Sep 08, 2016, 11:32 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
New Product

Volantex V761-1 Firstar EPP Mini 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis Gyro Micro RC Airplane RTF - $52

more details: http://www.banggood.com/Volantex-V761-1-Firstar-Mini-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-Gyro-Micro-RC-Airplane-RTF-p-1085528.html

Description:
Brand:Volantex
Item name: Firstar Mini Airplane
Item model:V761-1
Material :EPP
Radio:4 Channel 2.4Ghz
Gyro:6-axis Gyro
Wingspan: 400mm
Item Length: 310mm
Flying Weight: 20g
Servos: 1.3g
Motor: Coreless 8MM
Battery: 3.7V 170mAh
package size: 340MM*359MM*145MM

Features:
-4 Channel and 2.4Ghz Radio is easy and effective to control the airplane
-8MM coreless motors combination,stronger driving power
-EPP composite material, high flexibility, excellent recovery,and not easy to break
-Easy operation,suitable for beginners and intermediate flight game players
-Apply to indoor and outdoor flight, longer remote control distance and 20g flying weight
-Rudder volume size adjustble,and you can do all kinds of difficult movements accurately,such as going forward, up/down, turn left/right, fine tuning, 360-degree rotation,spiral moxement,loops,etc.

Package Included:
1x V761-1 Firstar Mini RC Airplane
1x transmitter
1x USB Cable
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2016, 09:14 PM
That looks interesting, and I'd love to try one out. It might make a good trainer for the neighborhood kids. They're flying an Inum and a Vapor right now. I have to question the flying weight, though. Is it really only 20g? That seems very light for a four channel EPP plane with a 170mAH battery. Time will tell.

Rick
Oct 02, 2016, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
That looks interesting, and I'd love to try one out. It might make a good trainer for the neighborhood kids. They're flying an Inum and a Vapor right now. I have to question the flying weight, though. Is it really only 20g? That seems very light for a four channel EPP plane with a 170mAH battery. Time will tell.

Rick
Its not true, more like 30g, wich still is ok, but why even lie in the specs, people will find out...
This reveiwer says 30g, and bullsh*t quality...

Volantex mini TRAINSTAR (v761-1 Firster Mini ?) Review 日本語レビュー (6 min 31 sec)

Is anyone buying the claimed flight time, 25 min?

Jimjim
Oct 02, 2016, 05:38 PM
Maybe a vapor could get 25 minutes on that battery, but not this little thing. ...especially with the gyros fighting for level flight.

I'm thinking this would be a fun plane for me, but probably not for the price.

Rick
Oct 03, 2016, 11:46 AM
I am glad that I purchased a Parkzone UM J-3 Cub as a trainer that was designed and built properly instead of this Banggood junk.
Oct 03, 2016, 12:34 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
I am glad that I purchased a Parkzone UM J-3 Cub as a trainer that was designed and built properly instead of this Banggood junk.
Horizon's had its share of issues with UMX planes. Especially in the electronics department. Check the UMX F-16 and B-25 threads if you need examples. The fact is the electronics in the UMX planes and those in this 'Banggood junk' are probably made in the same factory...
Last edited by Rampage; Oct 03, 2016 at 12:50 PM.
Feb 12, 2017, 10:59 AM

Volantex V761 Trainstar Easiest RC Airplane

This cheap automatically stabilized RC airplane is a true joy to fly, even on a slightly breezy day. I only conduct second reviews of aircraft that really impress me. You can buy it here

and here are two flight demonstrations of it

15 1/2 minutes flight time on a 180mah battery! Probably could get a lot longer flight time at lower power settings.
Volantex V761 Beginners Stabilized RC Trainer Airplane Flight Test Review (20 min 29 sec)

Flying in light wind
Volantex V761 Trainstar Easiest RC Airplane (11 min 16 sec)

Pros
- The perfect beginners airplane. Stabilization system works very well in preventing crashes.
- Fantastic flight time of over 15 1/2 minutes from a single 3.7V 180mah battery flying with power. Could probably fly it even longer at lower power settings.
- Easy to fly through simple three axis control of throttle, elevator, and rudder.
- Has three selectable flight modes.
* Fully stabilized (won't pitch or roll more than about 30 degrees),
* Partially stabilized (won't roll more than 30 degrees, but pitch is unlimited to allow loops), and
* Non stabilized (full manual control).
- It's cheap for a fully stabilized RC aircraft.
- Although advertised as an indoor aircraft, its stabilization works very well when flying in the wind preventing buffeting and flips. It's ability in wind is only limited by the forward speed of the aircraft. If it starts flying backwards, then it's too windy ;-).
- Does not require FAA registration.

