Jan 23, 2017, 09:47 AM
Thread OP
Sorry I was only showing precision since 20 extra degrees is pretty straightforward hahaha... I'll make a video tomorrow though
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2017, 05:58 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I can hardly wait for mine to show up.
Latest blog entry: Something old is new again
Jan 23, 2017, 10:00 PM
Thread OP
Hello, another quick video this time stopping at the ends to show travel difference between the v3 and v5. Specs show no loss of torque, my understanding is gear ratios were not changed and the extra travel is from the programming, I need to confirm this later. I am building my own planes with the v3 with a 1:1.5 ratio and the same ratio is working for me with the v5's, for what it's worth.
KST X08 v3 VS v5 travel (0 min 17 sec)
Jan 27, 2017, 07:36 AM
Thread OP
I just installed two into my new Go Mini, here's a short video that shows the V5's in action. Tons of flaps (ratio is 1:2) and very very precise centering. Wing chord and flap is the same as a regular DLG (around 170mm chord IIRC), so it should be right about what you should get on your installation as well. Servos are brand new, randomly selected from my remaining inventory (I never cherry pick my servos). I don't have much left, so if you need some I would recommend ordering soon. Factory is out of stock on the regular X08 V5's (standard tabs) so after the New Years holidays they'll need to make some more... meaning I probably won't get any more for another 4 weeks or so. H and N's should arrive sooner, maybe in around 2 weeks.

GO Mini servo installation and KST X08 v5 show off (0 min 52 sec)
Jan 27, 2017, 09:10 AM
Aurora Builder
Fantastic centering, that is what I expect out of a quality servo these days. Time will tell on reliability.
Jan 27, 2017, 09:16 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I'd like to see more designs use that kind of 4 in the pod setup.
Jan 27, 2017, 11:27 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
I'd like to see more designs use that kind of 4 in the pod setup.
Most designers who have decent tools at their disposal will resist making a DLG fuselage that large. It's clean and convenient... but not optimal for performance.
Jan 27, 2017, 11:34 AM
Thread OP
We will be using this linkage system on a full size fuselage coming soon, with a slightly more conventional nose to lose some volume and to work with more servos. In the end it depends on what the model is designed for.
Jan 27, 2017, 12:20 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom43004
Most designers who have decent tools at their disposal will resist making a DLG fuselage that large. It's clean and convenient... but not optimal for performance.
Really, the servos are so darn small these days. Also, when was the last time you built a plane that didn't need nose weight after it was done? The only ones I've built that didn't need it had 1200mah round cells in the nose which is basically nose weight because nobody really needs a battery that large. In fact....
Jan 27, 2017, 12:27 PM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
Really, the servos are so darn small these days. Also, when was the last time you built a plane that didn't need nose weight after it was done? The only ones I've built that didn't need it had 1200mah round cells in the nose which is basically nose weight because nobody really needs a battery that large. In fact....
You may have been referencing nose weight in the picture above. I was referencing wetted area. It's huge.
Jan 27, 2017, 12:40 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I knew what you meant. It looks like it's bigger than it needs to be to me. I'd like to see how they did it on the Vibe2. I should go look. I haven't visited that thread in awhile.
Jan 27, 2017, 12:54 PM
Why grow up, it makes no sense

V3 and V5N

Thomas i would like to order 4 x V5N - they look promising
I still have 4 x V3's

So for 2 DLG's that would be best to have the V5's on the ailerons for centering, and the V3's on R/E. Is this reasoning correct?

I also emailed you while you were ill, any chance to have a look at that email and revert back? Thanks
Jan 27, 2017, 01:29 PM
Thread OP
It's quite a bit smaller than a snipe but bigger than a Vibe 2. Go series is meant for value and ease of building, especially to take pressure off the newcomers with as simple layouts as possible. If the goal was a higher performance plane with this linkage, pod will be smaller with a different installation layout.

Back to regular programming.... yes I would definitely use the v3 on the tails in your situation as the v5 will have a bigger performance advantage on wings... pushrod linkage without tension and extra brake travel.
Jan 27, 2017, 01:43 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I've been patiently waiting for the v5's. Is shipping slower than usual right now?
Jan 27, 2017, 01:49 PM
Thread OP
Typically 10-14 days on Registered Airmail, IIRC yours went out around the 10th? Seems a bit slow if it hasn't arrived yet. Holidays here until the 1st so I won't be able to check, I'll make a note to check on it once the post offices are open on the 2nd or 3rd, if it arrives before then then perfect.

Quick Reply