FrSky S6R 6CH Receiver With 3-Axis Stabilization With Smart Port Telemetry - Page 101 - RC Groups
Feb 14, 2017, 12:29 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Has anyone gotten this RX to work with stabilization on original X9D?

Russ
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2017, 05:38 PM
Ersky9x Developer
I do have it working, but it only operates with some of the possible RxNumbers you can choose.

Mike.
Feb 14, 2017, 06:19 PM
WSW@10
The empty field's should be populated if the Lua is reading the s6r correctly... it may take a few seconds for them to fill in... otherwise it isn't connecting properly... OTX Firmware version?? anything else plugged into the s.port?? If you have anything plugged into the sport... try unplugging it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
Trying to configure the S6R using the lua script on my Taranis. Page 1/2 allows me to select Delta and Horiz, then page 2/2 allows me to select Enable as first field (S6R Functions), but then all the following fields show --- and it does not allow me to change any of these. Bit stumped! Any ideas guys?
Last edited by RidgeMan; Feb 14, 2017 at 09:55 PM.
Feb 15, 2017, 05:11 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeMan
The empty field's should be populated if the Lua is reading the s6r correctly... it may take a few seconds for them to fill in... otherwise it isn't connecting properly... OTX Firmware version?? anything else plugged into the s.port?? If you have anything plugged into the sport... try unplugging it.
I am using OpenTx 2.2-rc10 (latest version at this time), with the SDCard contents v0005 for Taranis. Nothing connected to smartport - simply the S6R powered from a BEC, bound to a new model on the Taranis and that's it.
I have posted a query on openrcforums also.

I also get issues running the calibration script. It allows me to save calibrations for the first few S6R orientations, then it gets stuck with a solid yellow LED and no further comms. I guess its possible I have a duff S6R.
Feb 15, 2017, 06:38 AM
Upside down, downunder in Oz
Quote:
I am using OpenTx 2.2-rc10 (latest version at this time), with the SDCard contents v0005 for Taranis. Nothing connected to smartport - simply the S6R powered from a BEC, bound to a new model on the Taranis and that's it.

I also get issues running the calibration script. It allows me to save calibrations for the first few S6R orientations, then it gets stuck with a solid yellow LED and no further comms. I guess its possible I have a duff S6R.
Need to connect the servos

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Feb 15, 2017, 08:28 AM
New configuration tool for S8R

http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/vie...ol%20for%20S8R
Feb 15, 2017, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
Tried the updated S8R tool and still no confirmation of the calibration (yellow light). Read and writes just fine.
Trying to get Aloft to answer their email with no luck. I will call them today and see what they have to say.
Feb 15, 2017, 09:06 AM
The two receivers that were ordered last week were delivered to me with the two LEDS missing. These LEDS are readily available, according to FRSKY D4 is Blue LED (0603 package) and D5 is the Yellow LED (0603 package. I'll get them and solder in tomorrow and report the outcome.
Feb 15, 2017, 10:00 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
I do have it working, but it only operates with some of the possible RxNumbers you can choose.

Mike.
Thanks Mike and is there any negative consequence to the restricted amount of Rx Numbers that can be used?
Feb 15, 2017, 10:02 AM
WSW@10
Hmmm.. I just tried running the lua with just a bec connected.. everything read correctly as you can see... are you using the .lua from the most recent firmware update, and is the firmware also the new one? you may want to check that lua or replace it.. may it got corrupted?
I'm also running RC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby58

Quote:

Feb 15, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby58

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Quote:
Hmmm.. I just tried running the lua with just a bec connected.. everything read correctly as you can see... are you using the .lua from the most recent firmware update, and is the firmware also the new one? you may want to check that lua or replace it.. may it got corrupted?
I'm also running RC10
Same results here - I've gone through 10's of programming cycles without servos connected and had no problems.
Feb 15, 2017, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
The two receivers that were ordered last week were delivered to me with the two LEDS missing. These LEDS are readily available, according to FRSKY D4 is Blue LED (0603 package) and D5 is the Yellow LED (0603 package. I'll get them and solder in tomorrow and report the outcome.
Why not just have a new one (with the LED) replace your defective unit under warranty? BUT...let us know the outcome for your DIY.
Feb 15, 2017, 04:46 PM
I set up the servos on my recent build using a servo tester. I liked the operation at 150 percent, and set up the linkages for that.

I set my outputs to 150% on my Taranis Q. Output monitor looks right. The S8R does not seem to be passing that along. The range of motion appears to be 100% only.

Has anyone seen anything like that on their SxR receiver?
Feb 15, 2017, 04:58 PM
RC fanatic
Quote:
I'm also running RC10
No such luck for me:
Name: IMG_20170215_215612.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 408.2 KB
Description:

Hopefully the STK will be here in next few days and I can try that.

edit - just to answer your questions (sorry I missed them) - I am running 2.2-rc10 and the LUA scripts look totally fine. I thought about re-writing the S6R firmware but I have the EU version on mine (this is the LBT one). I can see the firmware downlad for S6R on the frsky website but it doesn't say its the EU version, so I'm a little reluctant to try this.
Last edited by athertop; Feb 15, 2017 at 05:05 PM.
Feb 15, 2017, 05:54 PM
Quote:
No such luck for me:
Attachment 9787609

Hopefully the STK will be here in next few days and I can try that.

edit - just to answer your questions (sorry I missed them) - I am running 2.2-rc10 and the LUA scripts look totally fine. I thought about re-writing the S6R firmware but I have the EU version on mine (this is the LBT one). I can see the firmware downlad for S6R on the frsky website but it doesn't say its the EU version, so I'm a little reluctant to try this.
At FrSky's you find the download at
http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/vie...e=Firmware-S8R
It is a ZIP-archiv containing two files:
S8R_FCC_20170112.frk and S8R_LBT_20170112.frk
The latter one, namend ...LBT.... is the EU-version (LBT = Listen Before Talk). It binds with an EU-Horus without any problems.
Max