FrSky S6R 6CH Receiver With 3-Axis Stabilization With Smart Port Telemetry - Page 3 - RC Groups
Sep 27, 2016, 05:21 AM
RidgeMan. You have to select that D16 mode

Could you make pics of the both sides of the STK stick pcb, so we see, what components are on it? Should be possible to use a ftdi to configurate the S6R ...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2016, 08:29 AM
WSW@10
wow... just look at my channel setting... 1 - 10! you may have solved this with 1 sentence! Thank You!!! channel 11 and 12 aren't transmitting, heading to the garage to try this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerhopp
Do you transmit all needed channels to the internal RF-module? 1-8 are not enough, took me 1.5 hrs to realise that
Sep 27, 2016, 08:40 AM
WSW@10
you can see I only had 10 channels selected.. will change that a retry.

thanks All for the help, will let you know results.

I will see if I can remove the wrapper off the STK without ripping it and will post the pics..

RidgeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123

Could you make pics of the both sides of the STK stick pcb, so we see, what components are on it? Should be possible to use a ftdi to configurate the S6R ...
Sep 27, 2016, 02:07 PM
WSW@10
I followed that link... can you translate? also... the screen shots.. trying to make sense of the Mixer screen?

ch10 20 SC FM1
ch11 20 SD FM2

Quote:
Sep 27, 2016, 02:25 PM
WSW@10
fpv-community.de seems to have a lot more info on setting up the s6r.. I wish some of this could be transferred here??? I would love to see some screen shots of the Flight Modes, Mixer setting, Input setting....

thanks Allerhopp, if you can post some of this I would be most grateful!!

RidgeMan

Quote:
Sep 27, 2016, 03:32 PM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeMan
I followed that link... can you translate? also... the screen shots.. trying to make sense of the Mixer screen?

ch10 20 SC FM1
ch11 20 SD FM2
There is nothing special, 20% weight (we need at least 10% to aktivate switching) and FM1 and FM2 are the names for the mixes. It does the same as your mixes, even if it looks different. I use the swtches SC and SD for switching the flightmodes. You need only the normal setup for your plane and the channels 9-11 for the S6R functions - thatīs all. The screenshots show everything related to S6R.

Take a look at thebriars0 OpenTX documentation, if you need additional information for your plane setup.
Sep 27, 2016, 04:55 PM
WSW@10
BINGO!! set radio to 12 ch, and every mode is working!!

THANK YOU Allerhopp!!!
I am one happy pilot.

RidgeMan

Quote:
Do you transmit all needed channels to the internal RF-module? 1-8 are not enough, took me 1.5 hrs to realise that
Sep 27, 2016, 05:32 PM
WSW@10
hey kale... here are some front and back shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123

Sep 27, 2016, 05:34 PM
WSW@10
thanks again Allerhopp, the 20 thru me off... which doesn't take much!

Quote:
There is nothing special, 20% weight (we need at least 10% to aktivate switching) and FM1 and FM2 are the names for the mixes. It does the same as your mixes, even if it looks different. I use the swtches SC and SD for switching the flightmodes. You need only the normal setup for your plane and the channels 9-11 for the S6R functions - thatīs all. The screenshots show everything related to S6R.

Take a look at thebriars0 OpenTX documentation, if you need additional information for your plane setup.
Sep 27, 2016, 09:25 PM
WSW@10
Hey all, I have another small problem, I know I've done this but can't remember how... I have the gain set to the Right Slider... but it's not working the full 0 to 100.. when in the center gain is off=0, if I go either direction it increases the gain... not getting the full throw... I know this is simple? just can't remember.. brain is tired...
Sep 27, 2016, 09:34 PM
I don't have a STK tool yet, but I did a configuration on a 9xr Pro with eepesky. I don't have two 3 pos switches, & I did'nt want to turn the stabilization off or use the stabilized / gyro modes anyway.
So I used a single 3 Pos switch to get Auto level, Hover & Knife Edge modes. On the bench, with servos attached, all seem to work ok. However The Gain Pot does not seem to disable the stabilization like I'm used to with my Eagletree Guardian.
It only adjusts it from low to a higher level.

Edit Ridgeman.. I had the same problem on my P2 pot as you with the middle being Low Gain & left & right being high gain.
I know you are using Open TX , but I did get the Gain to work the full range.
See my CH09 on the screen shot. Maybe you can get it working with that example.
Last edited by Tuffenuff; Sep 27, 2016 at 09:40 PM.
Sep 27, 2016, 09:52 PM
WSW@10
hey Tuffenuff, just gave it a try... no luck... I've seen how this was done before... maybe a youtube? I know I have volume setup on a pot and I get full range but the fact that the is controlling a channel make it a little harder.. don't need to go -100 to +100 .. need 0 to 100 with 50 as the middle... I will dig around and post when I find the answer uunless someone else here helps... thanks! OpenTx 2.1.9 Taranis +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffenuff
I don't have a STK tool yet, but I did a configuration on a 9xr Pro with eepesky. I don't have two 3 pos switches, & I did'nt want to turn the stabilization off or use the stabilized / gyro modes anyway.
So I used a single 3 Pos switch to get Auto level, Hover & Knife Edge modes. On the bench, with servos attached, all seem to work ok. However The Gain Pot does not seem to disable the stabilization like I'm used to with my Eagletree Guardian.
It only adjusts it from low to a higher level.

Edit Ridgeman.. I had the same problem on my P2 pot as you with the middle being Low Gain & left & right being high gain.
I know you are using Open TX , but I did get the Gain to work the full range.
See my CH09 on the screen shot. Maybe you can get it working with that example.
Sep 27, 2016, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeMan
Hey all, I have another small problem, I know I've done this but can't remember how... I have the gain set to the Right Slider... but it's not working the full 0 to 100.. when in the center gain is off=0, if I go either direction it increases the gain... not getting the full throw... I know this is simple? just can't remember.. brain is tired...
The gain of S6R= abs (CH9-M) it means when in the center gain is off=0, if go either direction it increases the gain, when in the end of any side, the max gain of every axis is seted on the config software.
Sep 28, 2016, 02:35 AM
RidgeMan, thank you for sharing the pics.