Valenta Model Twister F3F/B introduction and build thread - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 20, 2016, 09:44 PM
New Product

Valenta Model Twister F3F/B introduction and build thread

The season just ended, and I am all over my fall/winter project.
I am really fired up to get another Valenta plane going, and I'm glad Bob at SoaringUSA suggested I get this plane going and offer up my progresses with the plane...
Personally, I have always liked Valenta planes, they have a great cost/performance/durability ratio, and that carries alot of weight with me. Valenta makes tough stuff that performs well.
So, I will let the specifics page do all the details, I will keep it simplish. There will be random thinking, and probably a few errors along the way. Deal with it!
First off, pictures! A general pic, a pic of ballast, and the gear going in.
Here we go
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2016, 09:47 PM
I mocked up the fuse real quick, I am going to use a li ion 18650 pack and Graupner 16L rx. Fits nice, the fuse is NOT as skinny as todays iddybiddies.
Sep 20, 2016, 10:14 PM
Sep 20, 2016, 11:54 PM
Parts bag! Drive system from servorahmen, and Valenta made pushrods premade, so you are covered for servo use of your preference. Bueno.
Sep 21, 2016, 05:28 AM
F3B
i've got the IDS frames to put in a build. Seems pretty easy to install, but I'm not sure how to get the flap horns in exactly the same place so the flap movement is the same.

With a normal horn I would use a jig, but with these you need to install the pushrod at the same times as the horn.
Sep 21, 2016, 08:33 AM
Hey Tom. Good thing Valenta did the horn install on Twister. Prefit trial and error will get you there.
Im hoping to get some work done on the wiring today, but concrete has a mind of its own...
Sep 23, 2016, 10:52 AM
Hates Palm Trees
WD

How about some estimated finished weights (empty and fully loaded) and a shot of the underside paint job?

Oh, and the specs.
Sep 23, 2016, 03:37 PM
Hey guys,

The New Valenta Twister is a dedicated 3m F3F/F3B model. SoaringUSA has these available for $1099.95. We also have a few different colors coming in. The model comes standard with ballast, and LDS!!

Valenta says the weight should be 2000g and up. We will see where Warren's build brings us with this.

Oh.. There is also an electric fuse available!!

Sep 23, 2016, 11:27 PM
Wiring loom completed. Wont bore u with details. Easy build airplane. Concrete taking up a bunch of time. (That, and my 1st cycling contest tomorrow morning) I will do the fuse servo fit/ install tomorrow and shoot a pic. Heres one for Steve. Underside of the wings.
Sep 23, 2016, 11:40 PM
Cycling? As in spandex and shaving your legs!

Go WD!
Sep 23, 2016, 11:48 PM
Havent shaved my legs....scary.
Sep 24, 2016, 04:10 PM
building season is here.
WD good luck on you ride, check out randonneur USA.

Back on topic I'll have to check this out when i come into town next weekend wing platform looks good.
Sep 24, 2016, 05:18 PM
100k in the books all bueno...will get with twister in a bit
Sep 24, 2016, 08:16 PM
Vtail servos mounted. Snakes come mounted flush to the "wall" at the aft end of the cockpit area. I didnt like their height, so i hogged them out and got them lower, for a straight shot to the servos. However, lowering the housing for the snakes makes them just a tad short to touch the wall for a firm mount, so i took some scrap pushrod material that just slid over the original exterior housing and slid them on, leaving a bit for good grip. I gooped them in place with everything ready for action. I will get a bit of goop on the housing in the joiner area as well, just to make sure nobody gets loose in there!
I really like servo tray in this fuse, this fuse will not break at the junction in front of the wing....good stuff ( think DelHagenish)
Sep 25, 2016, 11:34 AM
More building this morn. Wing wiring completely ready, and wires routed to correct spots on rx. Making up the servo/frame/rod goods, so here's what up with that. The rods are premade, a nice touch.