FrSky S6R 6CH Receiver With 3-Axis Stabilization With Smart Port Telemetry - Page 11 - RC Groups
Oct 14, 2016, 10:39 AM
All I want is a receiver with stabilisation for my little (24" span) delta. Just on the elevons. The mixer is in the Tx, output on Ch 2 &3.
All I need is some (gust/turbulence) stabilisation so the plane behaves like a (much) larger one...

My Tx is a JR X-388S (8 ch.) with a FrSky DJT module.
Working wonderfully with a D8R-II plus.

What's all that hoopla about programming through the Tx?
I see no good reason for changing from what I have now.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2016, 10:48 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno van Hoek
My Tx is a JR X-388S (8 ch.) with a FrSky DJT module.
Working wonderfully with a D8R-II plus.

What's all that hoopla about programming through the Tx?
I see no good reason for changing from what I have now.
For me it is a smart solution, if you have to change something in the flightmode gains at the flying field. No STK-stick and no notebook needed. But when everything is adjusted for your needs, you are right.
Oct 14, 2016, 10:50 AM
How else would you set it up? For a delta you need to have the mixers in the gyro function. Simply adding a gyro to each aileron channel is not an option.
Oct 14, 2016, 11:55 AM
@Bruno van Hoek, with your hardware you have to use the STK USB stick ....
Oct 14, 2016, 12:06 PM
If Bruno is only concerned with roll stabilization,
why wouldn't using Ail1 And Ail2 work for him?

Of course he would not get pitch stabilization, but that was not his stated goal, as I understood him.

I don't have an S6R so maybe a 2 aileron setup requires re-configuration.
So, this is just an interesting question for me. I'm not trying to be argumentative.
Oct 14, 2016, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoeny
I will try,
I'm an ownwer of X9D (1st Gen) und X9E.
With my X9E, it works. I'm using it for now.
Or is ist ment with Lua-Script ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123
Please do so and come back!
I have tested it.

It definitely works with X9D 1st Gen. !!!

But I didn't testet Lua because I#m running 2.1.9
Oct 14, 2016, 02:48 PM
Thank you. So this was just a rumor!
Oct 14, 2016, 10:14 PM
WSW@10
well... flew my Tech One Katana today with the s6r, burn about 10 batts thru it.. had a great time.. keep having what i'm calling rudder fludder, seems to do it at higher speeds, but I put it thru the pace's.. knife edge, hover all worked. sometimes it seems to take a bit to recover when flipping the switch from hover to gyro mode... but it think it's the newness of the plane... foam hinges are really stiff, tired of waiting for them to loosen up so I cut the foam... created some gap and installed some hinge tap.

not sure if anyone else has run into this... I had firmware update I down loaded on 9/21 (S6R_FCC_20160816.frk)... in a folder.. when I got my 2nd s6r I was doing the update so I went back to FrSky and downloaded it again and put it in a different folder.. tried running the update lastnight.. the file was the same name and size dated 10/13(S6R_FCC_20160816.frk) but when I selected it in the update program it wouldn't "find" the device...? I stopped the process restarted and selected the file from 9/21... device found... loaded.. no problem??? no sure whats going on there??

RidgeMan
Oct 15, 2016, 01:25 AM
Here's a sample eepe that selects the 5 flight modes. I have separated the mixes from the physical switches so that it is easier (for me anyway) to change the switch combinations from those in the manual as those don't happen to match my normal arrangements.

As with everything in OpenTx, this is just one of the many ways to achieve the same outcome.
Last edited by mpjf01; Oct 15, 2016 at 09:22 AM.
Oct 15, 2016, 08:25 AM
@mpjf01.

Thank you for posting. Should mention, your sample needs opentx 2.2 ...
Oct 15, 2016, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123
@mpjf01.

Thank you for posting. Should mention, your sample needs opentx 2.2 ...
I'm not sure that it does, I originally set it up on a 2.1 Taranis and it worked fine except for the .lua part.
Oct 15, 2016, 09:30 AM
WSW@10
thanks for sharing your work.. could you explain whats going on in the Inputs? (!sd)100%...(sd) 30%,,,, (!sa)100%..(sa)30% ??? I can't test with the sim.. it crash's my pc in 2.2. and the eepe will not open in 2.1.9.. is it just a low rate?

thanks, RidgeMan

EDIT: I've been looking at this eepe setup.. and realized something.. I thought I was getting a handle on OpenTx... I've got a LOT to learn!!

EDIT2: I realize this is a lot to ask... but could you explain how these setting in this pic work.. I guess i'm showing my lack of understanding.. but I've never used REPLACE... or singled out a flight mode.. it would go a long way in helping me realize what i'm missing out on... i'm definitely doing things the HARD way!!

EDIT3!!! BAM!!! I get it! I think?? very cool, my education continues!! THANKS! This software is AMAZING!!

thanks again, RidgeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
Here's a sample eepe that selects the 5 flight modes. I have separated the mixes from the physical switches so that it is easier (for me anyway) to change the switch combinations from those in the manual as those don't happen to match my normal arrangements.

As with everything in OpenTx, this is just one of the many ways to achieve the same outcome.
Last edited by RidgeMan; Oct 15, 2016 at 10:38 AM.
Oct 15, 2016, 10:03 AM
Tells me in 2.1.8

Invalid EEPROM File /media/Exchange HDD/BACKUP/FrSky Taranis/S6R/S6R.eepe

Possible causes for this:
- Eeprom is not from OpenTX
- Eeprom size is invalid

In 2.2N358 works
Oct 15, 2016, 11:00 AM
Cheshire , England

Using SB switch for modes

Just wanted to add my bit , made SB switch my mode selector .
Have I got this right with ch10 and ch11 , see pic .

I have a Custom curve set in each ch and have 3 levels on each ch for the 3 positions of SB switch . Does that make sense

Graham
Last edited by weavo56; Oct 15, 2016 at 11:13 AM.
Oct 15, 2016, 07:42 PM
WSW@10
some strange little things going on? ever since I put 2.2.N358 on this +, the trim switch for the rudder wouldn't show or say when it was center.. when I get to center I get a left side bar or right.. never the 2 in the middle.. I loaded this .eepe after changing it to a mode2 radio.. when I open the s6r model now I get the double bar at center and it says trim center!! when I go back and select the s6r model I had on it... back to no center??? strange... beta!! does the radio this was created on rudder trim center ok? and what ver of 2.2 are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01