FrSky S6R 6CH Receiver With 3-Axis Stabilization With Smart Port Telemetry - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 23, 2016, 02:03 AM
Registered User
kalle123's Avatar
Just heared in openrcforums, that the AD1 socket is NOT there.

"built in voltage sensor" it's the receiver supply monitor, no external port pins.

Thank you for those pictures!!

The antennas do have small plugs. I use q-tips with white spirit to soften the glue, wait a bit end then remove the glue with a toothpick ...
Last edited by kalle123; Sep 23, 2016 at 02:08 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2016, 08:45 AM
I void warranties
I've read these new rx's (along with the brand new version of x4r-sb) have some other type of antenna connector (not u.fl).

Is that true?
Sep 23, 2016, 01:05 PM
WSW@10
RidgeMan's Avatar
so you think that the antennas can be change? after removing the glue?
I guess we will be using s.port volt sensor.. we'll see what happens when I do "discover"... I can't wait to try it out! i'll keep this thread informed after I get my STK!

RidgeMan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffenuff
Bob those antennas have little square plugs on them that plug onto the ckt board. The glue is on them to keep them from popping off or moving.

I have no pins on the back side either in the A1 / G socket hole in the case

Steve
Sep 24, 2016, 11:21 AM
Registered User
kalle123's Avatar
Have a look here http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...l=1#post962866

Bernd did the configuration on his X9E with OpenTX2.2 N358 using the lua scripts.

No usb stick needed.

br KH
Sep 24, 2016, 11:25 AM
WSW@10
RidgeMan's Avatar
not sure... but it wouldn't surprise me... it wouldn't make sense to make things compatible!

best way to remove glue???


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
I've read these new rx's (along with the brand new version of x4r-sb) have some other type of antenna connector (not u.fl).

Is that true?
Sep 24, 2016, 12:55 PM
Registered User
kalle123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeMan
best way to remove glue???
see my post #16
Sep 26, 2016, 03:35 PM
WSW@10
RidgeMan's Avatar

FrSky STK


my STK came today... package was crushed but the STK was ok... they had my address messed up, but fedex called me because my phone nuber was on it "LUCKY"!!

ran the software and everything seem to go ok... one glitch... when writing the config to the s6r I got a error that program S6R quit responding... then it said "restarting" and I though it failed... so I recalibrated and changed wing type... tried writing again and got the same error... opened> read> and the wing type was what I had changed it to!!! so it did write to the s6r.. NEXT>>>> into plane!!

Have a big question... I was going to update the firmware using the STK and FrSky_update_Sport.exe I downloaded the new firmware but when I drill down in the folder I come to 2 folders, "FCC" and "LBT" they both have a .frk file.... which one do I use???

thanks, RidgeMan
Sep 26, 2016, 04:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeMan
my STK came today... package was crushed but the STK was ok... they had my address messed up, but fedex called me because my phone nuber was on it "LUCKY"!!

ran the software and everything seem to go ok... one glitch... when writing the config to the s6r I got a error that program S6R quit responding... then it said "restarting" and I though it failed... so I recalibrated and changed wing type... tried writing again and got the same error... opened> read> and the wing type was what I had changed it to!!! so it did write to the s6r.. NEXT>>>> into plane!!

Have a big question... I was going to update the firmware using the STK and FrSky_update_Sport.exe I downloaded the new firmware but when I drill down in the folder I come to 2 folders, "FCC" and "LBT" they both have a .frk file.... which one do I use???

thanks, RidgeMan
I think lbt is for EU if you have International firmware on taranis module use FCC.
Sep 26, 2016, 04:20 PM
WSW@10
RidgeMan's Avatar
Ok... thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uragano47812
I think lbt is for EU if you have International firmware on taranis module use FCC.
Sep 26, 2016, 06:52 PM
WSW@10
RidgeMan's Avatar
personally... I not having much luck with the STK tool.. or the s6r...

1. I have yet to see a green light ?
2. when I go thru the calibration I get the yellow flashing light... then it goes red?
3. put it in a plane... with channel 10 switch up, it appears to go into 3d mode... but that is the only mode I can get??? in any other switch position for ch10 & ch11 it doesn't do anything but fuction as a normal receiver!!
4. when I try to do a firmware upgrade and unpack the file... Norton Antivirus removes some .DLL file and the program won't run??? time for a break!!

if anyone knows whats going on... love to know!


RidgeMan


Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123
Have a look here http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...l=1#post962866

Bernd did the configuration on his X9E with OpenTX2.2 N358 using the lua scripts.

No usb stick needed.

br KH
Sep 26, 2016, 07:40 PM
WSW@10
RidgeMan's Avatar
I saw his post... don't speak whatever that is??? anyting you can find out as far as setting up the channels/switchs.... and translate would be great!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123
Have a look here http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...l=1#post962866

Bernd did the configuration on his X9E with OpenTX2.2 N358 using the lua scripts.

No usb stick needed.

br KH
Sep 26, 2016, 10:26 PM
WSW@10
RidgeMan's Avatar

a biggy?


if someone could translate this line to a switch setting... i'm just not getting it????

on the second line under "stabilization" ch11... reads:

M- then.. H<CH11<M+H then (CH11 SW Mid)

what is this saying?? or better yet... how do I set the switch/channel
Sep 26, 2016, 11:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeMan
if someone could translate this line to a switch setting... i'm just not getting it????

on the second line under "stabilization" ch11... reads:

M- then.. H<CH11<M+H then (CH11 SW Mid)

what is this saying?? or better yet... how do I set the switch/channel
M-H<CH11<M+H (CH11 SW Mid) mean sassign a 3 pos SW to be CH11,and make the CH11 SW pos in Mid.
Sep 26, 2016, 11:51 PM
WSW@10
RidgeMan's Avatar
here is my switch setup... that has very limited effect on the s6r.

switch RS -100 to =100

switch C... channel 10, down= +100 middle= 0 up= -100

switch D... channel 11, down= +100 middle= 0 up= -100

switch G.... channel 12, down= =100 middle=0 up=-100

the only mode I can get is OFF and 3D... off when C=mid, 3d when C is up and D is up or down..

any idea's????



Quote:
Originally Posted by linansRC
M-H<CH11<M+H (CH11 SW Mid) mean sassign a 3 pos SW to be CH11,and make the CH11 SW pos in Mid.
Sep 27, 2016, 01:15 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
Do you transmit all needed channels to the internal RF-module? 1-8 are not enough, took me 1.5 hrs to realise that