This thread is privately moderated by blckmn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 11, 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckmn
The 722 and 723 are the only choices for the 64pin package. To go 1024K flash needs the 746 or 756 in either the fine pitch BGA (which aren't really user serviceable) or a LQFP100.

I did have a quantity of the BlueJayF7 (the precursor to the NERO) made and tested using the 746. It is a huge chip, as you can see.

Attachment 9772041
I have right now in my hands a f767ZIT6, its a 2MB flash one, on LQFP144 : thats a square of side 2cm. I belive it should fit in our 36mm FC without problem?
BGA, less user serviceable? Who will come and tinker solder made in reflow oven, I don't get it.
Was the f746 on the bluejay f7 the reason why you skipped to Nero?

One more, unrelated, concern : is there a huge capacitor on the back to accomodate direct 6S power? Can add an extra no problem, just to know.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2017, 05:51 PM
I'm in - just ordered one to go!
Feb 14, 2017, 07:08 AM
Order 1 too...
Feb 18, 2017, 06:46 AM
ordered another one, just to make sure this project is backed 100% :-)

1 is silver, 2 is gold, anyway ;-)
Feb 18, 2017, 10:00 AM
Any idea when these will ship?

Wanted to do another build soon.
Feb 18, 2017, 08:00 PM
Team Shendrones
I am having fun with the BlueJay F4 rev3 while waiting for my Neros, it sure flies great!
(2 min 42 sec)
Feb 21, 2017, 07:59 PM
Is it 500ma max of the nero F7 onboard polulu to get 5v from vbat lipo?
Feb 22, 2017, 02:51 AM
Did you see that....
Thread OP
It'll be whatever the Pololu will deliver. We will be releasing a 2A piggy back board shortly.

You don't need a pololu to get vbat. You can just connect vbat to the 3-6s input.
Latest blog entry: NERO - STM32F7 based FC
Feb 22, 2017, 05:35 AM
Hi Jason.

Will you release the mini version of the Nero at the same time or will you do it later?
Pre ordered one already but i am very exited about the mini verion also
Feb 22, 2017, 09:42 AM
Feb 22, 2017, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckmn
It'll be whatever the Pololu will deliver. We will be releasing a 2A piggy back board shortly.

You don't need a pololu to get vbat. You can just connect vbat to the 3-6s input.
Can the nero handle more then 5V input such as 7V or 9V input? Then you could directly connect most Vtx that require 7V+ directly to the output, instead of having a 5V and 12V pdb like most people have. I assume the micro, sdcard is already stepped down to 3.3V. If everything else you have connected on the "5V" line could handle more then 5V then you should be OK? The x4r/xsr can handle up to 10V it looks like.

https://www.pololu.com/product/2845
Feb 22, 2017, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycej
Can the nero handle more then 5V input such as 7V or 9V input? Then you could directly connect most Vtx that require 7V+ directly to the output, instead of having a 5V and 12V pdb like most people have. I assume the micro, sdcard is already stepped down to 3.3V. If everything else you have connected on the "5V" line could handle more then 5V then you should be OK? The x4r/xsr can handle up to 10V it looks like.

Yes, it can handle up to a 6S LiPo directly. It just doesn't have a Vreg to power your auxiliaries. Instead it has a region on the board to safely nestle any pololu regulator your heart desires, which is actually much better than an internal Vreg imo. Much much better actually.
Feb 22, 2017, 01:07 PM
Did you see that....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycej

Yes the LDOs for 3v3 are rated for input above 12v. So technically yes if you want to run yours at 7-9v it'd work fine.
Feb 22, 2017, 01:09 PM
Did you see that....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdboy
Hi Jason.

Will you release the mini version of the Nero at the same time or will you do it later?
Pre ordered one already but i am very exited about the mini verion also
It'll be about 2 weeks after. I've yet to finalise the design on the mini.
Feb 22, 2017, 05:12 PM
That is great news
Will you also allow preorders for the mini?

Quick Reply