This thread is privately moderated by blckmn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 16, 2017, 05:55 PM
Did you see that....
Mark my words here I think the STM32F722 will be the next gold standard - you heard it here first folks
Last edited by blckmn; Jan 16, 2017 at 06:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2017, 06:30 PM
Rgietsered Uesr
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckmn
Mark my words here I think the STM32F722 will be the next gold standard - you heard it here first folks
What package did you choose?

I read about your SPIshot, any updates on that?
Jan 16, 2017, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Nice! Very much looking forward to this flight controller.
Jan 17, 2017, 02:29 AM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by velez
What package did you choose?

LQFP64 I guess... pretty big but what can you do. Unless you're going for BGA there is no other choice.
Jan 17, 2017, 03:04 AM

Future

First become standart FC with BEC 12/5V.

and second will be FC + reciever.

Remember my words. ,-)
Jan 17, 2017, 06:25 AM
Team Shendrones
Nero F7 paired with Kiss24 or future 32 bit blheli_s esc and we can do 32/32/32 on dshot 1200, that would be cool! I also like integration though, please make a Kombini version of it, but do toss in a SPI osd for good measure

Any word on availability of the NERO? I think it will be a great board with all the learnings from the BJF4Rev 3 as a base paired with all the great work you do as part of the BF dev team.
Jan 17, 2017, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Yeah I think so too! I've been trying to get some samples but ST doesn't have any for me. Might have to use my corporate email address where I am contracting right now.

Did you get any samples of the 722 yet??
Jan 22, 2017, 05:32 PM

new mpu

Is the ICM-20602 MPU immune to mid throttle vibrations that are affecting the 6500 and 9250?
Jan 22, 2017, 05:50 PM
This is something I've been mulling around lately. Mind you, I am not a developer nor have the slightest shred of knowledge pertaining to the software or the hardware involved in creating a flight controller. I'm just a lowly hobbiest with a hope and a dream.

That said, in addition to the 32/32/32 LT's, DShot1200, and SPI OSD I would love a FC that had fully assignable auxiliaries, inputs & outputs, e.g., any output pin could be assigned to any output function and any input pin could be assigned to any input function. The same for auxiliaries like BB, LEDs, RSSI, Buzzer, VBat, etc. Then utilizing the Resource command and some pre-canned copy/paste code, the user could configure the FC howevever they wish. Perhaps even some GUI additions setup like the assignable LEDs tab in BF configurator in the future to make things really simple. I don't know if something like this is even possible or if separating ins & outs would be necessary(even better if all pins were assignable to anything) but a Fully configurable FC would be awesome imho.

Here's a little drawing of the concept. Please pay no attention to the F4 processor. I made this drawing a while ago. lol
Jan 29, 2017, 12:25 PM
Would it be sensible to label the pads on the silk screen to match their pin out/DMA channel so resources command makes a lot more sense?
It would be simple to keep a little matrix of what channel can be used for what
Last edited by Cheredanine; Jan 29, 2017 at 06:02 PM.
Jan 29, 2017, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheredanine
Would it be sensible to label the pads on the silk screen to match their pin out/DNA channel so resources command makes a lot more sense?
It would be simple to keep a little matrix of what channel can be used for what
great idea! Heck, I'd like to see that on Any FC. Good aftermarket concept: like a little temporary tattoo or heat resistant sticker for all the popular FC boards out there and their respective pinout/DNA channels. lol
Jan 29, 2017, 05:40 PM
Just map as needed. Great idea
Feb 03, 2017, 03:40 PM
Did you see that....
NERO is now available for pre-order at nerofc.com

Please note you are pre-ordering to help me bring this to market. I am absolutely uncertain as to the date at which broad availability of the STM32F722 chips will be. It is slated for this quarter - but there are no guarantees. Once it is available, the boards will be about 2 weeks to manufacture and test - with shipping immediately thereafter.
Latest blog entry: NERO - STM32F7 based FC
Feb 03, 2017, 03:49 PM
Quote:
NERO is now available for pre-order at nerofc.com

Please note you are pre-ordering to help me bring this to market. I am absolutely uncertain as to the date at which broad availability of the STM32F722 chips will be. It is slated for this quarter - but there are no guarantees. Once it is available, the boards will be about 2 weeks to manufacture and test - with shipping immediately thereafter.
Cool, I just placed an order. Looking forward to the results
Feb 03, 2017, 03:55 PM
Rgietsered Uesr
Ordered 1. Good luck with these!

Quick Reply