OMNIBUS F3 Pro - RC Groups
Sep 18, 2016, 09:45 AM
Discussion

OMNIBUS F3 Pro

The OmnibusF3 flight controller is an integrated flight controller and OSD specifically designed for ease of use and outstanding flight performance. The MPU6000 inertial motion sensor was chosen for it's high reliability, accuracy and update speed. This board has no problem running fast loop times and ESC protocols. There is an onboard barometer for altitude sensing along with an On Screen Display (OSD) chip directly connected to the main processor (MCU). This tight integration between the MCU and the OSD enables fast updates to the display and easy configuration of the OSD, which is managed straight from the BetaFlight configuration tool. You no longer need to worry about the extra hassle of configuring your OSD with a USB/UART adapter and 3rd party configuration tool, it's all built into the flight control software.

Speaking of flight control software, the OmnibusF3 was designed to work specifically with BorisB's amazing BetaFlight firmware. Boris is a control system expert and has implemented his own "ISA-PID compensator" based PID controller, called the BetaFlight PIDc, that gives an almost-predictive control for that super locked-in stick feeling. Download the BetaFlight configurator to flash and configure your quadcopter here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...iknlhcocjccjao

Finally, for maximum ease of use, the OmnibusF3 has an onboard voltage regulator that can easily handle up to a 5s battery. No need to mess with a PDB, just plug your battery straight into the flight controller and you're ready to go! Along with the robustly engineered power management system on the OmnibusF3, special precautions have been taken to ensure that the sensitive OSD chip is well protected, so you don't have to worry about any problems with your OSD. No need to use a spark arrestor, even on 5s!

Pro Version using SBEC which makes less heat than LDO version(The Normal version)
Pro Version has build in Current Sensor and Power Filter too.

MCU STM32F303CCT6
Sensor MPU-6000
Storage SD Card Slot
BEC Build in 5V 3A SBEC (board can be powered from main battery)
Filter TDK Power Filter for VTX
Built in current meter, Small PDB

Shops:

Airbot:
http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...-prov1-72.html

RTFQ:
http://www.readytoflyquads.com/flip-32-f3-omnibus-pro

FPV303
https://www.fpv303.com/product/omnibus-f3-pro/

unmannedtechshop - UK
https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/o...ht-controller/
Last edited by myairbot.com; May 15, 2017 at 10:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2016, 11:01 AM
~Multirotor Fanatic~
A built in sd card slot, wow. The kitchen sink is next I would imagine.
Sep 18, 2016, 12:30 PM
Wise Selectah!
This is awesome!! The perfect flight controller package!

Too bad I JUST finished my QAV-X using the original Omnibus. I could have really used the Pro for this build, too. I had to use a 5v Pololu because the LDO got too hot and couldn't keep up powering the electronics. The voltage would drop to 2.3v after a few seconds. It was powering the XSR, vTx, cam, and LEDs.
Sep 18, 2016, 06:43 PM
I was just reading about this last night and wondered when it would be released, looks like it's going to be hard to beat it has everything you could ask for. Order placed....... I can't wait
Sep 18, 2016, 09:10 PM
Glad I waited, now I dont have to get a pdb with current sen. Cant wait!
Sep 19, 2016, 09:01 AM
hmm ...will I be able to get amp draw and mAh used. They way I understand is the current has to pass from battery through sensor and then to esc. I dont see pads for the ESC. Am I missing something?
Sep 19, 2016, 09:18 AM
I void warranties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larok
hmm ...will I be able to get amp draw and mAh used. They way I understand is the current has to pass from battery through sensor and then to esc. I dont see pads for the ESC. Am I missing something?

Xt60 + goes to one side of the resistor, wire comes from other side to PDB + input.
Xt60 - straight from it to PDB.
Sep 19, 2016, 09:24 AM
This flight controller is absolutely fantastic, exactly what I was looking for.

I don't see any mention of the barometer sensor in your product page, that's definitely the product I want to buy so please clarify.

Also in the first paragraph of the description it says Supports SD Card and LIPO direct input (2-4S)
Bu then in the features lists it says 2-6S Lipo Direct power

Would be great if you could sort these discrepancies out.
Thanks for the great work.
Sep 19, 2016, 09:50 AM
AKA jflyper
@sanpule
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpule
I don't see any mention of the barometer sensor in your product page, that's definitely the product I want to buy so please clarify.
In the non-Pro page, it is said that the first batch is BARO-less.

Quote:
Also in the first paragraph of the description it says Supports SD Card and LIPO direct input (2-4S)
Bu then in the features lists it says 2-6S Lipo Direct power

Would be great if you could sort these discrepancies out.
Thanks for the great work.
I believe 4S is a typo and it's 6S capable.

There's a history behind the 4S-6S woes. The non-Pro was first introduced as 6S capable, but it got really hot thanks to LDO dissipating excess voltage into heat, so they re-labelled it down to 4S (so, it's still 6S capable, but 4S recommended.) The Pro version has BEC, so no more worries of heat, and I believe it can handle 6S without any problem.

@Larok
Quote:
You have to wire it as: LiPO-FC-PDB(or harness)-ESC.
Sep 19, 2016, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
Xt60 + goes to one side of the resistor, wire comes from other side to PDB + input.
Thank you. I see now
Sep 19, 2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
In the non-Pro page, it is said that the first batch is BARO-less.
I'm not talking about the non-Pro page, but about the PRO page that I linked in my post.
If you look at the page it doesn't say anywhere that there is barometer.
I don't want to be annoying I'm just saying that you should add this feature in your product page so that your customers are aware of all the great feature of your FC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
I believe 4S is a typo and it's 6S capable.
Yeah I believe so as well, and knew the story as well.
Again I suggest you to fix the typo so it iwll be less confusing for your customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
You mean just connecting the LIPO to the top pinholes on the board, and then the ESC to the same pinholes but just on the bottom of the board?
Sep 19, 2016, 12:21 PM
This is what It sound like to me. Am I right? Don't laugh at my MS paint skills.
Last edited by Larok; Sep 19, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
Sep 19, 2016, 12:38 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpule
I'm not talking about the non-Pro page, but about the PRO page that I linked in my post.
If you look at the page it doesn't say anywhere that there is barometer.
I don't want to be annoying I'm just saying that you should add this feature in your product page so that your customers are aware of all the great feature of your FC.
Here's my reference; it was addressed to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myairbot.com
Omnibus F3 Pro yes, but you are in wrong thread

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2742116
That is the correct one.

For Omnibus F3 Pro, the jumper will select which power goes through the filter.

Our name is confusion, sorry.

For the OMNIBUS F3,
It has two version:
1. with baro (we call it Pro version of the OMNIBUS F3 in the shop in the past)
2. without baro

For the OMNIBUS F3 Pro (The real Pro, which has current sensor, BEC and Power Filter)
It has two version:
1. with baro
2. without baro (for the first batch, there is no baro)
Quote:
Yeah I believe so as well, and knew the story as well.
Again I suggest you to fix the typo so it iwll be less confusing for your customers.
I'm sorry, I don't represent airbot.

Quote:
You mean just connecting the LIPO to the top pinholes on the board, and then the ESC to the same pinholes but just on the bottom of the board?
For ESC power (and everything you want to measure with your current sensor), it would be taken from the downstream side of the shunt register.
For ESC signal, 1~4 are provided as 3x4 through holes and also as SH connector, and 5-8 are provided as 1x4 through holes.
Sep 19, 2016, 12:41 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larok
This is what It sound like to me. Am I right? Don't laugh at my MS paint skills.
Your's is better
Sep 19, 2016, 03:32 PM
What's the current sensor limit?