Jul 14, 2019, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreL
The same with my brand new S8R. Couldn't get the program to write config. Anyway the PC program is garbage. Doing everything from the SxR script is way more convenient.
I have seen where I can configure the Rx thru my 10x TX. Maybe itís just time to do it that way.

TMT. Is there a bug in the new software?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2019, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan.letzow
I prefer to use a timer associated with the switch to enable/disable motor.
So motor can only gets activated if:
a) I hold the spring/temporary switch 2 seconds or more
b) throttle stick position is idle

This avoids me incidently activating the motor.
Not only that, but I can also use the same switch for another function

quick flick of temp switc: reset timers and telemetry (altimeter)
2 second holding the temp switch: switch beetween motor on/off

Yea, that could have saved me. The throt was advanced when it tipped. I caught the momentary switch with my arm, doubt it was two seconds...
I toyed with with using the momentary switch and assigning the demented s lotion knob to position, #2. so both had to be in position and activated to work. Then when on bench knob in position #1 or any other it would have no chance of activation. I did that for the auto-check. Works great. Knob at pos. #6, three flicks of momentary switch and we dance the dance of self check.

Slide so far is simple and one action.... Joanne warns me to when activated.
Last edited by kitchenman; Jul 16, 2019 at 07:04 AM.
Jul 15, 2019, 06:04 PM
That 'standard' multicopter idea of using both Sticks to control and arming sequence is a good one....
And no reason you can't even add a Switch to that system ALSO. Just to add a pretty well foolproof total.
Jul 16, 2019, 07:07 AM
Had fits with my laptop. Cleaned it up and upgraded to windows ten. Things are working cleaner and faster. Will retry Wednesday and keep you posted.
Jul 16, 2019, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
I don't have a .otx file as I use erskyTx firmware.

My logical switches:
L1: |v|<val Ele 2 and switch SCv
L2: |v|<val Ail 2 and switch L1

I don't use "quick mode", so I just use L2 to control channel 11. My setup uses SC^ for normal, SC- for stabilise and SCv for auto-level, with auto-level being put back to stabilise as soon as I move either the Ail or Ele sticks.

Mike
Mike, that seams to be the best activation in an emergency one could have sticks center and let go... does that effect your normal flying at all? Like coming in for a landing and all of a SUDDEN she auto levels on you?
Jul 16, 2019, 07:20 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
I fly in stabilized mode but have logic like Mike's on my momentary switch that puts it into ALM until I move either ele or ail. I originally set it up for hand/bungee launch but it works good for "panic" IF I can actually find the switch.
Jul 16, 2019, 07:59 AM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Someone hollered ?
Don't ask me, it's winter and we don't fly here then, it's too bloody cold wet and miserable to fly. We have snow 5km away.
I have not done an upgrade in ages, is there new/er firmware available, I'll have to go look.
And mpjf01, you were not the only one confused with that post, and I spotted exactly the same thing.
Panic Mode is only available if using Quick Mode, Quick Mode only uses a single switch for Auto Level, Off and Stab.
KE and Hover are disabled in QM, they only work if Standard or Normal mode is being used.
And Pete just confuses me with every Post
I'm busy doing other things, it's Mike B's fault, because of his new A1, A2, A3, A4 sensor I went out and bought an Arduino, learning to drive it with C++ sucks.

Added: OK there is new/er Firmware ~
2019-06-05 190531
1. Fix the issue that for some of the Rx No. ,binding is not possible.
2. Optimised the lua support when using SxR to set other devices like sensors,esc .etc.
446KB
I'll look at it later.
Last edited by Too Many Toys; Jul 16, 2019 at 08:10 AM.
Jul 16, 2019, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
Someone hollered ?
Don't ask me, it's winter and we don't fly here then, it's too bloody cold wet and miserable to fly. We have snow 5km away.
I have not done an upgrade in ages, is there new/er firmware available, I'll have to go look.
And mpjf01, you were not the only one confused with that post, and I spotted exactly the same thing.
Panic Mode is only available if using Quick Mode, Quick Mode only uses a single switch for Auto Level, Off and Stab.
KE and Hover are disabled in QM, they only work if Standard or Normal mode is being used.
And Pete just confuses me with every Post
I'm busy doing other things, it's Mike B's fault, because of his new A1, A2, A3, A4 sensor I went out and bought an Arduino, learning to drive it with C++ sucks.

Added: OK there is new/er Firmware ~
2019-06-05 190531
1. Fix the issue that for some of the Rx No. ,binding is not possible.
2. Optimised the lua support when using SxR to set other devices like sensors,esc .etc.
446KB
I'll look at it later.
Thanks! With all that snow and no flying one would think.....

Still wondering how auto level induced by centered gimbals would effect the smoothness of flight. ? But interesting way to save the day. I usually fly in stab mode to cut down the buffeting from the wind. We live near the WARM WATERS of the Atlantic in the south end of FLA. So a breeze of 10mph is common at 9:am and can be more, easily.
Jul 16, 2019, 06:10 PM
It doesn't 'instantly' auto-level..... the whole stick motions are controlling ANGLES of the aircraft now. So you could view it as it is pretty much as per it is 'eased' across the range and into neutral/auto-level.
And effectively 'eased' out of the Angle mode and back into a Rate mode as you get further out on a TX stick angle. (This is more of a case that it is a 'hybrid' of both controls resultants and one is dominating more and more - Angle mode as you move more inwards TX stick, and Rate mode as you move more outwards).

But note, you will need to 'learn' how to fly propery/effectively in an Angle Mode - if you fly around with it in AutoLevel all the way - because you control an aircraft quie differently for that, versus when using a Rate Mode of control (all plain aircraft with no Flight Controller are a Rate Mode of control).
Jul 16, 2019, 08:38 PM
I just un-packed everything, Flashed an SXR (6) with the latest Firmware, rev-190531. (from my Radio)
WIN 7 Laptop using SXR, PC Config V1.8.3 and STK Dongle.

Yes there seems to be a problem "writing* to the SXR, it just sits there doing nothing endlessly.
Read seemed to work OK.

So AndreaHuang, we may have a problem. with the S6R_FCC_20190531 firmware
Jul 16, 2019, 08:47 PM
.....and that's why I crashed
Quote:

Yes there seems to be a problem "writing* to the SXR, it just sits there doing nothing endlessly.
Read seemed to work OK.
Same problem here. STK doesn't write, LUA from radio works fine.
Jul 16, 2019, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusby
Same problem here. STK doesn't write, LUA from radio works fine.
If I remember correctly, one cannot read the firmware version on an FRSky receiver. If that is true, can you really verify that the LUA script worked assuming the STK method did not? Since it is the same firmware used in both methods, I would question the success. Just sayin.....
Jul 16, 2019, 09:50 PM
.....and that's why I crashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by solson888
If I remember correctly, one cannot read the firmware version on an FRSky receiver. If that is true, can you really verify that the LUA script worked assuming the STK method did not? Since it is the same firmware used in both methods, I would question the success. Just sayin.....
Not talking about firmware, that flashes fine with the STK. It is writing the configuration to the RX that is not working via the STK.
Jul 16, 2019, 10:15 PM
I wish they'd pay attention jus'sayin.......
Jul 17, 2019, 02:25 AM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
I wish they'd pay attention jus'sayin.......
Hello sirs,

Please go to this page: https://www.frsky-rc.com/stk/, and download the Tool-FrSky Freelink to configure your SXR. You can also find this tool on S6R/S8R download page now.
S6R download page: https://www.frsky-rc.com/s6r/
S8R download page: https://www.frsky-rc.com/s8r/
Please let me know if you still have the questions.

Quick Reply