Sep 21, 2016, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
About the brand pronunciation, I suggest call it "wʌn pɑ" instead of "wʌn pi eɪ " as their Chinese brand name is "玩湃"(Wan Pai)
Thanks, I highy appreciate the addvice As a non native English or Chinese speaker it's realy funny to use English to present a Chinese product, I especially like names like "WLtoys" where W is read as a double U in English while in Romanian it's read as a double V

As back to the X2000, beside the maiden flight with one of my quads i also have FPV-latency test on my list.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2016, 05:50 AM
Waiting for the weather to clear up, the installation was extremely easy, the provide cradle even fitted on the quad's insulators. The only thing that I miss is a way to recline the camera a bit without going DIY, but usually i don't fly aggressive so it will not tilt that much
Sep 25, 2016, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techtronic9000
image sensor: Ov4689 - omnivision
firefly q6: Nt96660 + sony imx078
Sep 26, 2016, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.K
firefly q6: Nt96660 + sony imx078
I don't see any advantage for a higher resolution sensor. Videos like full HD only uses 2Mpix, as the CMOS resolution gets higher the light sensitivity suffers. For a drone / quad especially if you want FPV you need better dynamic range and more light sensitivity.

A crude comparison between the IMX078 and the Ov4689
12/4= 3 times more light sensitivity for the Ov4689

The advantage of hi res sensor is only when taking pictures.
Sep 26, 2016, 05:47 AM
And the X2000 goes flying, not ideal conditions as it was late afternoon and it was also cloudy (dark). My mini hex is extremely happy with it due to the reduced weight and definitely likes to stay more time in the air. In the below video although i'm not racing i'm flying full FPV relying on the X2000's video out, as I don't have an additional FPV cam installed.

OnePaa X2000 WiFi FPV AIO Camera with 5.8GHz vTX Docking - Part2 (3 min 44 sec)
Sep 26, 2016, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
I don't see any advantage for a higher resolution sensor. Videos like full HD only uses 2Mpix, as the CMOS resolution gets higher the light sensitivity suffers. For a drone / quad especially if you want FPV you need better dynamic range and more light sensitivity.

A crude comparison between the IMX078 and the Ov4689
12/4= 3 times more light sensitivity for the Ov4689

The advantage of hi res sensor is only when taking pictures.
But why Gopro use a 12Mega pixels SONY sensor too?
Sep 26, 2016, 02:25 PM
Mtz
Mtz
Because of advertising and also GoPro is used a lot to take pictures so more MP are better for pictures. I expect a FPV camera to be used almost only for videos, not pictures, so a 2-4MP sensor could be great for this task.

Unfortunately, for end user, the race for many pixels and wider angles resulted in not clear videos and distorted images.

I have activity in dashcam world and I know most of people want wide angles, the bigger the angle the bigger sales are. But after about 120 degrees it is an disadvantage to have wide angle in dashcam world just because car license plates are less and less visible when angle is bigger and bigger and can be some situations when reading the number plate can save your freedom.
Just look at dashcam youtube videos and count how many videos have the action at the very side of the windshield. Almost none and what is happening in the very side is almost not important for you.

Back to FPV, the wide angle race will result in more and more people requesting this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
I would be interested but like all action cams the lens angle is too wide for me. I like around 90 degrees. Puts things in a better perspective.
In dashcam world this will happen much much later or maybe never, but at least the race for wider lens angle stopped at 180 degrees (even are fake in many situations).

enjoy,
Mtz
Sep 27, 2016, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.K
But why Gopro use a 12Mega pixels SONY sensor too?
The GoPro 4 films REAL 4K so 3840 pixels 2160 lines => 8.3 megapixels, aspect ratio 16:9, it uses a lot more from the 12 Mpix sensor which by the way is a IMX117 not IMX078. Also there is a big difference between the two sensors and the MegaPixel count is the least important fact.

Why is IMX 117 better than IMX 078:
- 35% improvement in color saturation (better image quality)
- 1.8x Faster on light management (Response time in iso change. It is the adaptation in an abrupt change of brightness).
- 35% less power usage (the final product produces less heat and has better battery life).
Sep 29, 2016, 03:39 AM
For anyone interested in the X2000, it can now have it with a 10% discount, using the coupon: "GBCE". The code applies for both the camera and the FXT vTX docking module.
Oct 01, 2016, 03:34 PM
I have flow the X2000 again today in better light conditions and with gyro ON, it really looks good and the "fish eye" effect is minimal:

Flight starts from minute 3
XK A1200 FPV Capable EPO RTF Glider Airplane - Part 2 (13 min 16 sec)
Oct 02, 2016, 12:24 PM
Quote:
I have flow the X2000 again today in better light conditions and with gyro ON, it really looks good and the "fish eye" effect is minimal:

Flight starts from minute 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLTOzvGL7Uc
Camera seems to cope pretty good judging from Youtube, nice colors, balanced exposure (no big fluctuations) and the same goes for the WB. Gyro had quite a bit of work cut out for itself to compensate for your flying but it seems pretty efficient.
Oct 05, 2016, 06:44 AM
Quite surprised not more people are interested in this camera as it seems like a really nice one with a gyro that seems to work pretty good; although the cradle isn't an original find (but still very handy!) the wifi dongle is a smart solution imo. Only thing I'm really missing is some influence on image parameters like contrast, saturation, white balance and sharpness otherwise I might have gotten one already
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Oct 05, 2016 at 06:49 AM.
Oct 05, 2016, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Quite surprised not more people are interested in this camera as it seems like a really nice one with a gyro that seems to work pretty good; although the cradle isn't an original find (but still very handy!) the wifi dongle is a smart solution imo. Only thing I'm really missing is some influence on image parameters like contrast, saturation, white balance and sharpness otherwise I might have gotten one already
The OnePaa is very new to the market so probably didn't have time to sell and create a customer mass as no one heard about this brand. The camera will receive improvements as currently is running v1 firmware (from 24 August).

I'm also preparing another review for a second OnePaa product, this is more general use oriented and aims toward the market made by SJ4000 / 5000 / Git1 cameras.
Oct 05, 2016, 10:37 AM
Quote:
The OnePaa is very new to the market so probably didn't have time to sell and create a customer mass as no one heard about this brand. The camera will receive improvements as currently is running v1 firmware (from 24 August).

I'm also preparing another review for a second OnePaa product, this is more general use oriented and aims toward the market made by SJ4000 / 5000 / Git1 cameras.
I realise they're new on the market, but kinda assumed more people would express some interest in the thread here, especially after your latest videos.

I did notice the SJ4000-like Onepaa offering while looking up the X2000 over at GB Everybody wants a piece of the SJCam market
Oct 05, 2016, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
I did notice the SJ4000-like Onepaa offering while looking up the X2000 over at GB Everybody wants a piece of the SJCam market
http://whois.domaintools.com/onepaa.com - look at the email addresses!

Quick Reply