Dec 04, 2016, 02:06 PM
Champagne Supernova
Does this thing have a built in lost model alarm ?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2016, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remote_Pilot View Post
Does this thing have a built in lost model alarm ?
It does have a buzzer that's assigned to an aux switch.
Dec 05, 2016, 06:55 PM
Retired USAF, A&P mechanic
Could someone measure the inside of the frame and tell me the usable dimensions for electronics? Im trying to see if my older electronics will fit. Thanks in advance! Still considering this one...
Dec 11, 2016, 10:48 PM
Angry Flyer!
A picture of a GoPro mounted as well please.
I'm not sure how it is supposed to be strapped.
Dec 12, 2016, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriley1974 View Post
A picture of a GoPro mounted as well please.
I'm not sure how it is supposed to be strapped.
The supplied GoPro chair is for the Hero 3/4. You'll have to use a different mount for the Session.
Dec 12, 2016, 10:00 AM
Champagne Supernova
Has anybody else's antenna come off ? Its a different fitting than I have seen. Its pressed into place at the *45 so it comes right out. Or it came right out whether it was supposed to or not. I just pushed it backed in and seems to be ok

Im going to change that setup and use a short cable from the TX to a standoff mounted to the back of the frame. Something like this. I'll prob have to punch a hole in the side for the cable
Dec 12, 2016, 10:03 AM
Champagne Supernova
Also it looks like they used Betaflight 2.7.1 for the FC firmware. Is that correct ?
Dec 12, 2016, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Has anybody else's antenna come off ? Its a different fitting than I have seen. Its pressed into place at the *45 so it comes right out. Or it came right out whether it was supposed to or not. I just pushed it backed in and seems to be ok

Im going to change that setup and use a short cable from the TX to a standoff mounted to the back of the frame. Something like this. I'll prob have to punch a hole in the side for the cable
I broke my original on 3rd ever FPV flight. Just replaced it with a 90 degree sma. Have not had any issues since.
Dec 12, 2016, 03:05 PM
Angry Flyer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theibault View Post
The supplied GoPro chair is for the Hero 3/4. You'll have to use a different mount for the Session.
Thank you. I'll just use the mount that comes with Gopro... seems to be enough room.
Dec 17, 2016, 12:53 PM
Champagne Supernova
Already have an esc or motor issue. About 10 flights maybe. Stutters, motor wont spin up gets real hot motor and esc I shut it down. Unreal. Aint had it 2 weeks
Dec 17, 2016, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Already have an esc or motor issue. About 10 flights maybe. Stutters, motor wont spin up gets real hot motor and esc I shut it down. Unreal. Aint had it 2 weeks
That's a bummer. Any crashes that could have damaged the motor? I have over 80 pack on mine and no issues other than I have a small crack on the top plate from a nasty crash and I broke the plastic coffin on my 3rd flight (since replaced with a red one).
Dec 17, 2016, 01:47 PM
Champagne Supernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theibault View Post
That's a bummer. Any crashes that could have damaged the motor? I have over 80 pack on mine and no issues other than I have a small crack on the top plate from a nasty crash and I broke the plastic coffin on my 3rd flight (since replaced with a red one).
No major crashes hit a gate now and then. I been flying 3s and switched to a 4s. Was cruising along and it started wigging out flipping every which way. After that motor won't spin up just jitters. They are DYS brand and it appears there have been issues with them in the past

Been troubleshooting for a while now. Need a new esc. Wonder if I can add a little bee esc and be ok ?
Dec 17, 2016, 04:54 PM
Quote:
No major crashes hit a gate now and then. I been flying 3s and switched to a 4s. Was cruising along and it started wigging out flipping every which way. After that motor won't spin up just jitters. They are DYS brand and it appears there have been issues with them in the past

Been troubleshooting for a while now. Need a new esc. Wonder if I can add a little bee esc and be ok ?
Reach out to Horizon Hobby. They should warranty both the motor and ESC for you.
Dec 17, 2016, 04:59 PM
Angry Flyer!
What ratio (16:9 or 4:3) is more native view with the stock camera?
Dec 17, 2016, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriley1974 View Post
What ratio (16:9 or 4:3) is more native view with the stock camera?
It's a 4:3. It's a Spektrum branded HS1177.