Jan 31, 2017, 01:47 AM
DLG Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Hi Robert, we offer a buy 10 get 1 free discount on our site. Yours, Thomas
Thanks. Does "Buy 10 get one free" mean that you sell a 10-pack for the price of nine, or that purchasers of a 10-pack get an 11th one included for free?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2017, 01:49 AM
Thread OP
Hi Robert, the 11th is free. However only the N and H variants of the V5's have enough stock for that right now, only 9pc of the X08 V5's left (standard tab) in stock.
Feb 04, 2017, 07:27 PM
DLG Fan

X08 Pull-Spring Support

In another forum: Anyone-having-problems-with-MKS-DS-75K-on-pull-string https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...g#post36806894 a user is asking whether or not pull-springs can be used with the subject servo.

May I ask the same question about the X08Ns? tnx RobertR
Feb 04, 2017, 07:36 PM
I doubt there would ever be problem, here in the UK Richard Swindells uses them and he's a strong thrower too, i think Mike Stern might be running them too. If they are good enough for these guys then they are more than enough for me.

I'm not a strong thrower but never had a issue, heck i'm even using a SD100 (D47) on pull spring in my rudderless Blaster 3.5 and that's fine so anything better shouldn't have a issue really.
Feb 04, 2017, 08:49 PM
Using X08v2 on pull springs so strong that they turn the servos after switching off (I know I shouldn't). No problem whatsoever, only a bit noisy.

Philipp
Feb 04, 2017, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
I use 0.5mm springs with a 4cm or 5cm centre leg, the stronger ones will move the servo after power off, never had one burn on me.
Mar 18, 2017, 02:23 PM
Anyone have problems with the V5s jittering? I am at my wits end, trying to troubleshoot a jittering problem for the last 2 weeks. I have 4 x V5's installed in my Flitz 2 with JR Xg14, RG612BX receiver, 1S lipo and JR Vario sensor. These servos were upgraded from the previous servos 2 x AMD DS09s in the wing and 2 x KST X08 V3s in fuse. The same radio setup before with the DS09s didn't exhibit any jittering, just the usual digital servo chatter from all servos.

With the V5s in the wing, the servos jitter and chatter and move the ailerons so much that it is visible. I thought perhaps it was my top drive linkage not being perfectly square so I ripped everything out and re-installed everything as squarely as I could. Still jittering with minute movements. So I detached the control rod at the aileron control horn to see if there were still some unwanted torsional loads or misalignment causing the servos to jitter. Still the same, the servos jitter and chatter unloaded with visible movements...

I've tried removing the Vario sensor from the system as well to see if somehow it was the telemetry causing the jittering but problem persists. The servos all behaved quietly when hooked up to a servo tester. I'm hoping it's not my radio equipment that's causing the jitters.

Very close to giving up and ditching the V5s in the wing and reinstall the DS09s if I can't resolve this jitter problem...
Mar 18, 2017, 03:18 PM
I had jittery wing servos KST X08 v5
I traced it down to a faulty jst crimp on my 1s 1200mah battery pack. Not saying this is your problem but it just goes to show it's not always the servos at fault.
Mar 18, 2017, 03:22 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Try moving your tx away from the plane. Sometimes when everything is close, as on the workbench, my servis chatter.
Latest blog entry: Something old is new again
Mar 18, 2017, 09:14 PM
Thread OP
I'm actually using the exact setup (smaller battery though). I will upload a short video later today I took a week or so ago, with four x08 v5's connected to the RG612BX and XG14, operating at 3.4-3.5 volts, no jittering, it was smooth operation.

I also heard a similar problem of jittery servos with a friend who is using FrSky X4R, I just received mine a few days ago so I will try that too, to see if there is something not compatible with the radio system or whether it is something else causing that.
Mar 18, 2017, 11:29 PM
It's an established fact that JR servo will jitter and react to FrSky telemetry receivers.

Never had a problem with KST though. Haven't installed any V5's yet.
Mar 18, 2017, 11:51 PM
Thread OP
Some of the stuff in the V5's (motor drive and signal) are different than previous versions, I have two on my ailerons in the GO Mini which I'm setting up with FrSky X4R right now with no problems, but the problem I heard before was when all four servos were V5's, so I still need to test that. I have a feeling it might be one of the V5's having an internal problem and drawing too much power affecting the output voltage from the RX.
Mar 19, 2017, 01:50 AM
Ok, here are some more observations of the jittering issue.
Jittering appears when both ailerons are deflected in same direction (slightly or partially), ie in thermal mode (now set about +5mm) or with flaps about 25% to 35% deflected.

I'm thinking if perhaps the wing to fuse connector could be the cause? Could the light gauge servo wires the KSTs come with be a bottle neck to the servos if these servos draw a lot of power?

I am using the 4-pin spring contact connector as supplied with my Flitz 2. The ailerons share the positive and negative termainals on the wing side. On the fuse side, one of the servo connections has the proper 3-wire connection and the second servo connection is just the signal output to the receiver. I'm using the similar light gauge wires (maybe 26 awg) that the KSTs come wired with.

Am I correct in assuming that the OEM wires should be sufficient for the power demands of one servo but maybe insufficient if used to power 2 servos? ie only one set of light gauge wires carrying power from receiver to connector on the fuse side, which needs to feed 2 servos on the wing side.

BTW, tried moving tx away (about 5-6 meters) from plane but jittering persists.
Mar 19, 2017, 02:04 PM
Just tried wrapping the 2 aileron servo leads in the fuselage with a ferrite bead, only reduced the buzzing noise but didn't make the twitching/jittering go away...

Quick Reply