Onepaa X2000 / Turnigy Eclipse WiFi 2K Action Camera for FPV with PWM control - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 12, 2016, 07:37 AM
Mini-Review

Onepaa X2000 / Turnigy Eclipse WiFi 2K Action Camera for FPV with PWM control

Onepaa X2000 WiFi 2K Action Camera for FPV

Introduction

With the increasing market demand for drones, action camera producers are starting to adapt their line of products to better suit the needs. A camera made for a drone needs to have specific connectivity capability, to be light and also for smaller drones it needs to have a different profile.

The camera that I'm going to discuss in this post is the new ONEPAA X2000, a small format camera that boasts a powerful and well exploited platform comprised of a NTK96660 chipset, a gyro sensor and a hardware capable of direct video output. This configuration will enable it to shoot video in resolutions up to 2K. For very fast actions like drone racing, the camera will do 60 fps at 1080p and 120 fps at 720p, which would enable not only smooth videos but also slow motions of exact moments.

Details

Another novelty of this design is the WiFi connectivity which would enable you to configure the camera on the go using a mobile app or a PC. Before you will say that WiFi and R/C don't mix, you must need to know that ONEPAA has has thought of this detail and came up with a wonderful solution. Instead of turning off the WiFi they put it put on a separate dongle like device which can be plunged when only needed ! This will not only prevent R/C jamming but will also save weight and power !

The X2000 has also other good design features, for example all the connector that are used in flight are positioned on the back, to enable streamline design. Another improvement is the mounting place of the microphone is is also in the back of the camera preventing wind noise this way.

As you can see until now the design looks pretty good, but it still gets better and that is because you can use an optional device cradle named Onepaa FXT that will give the camera direct 5.8 GHz FPV capability. Now you can use the camera to transmit video wireless without needing to choose a vTX module and use all kind of adapter cables, just connect the camera in and you are ready to go racing !

The FXT transmitter KIT has a 600mW power output so you can expect really large signal range and together with the 40 available channels it will ensure that there is no interference from other hobbyist around you. Other massive advantage of the FXT kit is that it also hosts an internal BEC / UBEC or voltage regulator that will take anything from 7 to 20 volts so it will work directly with 2-4S LiPo's. The cradle will also power the camera, not only the vTX so you get the best out of each.

Accessories and complete specifications

The Onepaa X2000 camera budle is very generous and comes with everything needed to do a proper FPV install on a drone or on a racing quad. As you can see in the above picture you will get FPV cables, frame mounts, foam pads, rubber-silicone insulators, eradicated racing camera top-plate and even a lens hood. Along with that you also get a USB cable and a small manual to start with.

Chipset: Novatek 96660
Image sensor: OV4689 - OmniVision
Storage: Max External Card Supported: Micro SD 128G (not included)
Power: Built-in battery, 780mAh capacity
Lens: Wide Angle 145 degrees
Video/Image/Audio: Video format MOV, MP4
Video Resolution: 1080P(30fps), 1080P(60fps), 2K (30fps), 720P (120fps)
Video Output : HDMI and Analog
Image Format : JPG
Audio System: Built-in microphone/speaker (AAC)
WiFi - with dongle key
Ports: Micro HDMI, micro SD, USB 2.0
Product weight: 0.040 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 6.70 x 3.50 x 7.70 cm / 2.64 x 1.38 x 3.03 inches

Package Contents
1 x FPV,
1 x USB Cable,
1 x Plastic Base,
1 x Metal Base,
1 x Screw Mount,
1 x Lens Cover,
3 x Adhesive Pad,
6 x Cushion Rubber,
2 x FPV Cable,
1 x Protective Frame,
1 x Bandage,
1 x WiFi Module,
1 x Chinese / English User Manual

Availability and coupons

FXT Cradle coupon: "OnepaaFXH" final price: 20.99$
OnePaa X2000 coupon: "GBOnepaaX" final price: 59.99$

OnePaa Site
Last edited by TechTronic9000; Oct 06, 2017 at 02:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2016, 07:38 AM
Part one of the review for the OnePaa X2000 camera
- Initial guide, unboxing (accesories presented), FPV FXT cradle setup, full menu walkthrough, WiFi operation and app presentation, FPV operation.

OnePaa X2000 WiFi FPV AIO Camera with 5.8GHz vTX Docking (21 min 43 sec)
Last edited by TechTronic9000; Sep 22, 2016 at 06:59 AM.
Sep 12, 2016, 07:39 AM
And the X2000 goes flying, not ideal conditions as it was late afternoon and it was also cloudy (dark). My mini hex is extremely happy with it due to the reduced weight and definitely likes to stay more time in the air. In the below video although i'm not racing i'm flying full FPV relying on the X2000's video out, as I don't have an additional FPV cam installed.

OnePaa X2000 WiFi FPV AIO Camera with 5.8GHz vTX Docking - Part2 (3 min 44 sec)

MJX Bugs2C GPS Quadcopter with Telemetry - Full Review Part 2 (15 min 56 sec)

Hubsan H501SS with OnePaa X2000 Gyro Stabilized EIS Camera (4 min 8 sec)
Last edited by TechTronic9000; Oct 13, 2017 at 03:53 AM.
Sep 13, 2016, 12:21 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Looking forward to your review atm im set on the firefly q6 ,but 1080p @60 is the main thing im after ( obviously following image clarity ) the 4K just tips the edge so far.
Sep 13, 2016, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Looking forward to your review atm im set on the firefly q6 ,but 1080p @60 is the main thing im after ( obviously following image clarity ) the 4K just tips the edge so far.
The firefly doesn't have 4k, it's interpolated from a lower resolution and only has 24fps at that resolution. The x2000 may have another advantage, only 42 grams. I'll try to prioritize this review.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Sep 13, 2016, 04:01 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Take your time m8 i know you always examine every aspect
Sep 13, 2016, 07:30 PM
No sensor info?
Sep 14, 2016, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
No sensor info?
Currently no, they only listed: "12Mpix" resolution, I will probably take it apart to see if there is any indication on the PCB.
Sep 14, 2016, 09:06 AM
Image sensor: OV4689 - OmniVision
Sep 14, 2016, 06:56 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I would be interested but like all action cams the lens angle is too wide for me. I like around 90 degrees. Puts things in a better perspective.
Sep 15, 2016, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
I would be interested but like all action cams the lens angle is too wide for me. I like around 90 degrees. Puts things in a better perspective.
Yes, for aerial videos a non-fisheye lens is preferred, as for FPV racing fisheye / wide lenses are needed to have better orientation especially when you are tilting a lot
Sep 15, 2016, 02:46 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Yes, to a certain extent. I have done FPV but found the fish eye lenses made it hard to judge distance from trees etc as I found out. Trees were always closer than I thought.
Sep 20, 2016, 07:21 AM
New package has just drooped by my office, looking nice
Sep 21, 2016, 05:47 AM
Post #2 was updated with:
Part one of the review for the OnePaa X2000 camera
- Initial guide, unboxing (accesories presented), FPV FXT cradle setup, full menu walkthrough, WiFi operation and app presentation, FPV operation.

OnePaa X2000 WiFi FPV AIO Camera with 5.8GHz vTX Docking (21 min 43 sec)
Sep 21, 2016, 06:13 AM
About the brand pronunciation, I suggest call it "wʌn pɑ" instead of "wʌn pi eɪ " as their Chinese brand name is "玩湃"(Wan Pai)