Blade Conspiracy 220 - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 30, 2016, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remote_Pilot
Nice. It's tempting. Is the PDB built into the frame or separate ?
Separate.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2016, 12:44 PM
Champagne Supernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theibault
Separate.
Thanks. I just ordered it. Got 35 bucks off
Nov 30, 2016, 07:17 PM
Champagne Supernova
Thread doesn't seem very active. People passing in this one or waiting on price drop or something else
Nov 30, 2016, 07:47 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
just got mine, setting it up now, looks nice, hope it flys as good as it looks
Nov 30, 2016, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS
just got mine, setting it up now, looks nice, hope it flys as good as it looks
I'm a noob but I am learning to fly on this quad. I've since had a chance to fly some of my friends quads that they have built, and I'll tell you that this quad flies better (don't tell them that though ). The previous page has a couple videos of me flying it. I'd love to hear your thoughts after you have flown it.
Dec 02, 2016, 05:22 PM
I bought one for my kid, and then got one for myself since he seemed to be having fun w/ it.

I assumed since it was stated to be clean flight upgradable, that it was. And it may be. I obviously didnt choose the correct options for the 1.14.1 version, and it didnt work. Tried 3.01 on betaflight, didnt work.After calling HH and the guy saying he didnt know where to get that file (hex woulda been nice to flash all at once), I dumped the kid's files in the CLI tab.

Turns out the OG flightware is BetaFlight/NAZE_THEORY 2.7.1 Jul 1 2016. Oh. Looked at the available versions in BF, there is 2.7.1 and it's what they started with, they just gussied it up a bit. Got it back up and running, left the straight BF 2.7.1 LED setup as it seemed brighter, and CLI'd the lines that didnt match into the version on my quad. Great intro into flight firmware! I have a .docx file if anyone needs it.

The quad is pretty sturdy, I let the wife try it and she drop tested it for me from about 20', no problem. Seems fast, but all this RC stuff is faster than I am. I doubt if I'll be racing anytime soon, but should be great for flying the property and a break from the Tali!
Dec 02, 2016, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfred
I bought one for my kid, and then got one for myself since he seemed to be having fun w/ it.

I assumed since it was stated to be clean flight upgradable, that it was. And it may be. I obviously didnt choose the correct options for the 1.14.1 version, and it didnt work. Tried 3.01 on betaflight, didnt work.After calling HH and the guy saying he didnt know where to get that file (hex woulda been nice to flash all at once), I dumped the kid's files in the CLI tab.

Turns out the OG flightware is BetaFlight/NAZE_THEORY 2.7.1 Jul 1 2016. Oh. Looked at the available versions in BF, there is 2.7.1 and it's what they started with, they just gussied it up a bit. Got it back up and running, left the straight BF 2.7.1 LED setup as it seemed brighter, and CLI'd the lines that didnt match into the version on my quad. Great intro into flight firmware! I have a .docx file if anyone needs it.

The quad is pretty sturdy, I let the wife try it and she drop tested it for me from about 20', no problem. Seems fast, but all this RC stuff is faster than I am. I doubt if I'll be racing anytime soon, but should be great for flying the property and a break from the Tali!
Nice! Glad you are enjoying it. Anyone else who may be in the same boat as you, on page 2 of this thread there is a link to the factory settings.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&postcount=28
Dec 03, 2016, 08:54 AM
The Onedrive file the link goes to was pretty jumbled for me, I'm noobie enough that I would need a couple of weeks to decipher. Maybe could attribute it to my computer skills also. I prefer something to copy and paste into the cli window.

