This thread is privately moderated by blckmn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 03, 2017, 04:03 PM
Saved By The Lost Model Buzzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckmn
NERO is now available for pre-order at nerofc.com

Please note you are pre-ordering to help me bring this to market. I am absolutely uncertain as to the date at which broad availability of the STM32F722 chips will be. It is slated for this quarter - but there are no guarantees. Once it is available, the boards will be about 2 weeks to manufacture and test - with shipping immediately thereafter.
Can you talk a little about the choice of gyro for this board? It seems like most of the empirical evidence points to the mpu6000 as being the best performing gyro for multirotors that is currently available.

Is there some aspect of the F7 or future betaflight development that can bring this gyro up to parity with the mpu6000?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2017, 04:15 PM
Did you see that....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru
Cool, I just placed an order. Looking forward to the results
Quote:
Originally Posted by velez
Ordered 1. Good luck with these!
Thanks I'm excited by this chip.
Latest blog entry: NERO - STM32F7 based FC
Feb 03, 2017, 04:18 PM
Did you see that....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Slater
Can you talk a little about the choice of gyro for this board? It seems like most of the empirical evidence points to the mpu6000 as being the best performing gyro for multirotors that is currently available.

Is there some aspect of the F7 or future betaflight development that can bring this gyro up to parity with the mpu6000?
I've gone with it as the BlueJay used it (and the 08) quite successfully. Making two variants to give consumers a choice won't be an issue.
Feb 05, 2017, 06:42 AM
Team Shendrones
I got really excited about the Mini variant as I am building a Hedwig soon. When can I order it?

Also, what is the key difference between the 08 and 02 gyro? I got the 08 on my rev 3 BJ.

Any ideas regarding a strong 20x20 pdb? The 4in1 and 2in1 esc wont work, I need esc on arms that take more amps.

Final question, whats your take on Piko BLX way of doing things? A 20x20 with built in pdb seems really convenient.
Feb 06, 2017, 06:51 PM
Quadaholic
Any renderings/pictures of the F7 top and bottom? I am all for though holes, much more robust.
Feb 09, 2017, 01:19 AM
About to preorder a few. Very excited by this. This is betaflight capable but will this also work on race flight? (I don't use it yet, but drinking the koolaid on the rcgroups thread).

Btw, great work!
Feb 09, 2017, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiii
About to preorder a few. Very excited by this. This is betaflight capable but will this also work on race flight? (I don't use it yet, but drinking the koolaid on the rcgroups thread).

Btw, great work!
The BetaFlight Koolaid has electrolytes though man, electrolytes!
Feb 09, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AILERON8
The BetaFlight Koolaid has electrolytes though man, electrolytes!
Oh man, I LOL!
Feb 09, 2017, 03:01 PM
Saved By The Lost Model Buzzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileron8
the betaflight koolaid has electrolytes though man, electrolytes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noguru
oh man, i lol! :d
its what your copter craves!
Feb 10, 2017, 03:27 PM
Jokes aside folks, I ordered 4, and am quite curious about what other firmware I'd be able to use. Im a betaflight person now, but inav sounds like a fun build and raceflight has the hype - having the option would be fun.
Last edited by aliiii; Feb 10, 2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo
Feb 10, 2017, 05:51 PM
Hey,
I am willing to support the job you did in Betaflight and INav,
Considering seriously to order you one, but disappointed in your 722 choice. I just see it as the low-end of the f7 spectrum, 512K flash! I do not get it.
Feb 10, 2017, 07:11 PM
Did you see that....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
Any renderings/pictures of the F7 top and bottom? I am all for though holes, much more robust.
Here is what the NERO will be.
Name: nero-rev1-connection.png
Views: 117
Size: 709.2 KB
Description:
Feb 10, 2017, 07:18 PM
Did you see that....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxzor
Hey,
I am willing to support the job you did in Betaflight and INav,
Considering seriously to order you one, but disappointed in your 722 choice. I just see it as the low-end of the f7 spectrum, 512K flash! I do not get it.
The 722 and 723 are the only choices for the 64pin package. To go 1024K flash needs the 746 or 756 in either the fine pitch BGA (which aren't really user serviceable) or a LQFP100.

I did have a quantity of the BlueJayF7 (the precursor to the NERO) made and tested using the 746. It is a huge chip, as you can see.

Name: BlueJayF7-top.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 392.8 KB
Description:
Feb 10, 2017, 07:22 PM
Did you see that....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiii
Jokes aside folks, I ordered 4, and am quite curious about what other firmware I'd be able to use. Im a betaflight person now, but inav sounds like a fun build and raceflight has the hype - having the option would be fun.
Thanks for the support. Betaflight will definitely support it, I'll work with the iNav team - and so am sure it will be supported there too.
Feb 11, 2017, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckmn
The 722 and 723 are the only choices for the 64pin package. To go 1024K flash needs the 746 or 756 in either the fine pitch BGA (which aren't really user serviceable) or a LQFP100.

I did have a quantity of the BlueJayF7 (the precursor to the NERO) made and tested using the 746. It is a huge chip, as you can see.

Attachment 9772041
Wow! At first glance I thought this was a 22x22 FC, very cool indeed.

Quick Reply