Oct 07, 2019, 12:55 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I not only wouldn’t use an X08 on the flaps of an F5J plane, I won’t even use the more robust MKS 6100 there. I know a lot of guys do but on the flaps of my Xplorer, I’m using MKS 6130’s. I think people chase super light weight a little too much these days. Maybe if I had a special F5J plane for very light conditions I’d try for a super light build but I don’t and I probably never will.
Latest blog entry: Something old is new again
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2019, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
I think a lot of guys are using the KST X10 mini on flaps for their standard and windy layups.
Oct 07, 2019, 04:17 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I just looked up the KST X10. It looks like a good flap servo for an F5J plane.
Latest blog entry: Something old is new again
Nov 17, 2019, 01:04 PM

different travel from neutral

Is there software for setup this servo?
How to reduce the angle of deviation (operating travel) ?
My servos KST X08 V5 have different angles of deviation from the neutral and a total angle of 120 degrees.
PWM signals is well 988-1500-2012uS? and other brand servos work fine.
Nov 18, 2019, 03:29 PM
I know the Inside out.....
I typically programme the zero point and the travel around this point on my transmitter.

- your zero point is moved by changing the ‘off set’. Changing your ‘ off set’ point results in more travel in one direction and less in the other - over the full travel range

- you can limit the the travel range in one or in both directions: this allows you to use full or close to full travel in one direction and limited travel in the other.
Nov 19, 2019, 07:47 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
I use a 19g servo on flaps even in my F3J explorer. I've only had one failure in 5-6 years of flying and I believe that was related to a wiper getting stuck, not aero loads. If you keep your flaps out of the grass and don't do high-speed pulls, I think you're generally good with less servo than you think.

Quick Reply