Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: How much do you spend annually on your RC cars and trucks?
less than $100 3 18.75%
$100-$250 4 25.00%
$250-$500 0 0%
$500-$1,000 3 18.75%
more than $1,000 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Sep 07, 2016, 07:04 PM
Destructive testing engineer
Thread OP
Poll

How much do you spend annually on your RC cars and trucks?

I have to make a presentation regarding hobbyist annually spending. Please take time to vote for the approximated dollar range. Thank you for your data.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2016, 09:49 PM
During the first year or two it was closer to a grand a year. With a steady stable that I'm happy with and I'm finished modding, it's now much less (I chose less than $100).
Sep 08, 2016, 12:52 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
When building up a collection, it was more, especially since vintage stuff, or the better quality cars, aren't cheap. But now that most is up and running, it's just a couple of tires, a new battery, not that big expenses.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 08, 2016, 01:31 AM
As above ,at first it expensive but once you have radio gear ,battery's , chargers and of course car/cars then its much cheaper ,still more than the wife should know though !
Sep 08, 2016, 02:18 AM
New to the hobby so collecting cars at the moment, I'm on the higher end.
Sep 08, 2016, 08:43 AM
Did I make the A Main?
I'm an avid club level racer and I have a monthly budget of $350/mo which goes toward race fees, tires, travel expenses, and everything else with the hobby on occasion I'll go a little over my budget as I get residual income from my YouTube channel and bithday/Christmas cash presents... so put me somewhere around $5,000/year

There are roughly 40-50 other local racers in my area who also follow a similar R/C budget, some spend a little more or less with my estimated range between $2,000 to $10,000/year for a typical club racer.
Sep 08, 2016, 10:11 AM
User Registered
After initial start up of RC collection...maintenance is generally my only cost nowadays. Mostly bearings ($50~$90 a year) and tires ($150 ~ $250 a year) are in my "shopping carts" when placing monthly orders. At the moment I'm a parts hoarder for some of the RCs that I have, and because they are on manufacturers "discontinued" page, I feel compelled to get parts while they are at cheap/normal prices yet .
Sep 08, 2016, 12:55 PM
Low budget fun
Let me check and convert a bit, most of my stuffs came from Japan. I remember last year was about 20,000 JYP.

Edit: Yep, it was 19,xxx JYP.
But this year I changed the type of car so everything changes, car, spare parts and shops. So far it's about 120 USD so I believe I spend 100-200 USD a year in this hobby. This is just for bashing because I remember back in the day when I was racing it was much, much more than this.
Sep 08, 2016, 01:08 PM
Born again RC'er
This past year was my "Re-Startup" in RC, so I had to spend more than just a 'running' year. Plus I tent to shoe-string where I can. This year, I am probably+$1500, having bought a Torment BL, 1/8 truggy, 1/8 buggy, 1/16 sct, lots of mods on he 1/16 sct, lots of batteries, a few chargers, two radio systems, plus tires tools and other consumables.

Looking forward to the next year, I am thinking I may only buy one or two more RC's ($500?) a few more batteries, and another charger. Plus spares for all the stuff I already have.

You can have a lot of fun in this hobby on $500/yr or less, if you are willing to only run one car, with not too many extras. And no racing. I hate to think how much my racing buddies spend, although Bill hit that one pretty good.

Also, don't ask how much I spend on fishing gear. Shhhh,,,,,

Quick Reply