Sep 25, 2016, 10:52 AM
Thread OP
Also, note that this is done at the factory as well. These small ( yet tedious) tasks add up to a quick build. Good stuff. Thats a pic of flap horn, they are all prebiilt. Thanks Sr. Valenta!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2016, 04:12 PM
Thread OP
One wing complete, yes its pretty easy to build, and coming out pretty tidy as well. Here's finished servo installs. It is tight as you might expect.. I will get other wing done today as well, it is darn hot here...
Sep 25, 2016, 04:36 PM
F3B
That makes sense now. Servorahmen ids with their own pushrod.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Sep 25, 2016, 08:33 PM
I'm your huckleberry
Nice looking plane, should fly well. Do you have a cg range for the maiden?

Bob
Sep 25, 2016, 08:47 PM
WD is cycling? We need to talk, my parking base is El Do about 4 days a week. Take the trail north or south.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Sep 25, 2016, 09:31 PM
Thread OP
We really need to talk, I have been killing that place recently, end to end saturdays, sometimes sunday too...oh, the wings are done. Maybe a maiden tomorrow!
Sep 25, 2016, 09:33 PM
building season is here.
WD has been rolling that odameter. I think every time I've talked to him he's rolling 100km plus.
Sep 26, 2016, 01:00 PM
Thread OP
Wrapped up! Pic of the under the hood. Weighs just under 80oz, at 2230gr. I think there may be some grams coming out of the front, but that is where I am starting. This is almost exactly what I expected from Valenta. My notes page will be coming up, alot to it.
Sep 26, 2016, 04:56 PM
Very Nice, looks like an easy install
Sep 26, 2016, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacswd
Very Nice, looks like an easy install
Yes, easy. I want to go thru a few things I made notes of during the build.
First, the obvious stuff: the fit is really good, the tails slide on the fuse with just the right amount of tension, and no slop. The wing joiner fits just right as well, and the incidence pins go into the fuse perfectly. The finish of the skins is great, the paint lines are very crisp. I love the fuse! It is built for durable performance, the servo cutouts are just right, and i like its overall size.
Now some random tidbits I feel pertinent. The tails weigh 40gr, totally acceptable. Total weight just under 80oz, fine with that too. Prewiring of the wing is nice. The wing being outfit with the horns mounted in the ailerons and flaps, and the channel opened up in dragspar makes for quick work in building ( and saves on some tedious work that if you screw up, really hurts). The wingskins feel stout! Did i mention that? A towhook comes pre-installed, thanks! I will get some of that for sure.
So now, what would I change? The elevator pushrods, maybe a bigger hole so it can be sure to get a straight shot to the servo, no binding, and wasnt a big deal, Im just mentioning... My only real beef ( and its not much ) is the ballast capacity, and its a 2 sided issue. Twister comes with over 40oz ballast, but...The wing joiner slugs are perfect, 4 pieces fills 4 spots, nice. The round tube in the wing needs to be bigger, in my opinion. Its an easy fix, and many ways to do it. For a sport flyer, its not an issue, Im just a bit demanding...telling it how it is.
Overall, such a deal!
Cant wait to fly it!!!
Sep 27, 2016, 10:01 AM
Hates Palm Trees

Maiden Flight

WD .......................Let me know when you plan on flying it at Fermin and I will join you to provide some photos and maybe video.
Sep 27, 2016, 10:26 AM
If it is Tomorrow, I'm in too
Sep 27, 2016, 03:50 PM
Hates Palm Trees
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspb
WD good luck on you ride, check out randonneur USA.

Back on topic I'll have to check this out when i come into town next weekend wing platform looks good.
Sam should attend this maiden if he's coming into town!
Sep 27, 2016, 05:36 PM
Thread OP
Good possibility tomorrow, wind gods permitting. Will report
Sep 28, 2016, 08:13 AM
Thread OP
Today it is, concrete and conditions permitting. If you have a notion to appear, do it. I need a cameraman. Conditions say 12-15mph, adequate but not ballistic.

Quick Reply