FrSky S6R 6CH Receiver With 3-Axis Stabilization With Smart Port Telemetry - Page 51 - RC Groups
Nov 30, 2016, 06:04 PM
WSW@10
i have a s6r installed in a pitts python... i believe it has the faulty firmware on it... hard to get to the rx but i have a voltage sensor lead i can reach... somewhere in this thread are instructions for a firmware update with servos connected, since the usb doesn't provide enough voltage... it had a way to power the rx and remove the power wires on the STK?? anyone know what wires to connect and disconnect on the STK and my power source = 5v bec?? (can't find that post)

thanks, RidgeMan

EDIT: correction... it's going to be powered by the esc!
Last edited by RidgeMan; Nov 30, 2016 at 06:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2016, 06:15 PM
Ersky9x Developer
You need the Rx to be the only device on the SPort. Connect just the - supply (GND) and the signal from the STK to the SPort of the Rx (no connection on the +).
Power the Rx from either a BEC or 4/5 cell NiMh. Only power the receiver on when the software on the PC says "Finding Device".

Mike.
Nov 30, 2016, 06:51 PM
WSW@10
will do, thanks.

EDIT: just a thought... is there anyway to have something like the SportSet app read and display the firmware version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
You need the Rx to be the only device on the SPort. Connect just the - supply (GND) and the signal from the STK to the SPort of the Rx (no connection on the +).
Power the Rx from either a BEC or 4/5 cell NiMh. Only power the receiver on when the software on the PC says "Finding Device".

Mike.
Last edited by RidgeMan; Nov 30, 2016 at 07:07 PM.
Nov 30, 2016, 07:16 PM
Ersky9x Developer
I don't believe there is any way to get the current firmware version out of the receiver(s).

Mike.
Nov 30, 2016, 07:59 PM
S6R new firmware available at http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/vie...=Firmware- S6R
Nov 30, 2016, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrSky RC
Which brave person will be the first to flight-test this new version?
Nov 30, 2016, 09:17 PM

S6R config tool update?

FRSky RC
Is there any chance you will update the official S6R config tool to allow the user to switch off stabilisation on a channel as you can with Mike Blandford's version?
Nov 30, 2016, 09:30 PM
Where are the release notes?
Nov 30, 2016, 11:33 PM
Up Graded to the "NEW" (2016-11-29) F.W. Still can't get Auto-Level to work with Delta Flying Wing and V-tail !!! All said Stable Mode appeared to work - all other modes not working (for Delta and Vtail).
Nov 30, 2016, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrSky RC
Dear Frsky: if some modes are not working e.g. auto--level in Delta Wing; please say so instead of having us running around in a maze.
Dec 01, 2016, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
Where are the release notes?
I can't remember if it was there before, but the download page now includes the note:
Fixed the bug in the previous version.
Very informative!
Last edited by chris.balmforth; Dec 01, 2016 at 02:44 AM.
Dec 01, 2016, 02:49 AM
Flashed S6R_FCC_20161129.frk on my DEMO flying wing.
Bind and made the configuration and calibration with STK adapter.

AUTOMATIC LEVEL MODE + STABILIZATION MODE working.
Dec 01, 2016, 03:21 AM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Quote:
If doing a long post, mark all the text as a block and copy it to the clipboard before posting, then you can paste it back in if you need to. Or you can type the text into something like Notepad so you keep a copy in case it is needed.

I have received a message from FrSky indicating the S6R firmware has (had?) a bug and they will fix it as soon as possible.

Mike.
Mike I actually did that, had it in the Clipboard. But then someone posted a Firmware file so I downloaded it
copied it from my Downloads folder into my S6R folder, then had a really big AHHHHHhhhhhhhh ! ! ! moment
Quote:
I don't believe there is any way to get the current firmware version out of the receiver(s).

Mike.
Yes this is annoying not knowing what firmware is actually on something, not only this Rx but all and sensors as well.

Better check the clipboard before I go snag the new firmware (BTW thanks kalle) release.

And my S.Port Voltage sensors turned up from Aloft, "select new sensors" found A2 so I need to make
some adapter leads/plugs to the 3S batt to test calibrate etc.
Last edited by Too Many Toys; Dec 01, 2016 at 03:31 AM.
Dec 01, 2016, 04:17 AM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycchu
Up Graded to the "NEW" (2016-11-29) F.W. Still can't get Auto-Level to work with Delta Flying Wing and V-tail !!! All said Stable Mode appeared to work - all other modes not working (for Delta and Vtail).
Did you try changing the Gain ? Check Ch9 on the slider is working in the outputs (Bar Graphs )screen.
The Gain is minimum at the midway point and Full at the normally Low and High part of the Slider/Pot
rotation, it's all AssBackwards.
Dec 01, 2016, 07:02 AM
If you set endpoints of CH9 to be 0 ... 100, then the minimum gain will be on one end of the pot throw, and maximum on the other.