May 15, 2019, 06:17 AM
OK, I just checked both of mine. When I turn off the Tx of the V761-1, the motor shuts off. If I do the same with the Super Cub 500, it goes full throttle. It doesn't matter what stick input it had. That would be a sure flyaway.

Speaking of flyaway, time your flights with the Super Cub 500. When the battery drops to a certain level, the rudder and elevator lock to neutral, and the motor pulses. It then flies straight and level until it hits something. In fact, it might actually climb slightly. Stick inputs do nothing.

One more thing, the transmitters are not interchangeable between the two planes. I tried to bind them to the other planes, but no luck.

Rick
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2019, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
OK, I just checked both of mine. When I turn off the Tx of the V761-1, the motor shuts off. If I do the same with the Super Cub 500, it goes full throttle. It doesn't matter what stick input it had. That would be a sure flyaway.

Speaking of flyaway, time your flights with the Super Cub 500. When the battery drops to a certain level, the rudder and elevator lock to neutral, and the motor pulses. It then flies straight and level until it hits something. In fact, it might actually climb slightly. Stick inputs do nothing.

One more thing, the transmitters are not interchangeable between the two planes. I tried to bind them to the other planes, but no luck.

Rick
Thanks Rick. Looks like some variability there. My 761-1 came off Ebay.com.au from the cheapest price at the time so who knows what seconds bin it inhabited? Still a ton of fun and so small that long range flying is not an option.
May 15, 2019, 11:06 AM
With my ancient Trainstar mini If I switch off the Tx the motor stops but the stabilisation keeps working and control inputs do nothing. It did that yesterday morning when I was flying.
Into the very gentle breeze naturally. It made a gentle landing with no assistance from me. Embarrassingly it made a better landing than I usually do

I guess there is some variation
May 15, 2019, 09:16 PM
I love the bounceability of EPP especially as a training craft but the videos show a mode 2 model does anybody know if it comes in mode 1....throttle and rudder on RHS and elevator on LHS . Also does the throttle have a ratchet on the stick ?
Neither Banggood nor Volantex answer questions on this subject.
Thanks in advance Quacky
May 16, 2019, 04:58 AM
I've not seen a mode 1 version nor one with a ratchet throttle.
As with most 3 ch planes now the rudder and elevator controls are on the right stick (mode 2)
Jun 08, 2019, 02:53 PM
Does anyone here fly the V761 with a module( Irangx/Jumper/Etc) with the multi protocol firmware on it?

I know its possible , ( I have one and fly with a Taranis and IrangeX module) but I am looking for others who could help us out finding more info to fully implement the control. We specifically need more TX ID's.

We would need anyone who has a multi protocol module and can update it to the latest firmware (and has the original Tx)

BTW fling this on a quality TX is a lot of fun. ( but gyros stay at Midd) still goes crazy with gyro off no matter the TX
Jun 11, 2019, 05:56 AM
I have seen one flown on an old Jumper (the black one) but it had no switching of the stabilising modes. I have no idea which protocol was used though
Many on here will not have experience of the deviation process or even of protocols (it's a toy grade plane after all) so a fuller explanation of what you want and why might elicit more replies and interest.
Just a thought

I've been following the thread on the Deviationtx forum
Jun 18, 2019, 08:21 AM
I have stopped posting on the Deviationtx forum since my jumper grew legs and got appropriated.
So its now the Multi code only.

In short :
Pascal (multi) and Deviationtx make use of specific code (and some reverse engineering) to allow for the control of many models with built in RX's to be controlled by a high quality TX.
Many of these toy models come with rather crap Tx's and can be greatly improved by just changing to a decent radio.
Additionally it allows for a OpenTx or Deviation based transmitters to be compatible with a range of Rx's
I fly all my UMX Spektrum ( DSM2 & DSMX) planes with a Taranis

What we need
To extract the ID that the Transmitter sends
There is currently 3 TX ids available, these are hard coded
If we have more it might be possible to create code that would allow any1 to bind to their V761 . (Not just these 3 ID's)

Tools required
A multi protocol module ( Irange x/ Orange etc) that they can update firmware on (PC with Arduino IDE and a programmer)
And they need to have original TX for V761

Pascal wrote a way for the module to listen and report back

Hope it makes sense
Last edited by Kill Switch; Jun 18, 2019 at 08:36 AM. Reason: details
Jun 18, 2019, 09:04 AM
Does to me.
Unfortunately I have only the original Tx so can't help yet.
There will be some on here with both

Quick Reply