Sep 05, 2019, 10:02 AM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin' Eagle
Good idea. Not sure if you have access, but goop on a long stick works very well, and is lighter I think.
Thanks, Dom. Goop on a stick is in the running. I'm gonna squirt a glob of insulation on a piece of paper and weigh it.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2019, 10:13 AM
Detail Freak
I used to make a 1/2" thick EPP bulkhead with straws as pushrod guides for my Ceres's.
You shove it down the fuse from the front. If your plane has snakes and housings as it sounds, this is even easier.

Another way is what I did with the later Ceres's:
Take out the fiberglass pushrod and insert a music wire, and use magnets on the outside of the fuse. Get the magnets perfectly straight.
Then hold the fuse vertically and dribble thin CA down the housings from the nose to the tail. You must allow about 2" with no housing at the back for the linkage to the V tails.
Sep 05, 2019, 12:08 PM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
I used to make a 1/2" thick EPP bulkhead with straws as pushrod guides for my Ceres's.
You shove it down the fuse from the front. If your plane has snakes and housings as it sounds, this is even easier.

Another way is what I did with the later Ceres's:
Take out the fiberglass pushrod and insert a music wire, and use magnets on the outside of the fuse. Get the magnets perfectly straight.
Then hold the fuse vertically and dribble thin CA down the housings from the nose to the tail. You must allow about 2" with no housing at the back for the linkage to the V tails.
I've actually used every method mentioned so far on previous builds. I just haven't tried the expanding foam and thought I would give it a shot. The magnets and music wire is an excellent way to go. I've used it on several planes. I started a little blog on the plane (mainly for notes to myself because at my age I need to)..... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...es-the-Twister
Last edited by Tahoed; Sep 05, 2019 at 05:49 PM.
Sep 06, 2019, 03:35 PM
DS Junkie
I would use Target's EPP suggestion first, but didn't mention it here as I don't think you have access to the boom from the front of the plane.
Sep 06, 2019, 03:58 PM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin' Eagle
I would use Target's EPP suggestion first, but didn't mention it here as I don't think you have access to the boom from the front of the plane.
Looks like you could stuff the EPP through the joiner hole, then push it in from the front with a flexible rod. There is access under the servo bay. Decisions, descisions......
Last edited by Tahoed; Sep 06, 2019 at 04:03 PM.
Sep 11, 2019, 10:12 AM
“FLY THE PLANE”
You can use foam.
lay a wire the length of the foam and tape the foam in a compressed state slide it down the fuse then pull the wire and it should split the tape opening it in the fuse. You just use masking tape lightly be sure you Start the cut in the tape at the wire location so it is easy to start removing it.

Btw the other end of the wire is long so you can secure it when pulling the inner side to cut the tape

You can do small lengths at a time so it’s easier. If the foam tries to slide out while your pulling jus use a ram to hold it in place. ( ram= long dowel or rod)

P
Sep 13, 2019, 12:26 AM
I flew mine today at Fermin, she was rippin at 130oz!
Sep 13, 2019, 12:30 AM
Looks like it needed a lil down trim for level flight does that make it nose heavy?
Sep 13, 2019, 05:49 AM
Thread OP
neg. How did we miss each other, I was there too...
Sep 13, 2019, 06:05 AM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Use the force David! Release your earthly thoughts!

:-)
Sep 13, 2019, 06:31 AM
I got there about 4:30 or so.
Sep 13, 2019, 06:34 AM
The force has been applied...
Sep 13, 2019, 02:06 PM
Thread OP
It was strong....

Quick Reply