Sep 10, 2019, 06:20 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Could be a little slop in the linkages. It would not take much at high speed. Or sloppy servos. Or, as you say, issues with the airframe or prop balance or prop hole slight off center.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2019, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
Could be a little slop in the linkages. It would not take much at high speed. Or sloppy servos. Or, as you say, issues with the airframe or prop balance or prop hole slight off center.
No vibration from motor
Linkages tight... made new rudder pushrod at 2mm Carbon and reinforced the horn as under heavy pressure it flexed
Servos, new and tight

Good thoughts...
I have asked before. But thru FrOS you have “different terms” for S6R settings. Is their a page that further defines these? What adjustment effects what flight behavior.
Sep 10, 2019, 12:22 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman
No vibration from motor
Linkages tight... made new rudder pushrod at 2mm Carbon and reinforced the horn as under heavy pressure it flexed
Servos, new and tight

Good thoughts...
I have asked before. But thru FrOS you have “different terms” for S6R settings. Is their a page that further defines these? What adjustment effects what flight behavior.
Yes!

I can find OpenTX info for setup but not a good step by step FrOS setup.
Sep 11, 2019, 10:12 AM
Question if I may:

can Ch 12 (Self-check/ oops switch in quick mode) be on a 2 position switch? Two position switch obviously passses by midpoint but doesn't pulse there. I bench tested and didn't get Ch 12 to start self check with the three quick toggles.

For a hack, could i just decrease the range of the two position switch to say 1570us?

I am using an X-lite pro and the bottom right switch is my "failsafe" switch on all my planes/quads. Would like to use this 2-way if possible for muscle memory.

Found my answer in this thread! Search is your friend!
Last edited by aversusb; Sep 11, 2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: I didn't read!
Sep 13, 2019, 10:56 AM

Progress

Like an idiot...I had my S6R wired wrong (TAER instead of AETR) so of course it wouldn't work right. Rebound the transmitter to rx just to make sure changes took.

SOOO, I sat down and fixed that last night, went into FrTx OS and went into SXR setup in the System menu. I setup normal airplane and then to next screen for enabling S6R and enabling Quick Mode...then all of the following functions began auto populating VERY SLOWLY. I set gains to 20 across the board just to start. I then went to the calibration menu and did all of the twists and turns and got the yellow flashing light on the rx each time but still no joy at the end to say "calibrated or finished" or whatever...tried it 3 times and the last time just stopped.

I then went into Inputs and Outputs sections in the Model and setup Aux1 and Aux2 on three position switches (put Aux1 and Aux2 on the Channel 5 & 6 functions in the S6R setup in the Systems menu previously).

When I threw the switches nothing seemingly happened...when I moved the plane though I could hear the control surfaces auto levelling or something but no blue light or any other light on the rx itself to indicate that it was being moved around. I must have something left to do to engage the switches that I'm missing. All control surfaces were moving correctly otherwise with manual input.

????
Last edited by RGS2010; Sep 13, 2019 at 11:03 AM.
Sep 13, 2019, 02:01 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Did you bind the RX in the 16 channel mode, D16 I think it is called?

Did you do self check and observe the surfaces do their dance, and then move the A,E,R sticks to their full extents?
Sep 13, 2019, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
Did you bind the RX in the 16 channel mode, D16 I think it is called?

Did you do self check and observe the surfaces do their dance, and then move the A,E,R sticks to their full extents?
Yes to D16 (8 channel mode w/ Telemetry).

How do I do the self-check?
Sep 13, 2019, 05:01 PM
Did you read the instruction sheet that came with the S6R? It has the details on how to instigate self check and how to configure channels 10 and 11 to give you the various modes.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer
Did you read the instruction sheet that came with the S6R? It has the details on how to instigate self check and how to configure channels 10 and 11 to give you the various modes.
Thx I’ll download it, it’s over a year old and lost.
Sep 14, 2019, 03:04 AM
RC fanatic
You say 8ch mode. You need to bind with D16 and have at least ch 1-12 enabled on the first model page.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sep 17, 2019, 01:12 AM
Mark Harrison
Any way to dynamically adjust the level flying position?

I was thinking it would be neat to dial in some high alpha flying by adjusting the level position with a dial.

If not, I'm going to try having a servo-controlled transmitter bed that can tilt up.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:03 AM
LOL
You can just use a Pitch Offset..... add in some Pitch.
BUT... I also limit maximum command to the SxR so it will not cross-over into Rate mode. eg 60% command or higher approx.
You do not need full 'throws'... commands... in an Angle Mode.... as even out to 50% gives 30deg or more angle capability. Plenty for normal flying with full control.
Plus you are likely only using AutoLevel for this specific purpose, thus limiting it doesn't matter.

If you want HIGH angles, you pretty well ant another flight controller brand. One that does not transition back to Rate mode.
So Eagtree Guardian... HobbyEagle A3super....
But if 30deg or so is OK, then the SxR can do it.

THEN... there is also no reason you cannot make the level Calibration AMISS intentionally anyway. Tilt the nose DOWN 30deg..... calibrate. (err, whatever the maximum 'error' amount they allow is - I am not sure on the SxR but usually 20-25deg sort of region))
You will then have enough Pitch Offset ability to alter that back to 0deg (via -30deg) and then out to +60deg (via +30deg).
Sep 17, 2019, 01:27 PM
Rick
I haven't really played with it but doesn't the hover function provide for an offset adjustment? If so, couldn't you use hover with an offset and/or some pitch control to get your high alpha?
Sep 19, 2019, 05:56 PM
made this chart to go with the other charts . Like to see the percents others use in their set-ups vs plane and flying style.
Sep 19, 2019, 07:06 PM
Nice charts!! That is what I need, rather than just text page/s.
That I rarely take, or read, anyway, lol. But SHOULD !!

Quick Reply