Frsky Horus 12-S Widget exchange - RC Groups
Sep 19, 2016, 09:23 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Discussion

Frsky Horus 12-S Widget exchange

I don't see an organized forum channel for exposing ideas and sharing widgets. I think the LUA support for the Horus is one of its ore versatile features. So lets hear about your ideas - and lets see the collaborative power of a new community -

I will be offering the first widget shortly - (unless one of you beat me to it)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2016, 09:42 PM

RSSI audible monitor

This Widget is offered free of charge without warranty - anyone installing it does so at their own risk. I tested this widget myself - it seems to be stable and causes no issues that I was able to find. If you find a bug - post it here -

This widget was designed to support the initial installation and tuning of your Receiver antennae orientation and positions. I found it a PITA to toggle my RSSI call outs while thermalling at 1 KM with my glider. The time it took for a single call out was way too long and I often was asking myself if the call out I got was indicative of a constant RSSI position or just a single drop out that I toggled on... I would never know until I landed and looked at the logs.

So I asked a friend if we could convert a vario tone with input from the RSSI and the result is this widget. When you install it you drop the main lua script into your widgets directory and you are done.

On the Horus (OTX 356RC) Select Telemetry - Setup widgets and select your newly created widget. In OTX which was the context this was created in - you can hit page down and turn on the widget. Lower tones are good - They will be heard as your RSSI rises- Higher tones with more frequent beeps are indications that your RSSI is dropping and you can easily tell the difference in a 10 DB gain or loss even in a single circle. A flat high pitched line is bad and that means you have lost RSSI and telemetry and a log counter will start to go off.

The metric for the counter was not really important to me its not MS or pure seconds and I dont really want to get into a huge debate on that counter- we just use it as a means to know that at a time in the flight we actually lost logging. If you lose logging it doesn't mean you are guaranteed to lose link and control but its simply another great indication that you can improve your setup if you experience that.

Why use this - ? if you are interested in testing various (SAFE) antennae positions in flight and instantly tuning for optimized results on the next flight - this widget might help you.
Sep 20, 2016, 03:52 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Excellent thread webbsolution !
Sep 20, 2016, 08:34 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Why not use a platform like rcsettings that already holds a bunch of stuff?
Sep 20, 2016, 10:22 AM
Kilrah - thats probably a good idea but im not a member over there and this is the community I have been a part of for a long time now so I posted here. We can link to anything we want though...
Sep 20, 2016, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Why not use a platform like rcsettings that already holds a bunch of stuff?
We reached out to them early on to see if they could add some features to their site but have heard nothing back. Would be great to store all images, sounds, widgets, etc at one site.
Sep 20, 2016, 12:20 PM
Adam
Can the RSSI widget be adapted for OTX 2.1.x? 2.1.9 is what I am using on a Taranis.
Sep 20, 2016, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
We reached out to them early on to see if they could add some features to their site but have heard nothing back. Would be great to store all images, sounds, widgets, etc at one site.
For now people have been adding everything to a Google drive.

A link is listed in one of the earlier posts here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2727927

Or a direct link is available here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...W40M3pvMmwzWHM

There's already a widget folder under the OpenTx section and I've uploaded this widget there.
Sep 20, 2016, 12:28 PM
likely -
Sep 20, 2016, 12:29 PM
Cool - but that drive needs folders and a text file describing what the widgets do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRCode
For now people have been adding everything to a Google drive.

A link is listed in one of the earlier posts here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2727927

Or a direct link is available here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...W40M3pvMmwzWHM

There's already a widget folder under the OpenTx section and I've uploaded this widget there.
Oct 06, 2016, 03:47 AM
Is there a nice graphing Vario Widget already for Horus? Else i will adapt the Taranis version
Oct 06, 2016, 11:08 AM
I dont see a lot of widgets in place yet - it would be nice to get a graph for the altimeter so we can tune glider launches -
Oct 13, 2016, 03:35 AM
I just published my graph widget Had the same idea about the altitude but it is nice to graph rssi strength also

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3B3cVRBek5XOWM

From the readme.txt:

Title: Graphing widget for OpenTX on the FrSky Horus
Version: 1.0
Author: Herman Kruisman (******@ccme.nl, Tadango online)
Requirements: FrSky Horus with OpenTX build RC7 of later (build AFTER 13-10-2016)
Option: Source, background color, interval, min / max value
Distribution: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WNVd1h2OWl6a00

!IMPORTANT! This widgets requires an OpenTX build LATER then RC6. At this moment (13-10-2016) there
is no build available compatible with this widget! If you build from the git source yourself then
you can use this widget already. Otherwise wait until the next nightly (RC7 or later) or the final
release. !IMPORTANT!

This widget was designed to provide real-time graphing to OpenTX on the FrSky Horus radio.
Possible usages are: Rssi strength / battery voltage monitoring, altitude plotting for gliders ect.

The graph captures data from the selected source and stores a maximum of 100 measurements. The interval
determines the time between each measurement. The interval can be calculated with this formula:
10 * interval * interval = milliseconds between each measurement. The interval update rate is limited
by the lua widget refresh which seems to be about 100mSec or 10 measurements per second. The interval 1
to 3 have the same timespan. The interval range is 1 to 35, 10mSec to 12,25sec. That would create a
graph with a timespan of 1 second to 20.4 minutes. The default interval of 8 would give a graph length
of about 1 minute.

The graph has 2 operating modes: Small and normal. In small mode the graph does not display the source,
min, max and current value and does not automatically scale the range. In normal mode the source, min,
max and current values are also display on the screen. The graph is automatically scaling if the measured
value is out of the min and max range. The min and max range option are used to create the minimum range
to display.

If there are no measurements available the graph is empty without numbers and with only the borders. If
any of the settings are change the chart is resetted.
Oct 13, 2016, 04:12 PM
Quick question.
I was scratching my head when my Horus wouldn't display a widget, so I started troubleshooting a bit.
What I found out, Horus would only display 5 (five) widget max, when going through the selection??
For example, I have 6 sub-folders under Widgets on my SD. One of the widgets wouldn't display on my Horus until I deleted one of the six sub-folders.
Is this a limitation? I hope not, I would like to have more than 5 widgets on my SD.
Or OpenTX only loads the first 5 Lua widgets skipping the rest?
Just wondering....
Oct 13, 2016, 04:17 PM
This limitation will be removed in the next OpenTX release.