Sep 16, 2016, 11:51 AM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Discussion

Blade Conspiracy 220

Anyone seen this, http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...basic-blh02000
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2016, 04:16 AM
Get RAD! and stay RAD!
Looks too much like a Neato frames design to me.

Just sayin'
Sep 17, 2016, 12:18 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Yeah...dont think Blade/HH is really dialed into the market for some reason... And they way overprice their stuff.

It looks too much like a $200 Chinese eachine Banggood quad... I guess we will wait and see what folks think.
Last edited by kydawg1; Sep 17, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
Sep 17, 2016, 02:02 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
It looks too much like a $200 Chinese eachine Banggood quad... I guess we will wait and see what folks think.
The difference is that if you have a problem with the eachine banggood quad, you're pretty much screwed. Horizon's support is excellent. It also does appear to be equipped with a proper camera compared to the eachines which are full of crappy cmos.

I think if they can integrate this with their upcoming SMX Quad Race Serial Receiver with Telemetry it will be a great buy.
Last edited by JohnCC; Sep 17, 2016 at 06:59 PM.
Sep 17, 2016, 03:01 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Let us hope.
Sep 17, 2016, 04:25 PM
Get RAD! and stay RAD!
You should try our UK support. It's shocking.

Real shame as i used to absolutely love HH products, but they have really let themselves go, just like that girl i used to know in high school.
Sep 17, 2016, 04:58 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
You should try our UK support. It's shocking.

Real shame as i used to absolutely love HH products, but they have really let themselves go, just like that girl i used to know in high school.

I do read more and more about the support being degraded. Like in this topic, where some avid supporters of HH suddenly got served on a much less friendly tone: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2739635

Apperently customers calling with a legitimate product issue now are in the first place met with a biased attitude that it's more likely a dishonest customer trying to make a false claim, and steering the conversation to that direction from the start, instead of keeping all options open, and that this customer isn't a liar. And when a replacement item is sent, in some cases turns out to be a used and damaged product.
Sep 19, 2016, 02:47 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I do read more and more about the support being degraded. Like in this topic, where some avid supporters of HH suddenly got served on a much less friendly tone: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2739635

Apperently customers calling with a legitimate product issue now are in the first place met with a biased attitude that it's more likely a dishonest customer trying to make a false claim, and steering the conversation to that direction from the start, instead of keeping all options open, and that this customer isn't a liar. And when a replacement item is sent, in some cases turns out to be a used and damaged product.
Yes you are right. I have had the lack of customer service issue multiple times. I am far from a HH Fanboy. Just seems to me on the multirotor front, Horizon/Blade is a follower ( except their ImmersionRC Vortex Pro). I hope this one is the real deal.
Sep 29, 2016, 08:12 PM
Q1. - Full range Spektrum reciever ?

Q2. Integrated OSD ?
Oct 03, 2016, 11:58 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimklein

Q2. Integrated OSD ?
Yep.... would like to know these answers as well.

When someone get this... hopefully, they let us know the details and their impression of the product.
Oct 03, 2016, 10:40 PM
Mine will be in Thursday, I'll be sure to let you know....
Oct 03, 2016, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Yes you are right. I have had the lack of customer service issue multiple times. I am far from a HH Fanboy. Just seems to me on the multirotor front, Horizon/Blade is a follower ( except their ImmersionRC Vortex Pro). I hope this one is the real deal.
I don't know, My 285 Vortex is nice but the Mach25 was/is also a pretty nice bird for an out of the box deal as well. Not cheap I'll agree and heavy but sometimes it's nice to have something which just works out the box without any need to go into cleanflight/openpilot/beta/libre etc etc etc. I've flown the crap out of mine, broken it many times, but I get parts from the local hobby store, put it back together and she flies great.
I have a conspiracy arriving Thursday, I'm REALLY looking forward to it. I like the smaller size compared to the vortex, I like the Naze rev6 and above all, I like the fact I can break it and will be able to get parts the same day.
Horizon is a big company and support can get sketchy as a company grows to that kind of size but to be fair, for every guy whose had a bad experience there are 20 who had a good one. Once you get a guy on the line, normally the outcome is good.
That's why I buy the Inductrix instead of the Banggood copy, an Inductrix FPV instead of a tiny-whoop, a Nano QX2 fpv instead of a hubsan... and so on
Oct 06, 2016, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimklein

Q2. Integrated OSD ?
I got mine today.

Full range Spektrum Rx with diversity.

NO OSD I was really shocked and upset by that.... Nothing onscreen, nada.
Oct 07, 2016, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
I got mine today.

Full range Spektrum Rx with diversity.

NO OSD I was really shocked and upset by that.... Nothing onscreen, nada.
Same boat, well more or less.... the literature for the quad said a few times that it required a 6 channel DSMX capable remote and I wrongfully assumed that my little DX6i would work- I'm still pretty new to the hobby but seeing that it worked with the Mach 25 just fine and the ambiguous "DSMX 6 Channel Transmitter" mumbo jumbo I found myself with a cool looking quad yesterday and no way to control it.

Not blaming HH for upgrading the requirements; just would have been nice if those guys could have said the minimum was a DX6 G2 on up.... would have saved me a bit of frustration.

I emailed them the night before it arrived when I couldn't find the setup info on the PDF Manual and got a fairly short snippy response that I should have known better and so on... oh well.

DX9 coming tomorrow.... I did entertain abandoning HH altogether but I figure ill see how this little guy performs first

-D.
Oct 08, 2016, 05:47 PM
Really considering this as a first race quad..one is in stock a the local hobby shop..There is a fairly large group of local fpv fliers and I get hobby shop support..Anxious to hear some flight reports and reviews