Apr 20, 2017, 02:10 PM
Thread OP
sorry it's so.... we are fully committed to getting Stryder Geo perfected.

We will use all we have learned in creating Stryder Geo to make other cool products for professional surveyors....

thanks all for your patience and support, keep flying safe.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
Hi Squawk thanks for checking in.

With the advent of some other competitors knocking at our door like the Emlid single frequency setup linked below we have had to re-think OBS.

While OBS would be superior in many ways (dual frequency etc.) people today are just looking at bottom line price so we re-thinking.

Currently we are in full testing mode of Stryder Geo and thus 100% of our focus is there for financial and manpower reasons.

http://www.robotshop.com/ca/en/emlid...rX4aAnXO8P8HAQ
I think people who purchase toy drones might be price sensitive but anyone serious about collecting good quality data are a lot more concerned about repeatability, accuracy and workflow then price.

There are several solutions out there that are $50K+ and civil engineers are ready to pay that because for them if you can't certify the data then there's no point in doing the survey and those more expensive solutions use the necessary equipment to account for the motion of the drone.

I thought your OBS concept was a good one, sorry to hear its taking a back seat to manufacturing a quad.
Apr 21, 2017, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Av8, it is taking a back seat to the Geo quad which will contain simlar hardware to the OBS unit except we can change gps receivers to cheaper ones for when you are not flying.

So what we learn and create on the quad / octo will spill over into a better ground survey product in the end.
Apr 21, 2017, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Hi Squawk thanks for checking in.

With the advent of some other competitors knocking at our door like the Emlid single frequency setup linked below we have had to re-think OBS.

While OBS would be superior in many ways (dual frequency etc.) people today are just looking at bottom line price so we re-thinking.

Currently we are in full testing mode of Stryder Geo and thus 100% of our focus is there for financial and manpower reasons.

http://www.robotshop.com/ca/en/emlid...rX4aAnXO8P8HAQ
Thanks for the link, although I think when making such purchase, I prefer your OBS..
I do hope you guys won't put it to sleep for good..
Apr 27, 2017, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Thanks Av8, it is taking a back seat to the Geo quad which will contain simlar hardware to the OBS unit except we can change gps receivers to cheaper ones for when you are not flying.

So what we learn and create on the quad / octo will spill over into a better ground survey product in the end.
We will stay tuned for that, plz keep us updated!
Jul 14, 2017, 10:24 AM
Any news or updates by chance?
Jul 14, 2017, 01:23 PM
Thread OP
Hi everyone we have been working hard testing and improving the Stryder Geo drone....

I think that the Emild Reach system may have killed OBS as it's very affordable and already available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbaldy
Any news or updates by chance?
Jul 17, 2017, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Hi everyone we have been working hard testing and improving the Stryder Geo drone....

I think that the Emild Reach system may have killed OBS as it's very affordable and already available.
That's too bad! Really liked what you guys were putting together!
Jul 17, 2017, 05:28 PM
Thread OP
Yes us too, it was really cool but people want to pay nothing because they are used to cheap Chinese prices.

Therefore, they are willing to use single frequency receivers. Single freq RTK is pennies compared to Pro grade dual freq survey gear.

If there is a demand we may look at it again but it's tough to compete with the Reach system if it works for people.

It does boggle my mind why anyone would use propeller targets though. So many limitations to them when you compare them to Reach or OBS concepts.
Jul 22, 2017, 05:40 AM
are obs still continued i was interested in obs
Jul 22, 2017, 05:43 AM

are obs still continued i was interested in obs

Quote:
reserved for requests and suggestions
are obs still continued i was interested in obs please reply Trims
Jul 22, 2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBugz
are obs still continued i was interested in obs please reply Trims
You only need to read back a few posts to find the answer.
Jul 22, 2017, 11:02 PM
Thread OP
Sorry guys yes, OBS is on hold and likely dead. Unfortunate for us as we spent a lot of time on it but if the Reach RTK works well then I think this is a good way to go for placing GCP

We are now fully focused on making Stryder Geo the most accurate surveying drone out there (without GCP).
Jul 26, 2017, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Sorry guys yes, OBS is on hold and likely dead. Unfortunate for us as we spent a lot of time on it but if the Reach RTK works well then I think this is a good way to go for placing GCP

We are now fully focused on making Stryder Geo the most accurate surveying drone out there (without GCP).
Sorry to hear this man. Yup really tough to compete on pricing.

Al
Mar 22, 2018, 01:11 PM
Hello Saabguyspg,

With the new season about to start, we were wondering if you have an OBS type system ready for sale.
We have trouble recording M600 A3 FC GPS logging based on camera triggering and even if we got that to work, the acuracy is limited.

We're looking for an OBS like you originally proposed.

Has there been any development?

Cheers,

Koen

Quick Reply