Sep 14, 2016, 07:13 PM
and some HBX 41mm shocks http://www.banggood.com/HBX-124-Mini...-p-935344.html

Now some of them have ball caps but I should imagine that is an easy get around by changing the fixing from a screw to a ball. Sorry if that can't be done.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2016, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
yes, eye to eye.

You guys are awesome!
Sep 14, 2016, 08:01 PM
Feel free to post me all the printed parts as a thankyou. I'll PM you my address.

Seriously hope this works out for you, as I said earlier I love seeing people try and make this sort of stuff. I hope the 3d printing is durable enough for its intended use.
Sep 14, 2016, 08:44 PM
Thread OP
I did make a 1/24 scale car, and the ABS filament I use is actually pretty strong... as long as you don't smack a wall at full speed.

Nylon, and Carbon fiber reinforced filaments are available, but expensive.
The next BIG thing won't come from a major corporation, it will come from some guy in his pajamas, with an Idea, and a printer in his basement.

Exciting times!
Sep 14, 2016, 09:28 PM
are you sharing your STLs?
Sep 14, 2016, 09:44 PM
Suspended Account
if this is a printed car just extend the a arms to a size that you can find dogs that fit your needs not try to find ones that dont exist ..
Sep 16, 2016, 05:39 PM
Thread OP
Yes, I plan on sharing the STL files once the car is finished.
However, I've got about 200 hours into modeling/prototyping this thing... some return on investment would be nice.

I'm trying to keep the wheel track to scale, that's why I'm looking for 28mm Db's
If I extend the Arms 5mm, without offsetting the rims, it will extend my track by 10mm(.394in), making the car under steer like mad... and in CAD, it just looks stupid.
My other option is to extend the A-Arms by 5mm, use the 33mm Db's, and off set my rims to keep the same track. but then, I'll have clearance issues with the rear bearing carrier/Upper control link... It's a catch 22.
Sep 16, 2016, 07:00 PM
Suspended Account
ok bad designs or prototypes go that way rework it till you get db that fit..i worked for a proto type design company called vost alpine.. it took them 20+ designs to get the gold filtering accordions drain fitting rite.. work..work work..
Sep 17, 2016, 05:17 PM
head designer at TEAM-D DESIGN
Cool! Whats the wheel base on this thing?
Sep 28, 2016, 02:34 PM
Thread OP
Hello "dogoman".
I just got back from vacation.

The wheel base is 6.5 inches.
The front track is 5.5 inches.
The rear track is 6.0 inches.

It uses the stock Differential/Gears from an ECX 1:24 monster truck.

Currently looking for readily available shocks, and other components for easy assembly.

All chassis parts, and the tires will be 3Dprinted.
Sep 28, 2016, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Bad_Goat
Hello "dogoman".
I just got back from vacation.

The wheel base is 6.5 inches.
The front track is 5.5 inches.
The rear track is 6.0 inches.

It uses the stock Differential/Gears from an ECX 1:24 monster truck.

Currently looking for readily available shocks, and other components for easy assembly.

All chassis parts, and the tires will be 3Dprinted.
Awesome! Will you be giving out the files for this thing(for free) when its finished?
Last edited by dogoman; Sep 28, 2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: I meant to say free of charge
Sep 29, 2016, 07:36 PM
Thread OP
That's the plan... But if I can get some money for the 200(Now closer to 300 hours)I have invested in this project, that would be nice too.
Sep 30, 2016, 09:59 PM
Thread OP
I think I have found an alternative for the rear drive line.

Does anyone know the Pin to Pin length, and the bearing ID(Inside Diameter) for this CV?

Thanks.
Oct 01, 2016, 10:14 PM
Thread OP
Just ordered two different sets of CV axles, two different sets of shocks, and replacement hinge screws.
In a previous post I said "ECX 1/24 monster truck", and I was wrong.

The parts car I used for this project is an "ECX 1/18 SMASH".
You can buy it for around $60.00 or less, on eBay.

You'll use all of the transmission gears... and I'm working on a simple modification for using the stock shocks.

The CV joints I ordered are from a "Kyosho Mini Z", It looks like they will fit.

STAY TUNED!
Oct 01, 2016, 11:00 PM
You're using parts from a discontinued truck?

Quick Reply