Jul 23, 2021, 06:01 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Just run self check. And of course check to make sure all surfaces move in the correct direction.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2021, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W. Klink
Hi,
If I relocate my receiver vertically instead of horizontally, do I need to do the calibration thing again ?
Or just run the self check ?
You do have to configure the receiver for the new orientation.
Jul 23, 2021, 11:22 AM
OK thanks, I’ll run it again. Better safe than sorry.
Jul 24, 2021, 09:28 AM
Quote:
OK thanks, I’ll run it again. Better safe than sorry.
I think you just need to run the LUA script and change the "mounting type" orientation to match your installation.
Cheers, DSA
Jul 25, 2021, 08:55 PM
Sailplane Mafia
A friend of mine just bought a S6R from Aloft for his RadioMaster TX16s. It would not bind. So today at the field I tried binding it with my Horus X10s (not Access) radio. It also would not bind. I had a 1.x firmware on my Horus radio and flashed it. It bound fine on either radio then. Are these receivers being shipped with Access now? They don't indicate anywhere on the packaging what version it is.
Jul 25, 2021, 09:04 PM
They probably have ACCST v2.1 on them now, there is no ACCESS for these S6R receivers.
Jul 25, 2021, 09:06 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring
A friend of mine just bought a S6R from Aloft for his RadioMaster TX16s. It would not bind. So today at the field I tried binding it with my Horus X10s (not Access) radio. It also would not bind. I had a 1.x firmware on my Horus radio and flashed it. It bound fine on either radio then. Are these receivers being shipped with Access now? They don't indicate anywhere on the packaging what version it is.
They should all be coming with ACCST D16 v2.1 now, which is the current ACCST firmware. It won't bind to a radio running D16 v1 firmware.

It sounds like that's the issue, since if you flashed 1.x to it and it worked, you have ACCST D16 v1 on your Horus (and your friend was probably using FrSky X which is ACCST D16 v1)

There is no ACCESS firmware for the SxR's.

That receiver should bind out of the box on a TX16S in FrSky X2 mode.
Jul 26, 2021, 02:58 AM
If you are using the TX16S and a recent version of OpenTx and MPM firmware, you can bind with either V1 or V2 ACCST - they are both included in the firmware
Jul 26, 2021, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa44
I think you just need to run the LUA script and change the "mounting type" orientation to match your installation.
Cheers, DSA
Did this, and worked fine !
It’s that simple
Jul 27, 2021, 03:26 AM
Well things didn’t go that well for me today.
Did something stupid and broke everything apart.

Do you know how can I put back the antennas ? Is it OK to solder them ?

Can I try to use the receiver without antennas ?
Jul 27, 2021, 03:52 AM
Quote:

Have you tried pushing them back on? Make sure they are squared to the board and push straight down (not too hard, they should snap back on easily)
Jul 27, 2021, 05:46 AM
Quote:

Never power a transmitter or receiver with telemetry without the antenna's attached. There's quite some chance that it will be damaged while doing so.

The antenna's should be pushed back on like ooOoo mentioned.
Jul 27, 2021, 07:46 AM
My Socata Rallye 235 from 80s
Quote:
Originally Posted by alm_nl
Never power a transmitter or receiver with telemetry without the antenna's attached. There's quite some chance that it will be damaged while doing so.

You can indeed blow the front end of the transmitter depending on output power but depends on the RX. If it also has a telemetry tx then it is possible..

As to soldering. replacement antennas are as little as $.99 on Amazon that will simply press fit. If the original connector is intact on the receiver, that is you best option. No telling if the antenna was damage when it was ripped off, assuming that's what happened. I would buy a few spare antennas. If the RX connector is damaged I would try to solder a new replacement.

Bob
Jul 27, 2021, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Have you tried pushing them back on? Make sure they are squared to the board and push straight down (not too hard, they should snap back on easily)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alm_nl

Thank you guys, they do indeed snap back. It wasn’t easy because the double board don’t give you room to pinch it.
So I used gently a pliers and it went fine.

Now I hope that the receiver is still alive, those receivers are tough to find those days.

Also I won’t use heavy duty tape to attach the antennas anymore so they won’t rip off in the next crash.
Jul 31, 2021, 08:10 AM
New York Highlander
You could dab a little hot glue over the antenna connectors to prevent them from popping off again. If you ever wanted to replace them, the hot glue can be removed simply with isopropyl alcohol.

Fergy

Quick Reply