Cons
- Uses common 3.7V 180mah battery, but with micro Losi connector. Batteries of this size are widely available with JST-MCPX connector, but are much harder to find with micro Losi.
- Brushed motor. The long non-stop flight times of this airplane may be detrimental to motor longevity. Might be a good idea to land at 7 minutes to cool down the motor a bit before finishing the battery.
Last edited by t00nz843z; Feb 12, 2017 at 11:05 AM.
Feb 12, 2017, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the reviews! I wasn't sure about these, but now I'm convinced. I use Hobbyzone Duets to train the neighborhood kids, but this would be much better. I definitely need one or three.

Rick
Feb 12, 2017, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the reviews! I wasn't sure about these, but now I'm convinced. I use Hobbyzone Duets to train the neighborhood kids, but this would be much better. I definitely need one or three.

Rick
If you get this, make sure to see my second "con". Would recommend giving the motor a cool down period halfway through the flight to improve its motor longevity. Flying non-stop for its max flight time can't be good for that tiny brushed motor.
Feb 12, 2017, 02:12 PM
I would convert the connectors and use my 130mAH cells. That would knock the flight time down.

Rick
Feb 12, 2017, 03:01 PM
Crazy Canuck
-Rudder volume size adjustble,and you can do all kinds of difficult movements accurately,such as going forward, up/down, turn left/right, fine tuning, 360-degree rotation,spiral moxement,loops,etc.
Wonder who did grammar check here.
But what got me was this little bit "you can do all kinds of difficult movements accurately,such as going forward", But I wanted one that has the ability to go backwards.....as forward sounds like a difficult movement......Rudder volume size adjustble ???
sounds like a real Hi Tech airplane. LOL
Mar 24, 2017, 02:09 PM
I got my first 2 two real flights in with this today. Pootling around at less than half throttle in the 2nd level of stabilisation got me 16 minutes of flight in a light breeze (3-4mph) and I was even confident enough to loop it once.
During the 2nd flight the wind had picked up to about 6/7mph and it coped well with that but once the gust reached 9mph it slowed down significantly. But it was still stable and diving at full throttle got it down to a level where I could land it safely with no tears or damage. Considering how light it is (about 36g) it was quite impressive.
Especially when you consider that the only other plane I've flown recently (last 40years) is a FX805.
It's pretty twitchy completely unstabilised in a breeze and whilst it will take off in short grass I haven't yet managed to avoid a gentle nose tip landing in the same.
But then again my flying field has been used by horses all winter so is a bit 'uneven'.
When I get a new battery for my headcam (faithful mobius 1 )I'll put some video up if anyone is interested.
Mar 24, 2017, 02:11 PM
You can get more throw on rudders/elevators by changing the positions of the rods on the horns but I haven't needed to yet. I may even reduce the rudder throw but I want more flights in first to see if it really needs it

edited to add
It appears to have been designed as a 4 channel as there are cut-outs/indents in the wings for either horns or small servos for aileron control
Last edited by Didactylos4; Mar 24, 2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: additional data
Mar 24, 2017, 05:50 PM
I'm glad it could handle the wind. I still haven't bought one yet, but soon...

Yes, I'd love to see your video of it!

Rick
Mar 28, 2017, 07:15 AM
Quote:
I would convert the connectors and use my 130mAH cells. That would knock the flight time down.

Rick
In reality that is going to be the problem with this plane for me. The stock battery doesn't appear on any listing I've found and the exposed wires (to the losi connector) are very short so simply changing the connector would be difficult without cutting into the foam body to get some slack.
The best answer would be to find a short adapter cable for eflight type batteries (which just about fit) but I haven't yet found one. or to make one myself.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Still waiting for a battery for my mobius

Quick Reply