This thread is privately moderated by bluem6, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 14, 2016, 09:45 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Tweety 2.0 - 130mm Build (in progress)

Getting ready to place some components on this tiny "cute" frame lol. The frame is printed from Thingiverse by "bitwise". The frame has another update however my printer heating bed has develop more cracks so no printing until I get it fix.....

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1762763

I want to run 1407 3600KV or 1306 4000KV with either 3S or 4S. The frame is exactly the same as my previous Amarttan MRP 130mm which has been awesome, hopefully will get same performance out of this build as well....can't wait.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2016, 08:42 PM
Thread OP
Update:

Finally got this up and running as a test before taking it to the field and ran into some major problem:

1. DYS 1407 3600KV does not like DYS BLHeli 16A from HK. Getting weird intermittent issue where the motor would stutter and not start up (no matter what BLHeli version I use), swapping them over to ZTW 18A solves the issue.

2. DYS 1407 3600KV ran hot, even on 3S...and of course hotter on 4S (HQ 3x3x3) even though they are rated for it according to the spec. Posted a thread asking if there is an issue or it's just normal with these things...

Between this and my Armattan 130, it's piratically identical in size. It does weight about 10-12g more with the 1407 though.

Flight characteristic so far is pretty good for a 3d printed frame....almost the same as the Armattan 130, although I will know more this weekend when I open it up at the park.

And the 'o' ring from HK work beautiful, one thing to keep in mind is do not over tighten them as it "looses" the affect of the "dampening". Just tighten it enough to let your flight controller rest on it and it is steady as a rock at hover. For $0.42 (for 10) it's not a bad price to include on your next purchase from HK....and no, HK did not pay me to add that in lol.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s-O_Rings.html
Sep 25, 2016, 04:34 AM
Thread OP
Update:

Lemon DSMX strip out of case and BEC insulated.

Also switch over to a different power distribution board I had laying around. This one works better because of the "hole" in the middle letting the BEC to pass thru to the FC.

Had a chance to maiden it outside and I am kinda disappointed in the DYS 1407. It's running really hot on 4S and comparing to the cheaper budget build of the Armattan 130....I like the Armattan a lot more. I would think the 3600kv and bigger motor would give it more thrust but doesn't seem like it. The frame however isn't that bad. Took a fall from about 7ft (leaning acro) and nothing broken other then the props......will put in a few more flights before I can definitely conclude with this build.
Oct 02, 2016, 03:11 AM
Thread OP
Update:

Completed and here's a footage of today's flight.

3D printed 130mm Quad "Tweety 2.0" (4 min 41 sec)
Jan 19, 2017, 01:02 AM
Thread OP
Another update:

I can't get these motors to run without being hot like the dickens. Going to swap these out for some 1306 I have laying around.....such a shame to scrap this build/frame....

Quick Reply