Really need to study up on this to get a deeper understanding of the software. But also need to fly the sob too!
Dec 03, 2016, 10:07 PM
Cam / Citizen 813
Just ordered one! My order of the Vortex 150 is on backorder till mid January 2017. Can't wait!!!! The guy that couldn't get his to fly with the DX6i, did you get that sorted out? There is no reason you can't use a DX6i for the Conspiracy 220 if I can get a Vortex 250 Pro to fly with it. You just might have problems getting all modes at once. All you need is two at a time, such as ACRO/AIR or ACRO/HORZ or ACRO/ANGLE.
Dec 03, 2016, 10:14 PM
Cam / Citizen 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfred
The Onedrive file the link goes to was pretty jumbled for me, I'm noobie enough that I would need a couple of weeks to decipher. Maybe could attribute it to my computer skills also. I prefer something to copy and paste into the cli window.

Really need to study up on this to get a deeper understanding of the software. But also need to fly the sob too!
Fairly NOOB here too.
Had the same problem with my Shuriken 180.
You do just need to Copy Paste that to the CLI.
It'll work.

"Wedding Packing Photos"?
Dec 04, 2016, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguytruckguy
Fairly NOOB here too.
Had the same problem with my Shuriken 180.
You do just need to Copy Paste that to the CLI.
It'll work.

"Wedding Packing Photos"?
ahahaha thanks for that ! Figured I was missing something. Makes everything much easier!

I would ne interested to know what is up w/ the 2.7.1 versions. The version in my kid's quad was the "naze_theory 2.7.1" version, and his was from the first batch. I got mine from the latest delivery, but didn't save the original sw so I don't know what it was.
But I notice that the "betaflight 2.7.1" (wedding packing photos indeed) in the downloaded copy from pg 2 has the same profile PIDs as the naze_theory version, but that the version of 2.7.1 now available on BF has different profile PID #'s.
Dec 04, 2016, 10:40 AM
Champagne Supernova
Is the channel display and channel selection button jacked up here ? Too far back. I just got it last night opened it up and setting it up this morning.

I don't see no button and only see one number
Dec 04, 2016, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Is the channel display and channel selection button jacked up here ? Too far back. I just got it last night opened it up and setting it up this morning.

I don't see no button and only see one number
That's how it is. The button is the big orange sticker that says PRESS. On the display, it'll have a dot and the number. Dot showing for band selection.
Channel Selection:
1. To unlock the display push and hold the
Channel Select button for 2 seconds.
2. Press the button to cycle through the channels (1-8).
3. Press and hold the button for 2 seconds to exit Channel Select.
If you are changing bands, proceed to Step 3 of the Band Selection section.
4. Press and hold the button again for 2 seconds to exit and lock the display.
Band Selection:
1. Press and hold the button for 2 seconds to enter Channel Select.
2. Press and hold the button again for 2 seconds to swich from
Channel Select to Band select.
3. Press the button to cycle through the Bands (1-5).
4. Press and hold the button for 2 seconds to exit and lock the display.
Dec 04, 2016, 12:58 PM
Champagne Supernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theibault
That's how it is. The button is the big orange sticker that says PRESS. On the display, it'll have a dot and the number. Dot showing for band selection.
Channel Selection:
1. To unlock the display push and hold the
Channel Select button for 2 seconds.
2. Press the button to cycle through the channels (1-8).
3. Press and hold the button for 2 seconds to exit Channel Select.
If you are changing bands, proceed to Step 3 of the Band Selection section.
4. Press and hold the button again for 2 seconds to exit and lock the display.
Band Selection:
1. Press and hold the button for 2 seconds to enter Channel Select.
2. Press and hold the button again for 2 seconds to swich from
Channel Select to Band select.
3. Press the button to cycle through the Bands (1-5).
4. Press and hold the button for 2 seconds to exit and lock the display.

Yeh thanks I did finally figure it out I didn't see the word press I thought I was looking at shrink wrap on the vtx or something. This thing is pretty nice, wish I could have flown it today.
Dec 04, 2016, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Yeh thanks I did finally figure it out I didn't see the word press I thought I was looking at shrink wrap on the vtx or something. This thing is pretty nice, wish I could have flown it today.
I'm going flying as soon as the Broncos game is over.