Sep 10, 2016, 12:37 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

another crash, another rebuild, some opinions please

crashed my tri-copter today and since I've got it apart I was thinking about changing the FC. this is a David W. type tri that I put together about a year ago and it's running a kk2 board. it's been through several crashes and re-builds. it really hasn't flown right since the last time I had to repair it. now it will just randomly dip and take off on it's own. it's like I'm chasing it with the controls instead of flying it. I've checked all the obvious things like CG, balanced the props, went through the P and I settings and anything else I could think of. I'm wondering if I damaged the kk2 board. I have another new kk2 that I can use but I would really like to try a naze 32 or F3 type FC. my flying skills are better then a beginners but I am far from an expert so I was also wondering if there's a FC out there that might be " user friendly" . tia.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2016, 08:59 AM
I would try the new KK board first to make sure that is actually the problem. Sounds like it is...but at least if you swap to a new board and you're still having issues you know to start looking at ESCs, solder connections, etc.

JMO

Quick Reply