This thread is privately moderated by gooniac33, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 20, 2016, 02:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

A quick battery comparison

So the new Graphene packs are all the rage as of now... I got some 1s 950 packs for my Easy Sky Mini B-17 and they have brought what I thought was dead and dying back to life!! It is a brushed motor set up and it made me think that the motors had begun to wear out. NOT EVEN!!! It was like a brand new plane! Not to mention being able to fly for almost 20 mins and never hitting LVC... So when the 4s 45c 2200mah packs went on sale for $23.99 I had to try them out as well.

So this isn't a scientific test but will be an overall impression of how I think it felt in flight. I used my hat cam with a Run Cam to record the flights. i normally fly the plane with 2 different packs. it draws 50amps so I use a 4s 25c 2200mah Gens Ace pack and a China Hobby Line 4s 30c 2200mah pack. While the Gens Ace pack has a lower C rating it is light with very low internal resistance. They actually behave like they have a much higher C rating than 25c... The China Hobby Line packs have been really good as well! They are a tad heavy for their size but the performance is very respectable! Especially when you see how little they cost... so here is the Graphene pack first...

Graphene 4s 45c 2200mah
F 22 with Graphene packs (3 min 43 sec)

Here is the Gens Ace 4s 25c 2200mah
F 22 with Gens Ace pack (4 min 58 sec)

For my style of flying and in this plane the Graphene didn't give any advantage. Maybe it will last longer over time but performance is not as good as a lighter lower C pack. The weight makes a pretty big difference in vertical maneuvers... So for this size of a pack I am not convinced it really offers a performance advantage. Longevity aside of course....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2016, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
So the new Graphene packs are all the rage as of now... I got some 1s 950 packs for my Easy Sky Mini B-17 and they have brought what I thought was dead and dying back to life!! It is a brushed motor set up and it made me think that the motors had begun to wear out. NOT EVEN!!! It was like a brand new plane! Not to mention being able to fly for almost 20 mins and never hitting LVC... So when the 4s 45c 2200mah packs went on sale for $23.99 I had to try them out as well.

So this isn't a scientific test but will be an overall impression of how I think it felt in flight. I used my hat cam with a Run Cam to record the flights. i normally fly the plane with 2 different packs. it draws 50amps so I use a 4s 25c 2200mah Gens Ace pack and a China Hobby Line 4s 30c 2200mah pack. While the Gens Ace pack has a lower C rating it is light with very low internal resistance. They actually behave like they have a much higher C rating than 25c... The China Hobby Line packs have been really good as well! They are a tad heavy for their size but the performance is very respectable! Especially when you see how little they cost... so here is the Graphene pack first...

Graphene 4s 45c 2200mah
https://youtu.be/uUvU3B4rpa0

Here is the Gens Ace 4s 25c 2200mah
https://youtu.be/RfsUButJDn0

For my style of flying and in this plane the Graphene didn't give any advantage. Maybe it will last longer over time but performance is not as good as a lighter lower C pack. The weight makes a pretty big difference in vertical maneuvers... So for this size of a pack I am not convinced it really offers a performance advantage. Longevity aside of course....
Thanks for the videos.
Sep 23, 2016, 10:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnes
Thanks for the videos.
Welcome and hope it helped!

Quick Reply