Oct 30, 2016, 05:57 AM
Get RAD! and stay RAD!
How do you get a fly away on a racing drone? It's a basically like a really stable flybarless helicopter with self level.

The worst that can happen is a hold in which case you crash.

There are no GPS, RTH or any other functions like that.

So a fly away is impossible unless you make it fly away yourself.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2016, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camilo echeverry View Post
Great drone just be carefull is flyging away. My friends and my did the samething you can loose your money
Did you guys not set your failsafe? Not sure how you guys had 2 fly away.
Nov 06, 2016, 05:33 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
New member and this is/was his only post ?
H'mmm.............
Nov 09, 2016, 04:21 PM
Gorgeous day in Colorado so I went and did a little flying practice. Starting to feel more confident.
FPV Flying Practice Day 12 (8 min 35 sec)
Nov 09, 2016, 08:01 PM
Get RAD! and stay RAD!
Nice flying man!

Gopro? Which model?
Nov 09, 2016, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans View Post
Nice flying man!

Gopro? Which model?
Thanks. I try to practice as much as I can. I had my Hero 4 Black for this video. Wish they had included straps with the kit. I lost a Hero 4 Silver the third day I was flying this quad because the only strap I had on hand at the time was too big.
Nov 10, 2016, 05:08 AM
Get RAD! and stay RAD!
That's some good flying, i really need to put in proper practice with mine, i can fly around and did some rolls line of sight but haven't got to the point where i'm flying in and around trees yet. And i've been flying a lot longer than 12 days too! haha.

Cool that's what i have, but sometimes my video doesn't look that clean and crisp.
Nov 10, 2016, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans View Post
That's some good flying, i really need to put in proper practice with mine, i can fly around and did some rolls line of sight but haven't got to the point where i'm flying in and around trees yet. And i've been flying a lot longer than 12 days too! haha.

Cool that's what i have, but sometimes my video doesn't look that clean and crisp.
I will always choose manual ISOs based on my light. That video was shot in 1080 60FPS , GoPro color, ProTune on, auto WB, medium sharpness, wide field of view. I render in Sony Vegas 13 using 12 Mbps bit rate. Hope that helps.
Nov 16, 2016, 03:35 PM
Retired USAF, A&P mechanic
I like how the frame can be bought (take note Immersion), but at $100 for just flat plates of carbon? Really, is it worth that much? They do have different color sides, so that cool not stuck with green. Also, I like the price and what looks like almost plug n play of the 4 ESC's for this.
How thick is the hub on the 3 bladed props? Wonder if I can fit them on my Mach 25.
Nov 16, 2016, 04:05 PM
Get RAD! and stay RAD!
Props like Dal props will fit the Mach 25 but you will need to source some lock nuts, and a pair needs to be left hand thread.
Nov 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
Retired USAF, A&P mechanic
Thanks, through a video on the mach I found emax 2205 prop nuts will work. I'm looking to the future in order to maximize my mach 25 components and it would be neat to use them in the Conspiracy. But $100 for the kit....sheesh....
Nov 16, 2016, 05:36 PM
Just some more practice. Feeling better about my flying every day.
FPV Flying Practice Day 13 (6 min 46 sec)
Nov 29, 2016, 05:06 PM
Champagne Supernova
Looks like frame is one piece and it costs 99 bucks so if you break an arm its 99 bucks ?
Nov 29, 2016, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remote_Pilot View Post
Looks like frame is one piece and it costs 99 bucks so if you break an arm its 99 bucks ?
Yup. But I'd love to see you break it on video. I learned to fly on this quad, rate mode from day one. As you'd expect, I crashed it a lot. Only thing I've broke have been the original vtx antenna and the green plastic body, so I got a red one.
Nov 29, 2016, 06:01 PM
Champagne Supernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theibault View Post
Yup. But I'd love to see you break it on video. I learned to fly on this quad, rate mode from day one. As you'd expect, I crashed it a lot. Only thing I've broke have been the original vtx antenna and the green plastic body, so I got a red one.
Nice. It's tempting. Is the PDB built into the frame or separate ?