New Products Flash Sale
Sep 08, 2016, 03:47 PM
Here and there...
New Product

Eachine Tiny QX95

Banggood just released a new Microquad, the QX95.

It uses the same Hardware as the QX90 on a slightly bigger Frame.
The camera was moved to the front, so the props will be out of the way.
There is also a LED Strip at the rear end.

One can also choose between different Receivers: Frsky, Flysky, DSM2, Futaba or none.

Details here:
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Tiny-QX95-95mm-Micro-FPV-LED-Racing-Quadcopter-Based-On-F3-EVO-Brushed-Flight-Controller-p-1085818.html

Last edited by Mephi; Sep 08, 2016 at 04:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2016, 05:13 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Looks good!
Sep 08, 2016, 06:31 PM
For someone with a Devo 7e with the 3n1 module added, the default module antenna looped inside the controller and the one for the other 3 modules out the antenna extension, which receiver would be the best? I am still having a hard time binding it to the Frsky that came with the QX90, so for overall ease, best functionality, range, etc, of these would be the best for my transmitter? I could also add another external antenna and put the stock modules antenna back out.

I think I might be at my limit of allowance for awhile (all the toy quads added up, but not as fast as a QX90, Devo 7e, 3n1 module, FPV goggles, batteries, spare motors, props, etc) and am not sure if it isn't just time to get good with what I got and go big (as in need to register it with the FAA in the USA big) or stick with the smaller ones and hack and build them. This is exactly what I wanted, closer format to the QX80 but larger.
Sep 08, 2016, 08:52 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
have you tried adjusting the freq-fine setting on the 7e frsky protocol bud? the 3in1 and 4in1 crystals are sometimes a little bit off centre so the adjustment is needed. the method to use for doing this is posted here >> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5061
Sep 08, 2016, 09:21 PM
yup, I am doing the high/low game on it. I was told by others the CC2500 chipset used in them is sketchy, and I should have believed it. I just have been fitting it in when I can, writing down what I have tried, both settings.

I have bound it to other protocols on other chips, so I am guessing to stay away from Frsky with my setup if possible, but hopefully I can get it locked in and that it will be the same for all receivers.
Sep 08, 2016, 09:52 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
4 x 8520 Coreless Motor
too bad they didn't opt to include 2 extra motors like the qx90. given the lax QC on these toys, getting 6 means you at least get 4 good, well matched motors, instead of rolling the dice and hoping you get 4 good motors...

most of my returns have been for lazy motors right out of the box.
Sep 09, 2016, 03:34 AM
DSM2 works well with the 7e, it's what I use for all of my small builds.. The range on the Devo is limited without the diode mod but it's just fine for small quads like this.
Sep 09, 2016, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangster View Post
yup, I am doing the high/low game on it. I was told by others the CC2500 chipset used in them is sketchy, and I should have believed it. I just have been fitting it in when I can, writing down what I have tried, both settings.

I have bound it to other protocols on other chips, so I am guessing to stay away from Frsky with my setup if possible, but hopefully I can get it locked in and that it will be the same for all receivers.
it's more the frequency of the crystal they use not the actual cc2500 chip, it's likely a 10% accuracy instead of 1% or something similar. jfip my 4in1 ended up at +40 on freq fine 0 on freq-course, and by reading your post on deviationtx describing the led flashing it sounds like you managed to bind at least once
Sep 09, 2016, 08:19 AM
Just noticed another QX95 thread has been started. Is there any agreement on which ones people should post to, and which ones should be left to fade away?
Sep 09, 2016, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyjpn View Post
Just noticed another QX95 thread has been started. Is there any agreement on which ones people should post to, and which ones should be left to fade away?
Who created the first - stays, who created the same topic afterwards - must fade away
Sep 09, 2016, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis View Post
Who created the first - stays, who created the same topic afterwards - must fade away
OK. I'll re-post here:

Still waiting for my Qx80, but I was hoping that it would have less prop in the camera view. Today, I saw a flight demo and the props were there in the upper half of the image. Maybe the Qx95 will be better. I like the LEDs, too, which I was also going to put on the Qx80. In short, I probably should have waited for the Qx95. Ah well. I'm already starting to plan putting the Qx80 components in a bigger standard frame. Maybe this one:

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E100..._content=sandy
Sep 09, 2016, 11:13 PM
that's exactly what I'm planning to do with my qx90 when it arrives bud, I already have the e100 frame sitting waiting for it to come. like you I want as much of the props out of the camera view as possible. as for status led's I have some of these in my parts box >> http://www.banggood.com/30Pcs-DC-5V-...p-1051631.html and with a little bit of soldering they will work fine with the fcb these have, though the qx95 one will be easier to use if it becomes available as a spare
Sep 09, 2016, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy|Harry View Post
I have some of these in my parts box >> http://www.banggood.com/30Pcs-DC-5V-...p-1051631.html and with a little bit of soldering they will work fine with the fcb these have, though the qx95 one will be easier to use if it becomes available as a spare
How interesting! Can they be split up into individual LEDs or are they all connected in strips of 5?

Dont worry... I've look into these further and seen that they can be split up. Thanks for the tip.
Last edited by eddyjpn; Sep 10, 2016 at 12:09 AM.
Sep 10, 2016, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy|Harry View Post
I already have the e100 frame sitting waiting for it to come.
Just wondering how easy it is to get the 8020 motors into the E100 frame. The comments on the BG page suggest that they have to be attached directly onto the frame (the o-rings are too small).

Is that true? If so, how are you planning to fix on the motors. Hot glue?
Sep 10, 2016, 08:06 AM
i've not actually tried yet bud, but i'll try when i get home and let you know. though if it's a case of the orings being small and not the frame cutout i have some of these in the needed sizes >> http://www.banggood.com/20pcs-Rubber...p-1070122.html but if it's the frame cutout that may be more difficult. though i also have the lantian 105 x frame and the diatone v1 110 h frame if needs be
Last edited by Happy|Harry; Sep 10, 2016 at 08:18 AM.