This thread is privately moderated by blckmn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 03, 2017, 07:26 PM
FWIW DSHOT is working finally for me on the latest 3.3 build, although it brought mid throttle oscillations with it.
Changing back to multishot eliminated them

Blackbox only seems to log for me @ 16k/4k on 3.2.x and 3.3. No other combinations give me full logs.
The spectrum analyzer only goes to 124hz @16k..kind of annoying.

All in all 3.3 is flying VERY well for me

Thanks to the contributors!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2017, 01:18 AM
I have a slight issue with mine. Everything seems to be fine, but I cannot power the board with USB. I plugged it in twice and both time got red lights and a muffled start-up tone. I now get nothing at all. Maybe there attached beeper caused the problem (drawing too much current through the usb port), but now I have to have a lipo plugged in to use betaflight.

I have everything configured, but not finished the build. Any advice on setting up the ports tab? I will be using a frsky xsr.
Dec 30, 2017, 07:48 PM
Update... SBUS on UART 6 and Smartport on UART 1. UART 3 TX did not work for smartport. Maybe I can use it for smartaudio.
Jan 31, 2018, 05:19 PM
So far I like this controller. LEDs work. Ublox GPS on betaflight works. Its very fast. Cheap to buy in the UK. Solid solder connections.

Feb 05, 2018, 04:19 PM

I2C BMP280 Barometric support

Hi all, I've hooked up a BMP280 to the I2C port. It is hard linked to default address and I2C interface selected. I've enabled Barometer in the Betaflight setup but no joy. Checked the voltages on the BMP and they are all correct.

From the listings I've seen on GITHUB, I think the board supports this sensor, what else do I need to do?

Feb 10, 2018, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckmn
You can. A daughter board will be available to do so.
I've connected a pressure transmitter to the i2c header but betaflight does not recognise it. Any setup tips or adjustments I should make?
Feb 10, 2018, 04:05 PM
My chip also has SPI, but I haven't tried that yet. Fiddly soldering so it would be nice to know if either is supported first

I just found the issues section on betaflight at github. Wow. A lot of development and a lot of correspondence. So therefore no panic here about my barometer...... the next release of betaflight is due soon too.
Last edited by dogshome; Feb 11, 2018 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Github
Feb 11, 2018, 03:05 AM
Has anyone try soft serial yet? I'm hooking up wraith32 esc, but I've got frsky with s.port and using smart audio with my unify, so needless to say, I'm strapped for uart, thinking of running esc telemetry uart3 and soft serial my s.port, although everything was working the way it is with super racerbee esc, so maybe soft the esc telem? Anyone got a recommendation?
Feb 12, 2018, 08:23 PM
Anyone else having issues with blackbox logs @ 8k gyro loop? 16k/4k works fine but anything with 8k gyro won't open in blackbox explorer
Feb 13, 2018, 02:13 AM
Smart Audio actually works on UART3 and Telemetry on UART6. This board is pretty sweet aside from burning the traces when I plugged it in on USB for the first time. Maybe because a beeper was attached?
Feb 17, 2018, 11:35 AM

Minim OSD on UART1 :-(

Don't connect OSD to UART1 Windows then sees the pair as a composite (unrecognised) device and you can't connect. OSD on UART3 (as per specs) works just fine

GPS on Port 1 is fine :-)
Last edited by dogshome; Feb 19, 2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: GPS on Port 1
Feb 17, 2018, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazebraFPV
Smart Audio actually works on UART3 and Telemetry on UART6. This board is pretty sweet aside from burning the traces when I plugged it in on USB for the first time. Maybe because a beeper was attached?
Something far more serious? USB only provides 500mA (USB3 more, but still limited) so I'm guessing you had a lipo or high powered 5V regulator. You didn't connect your supply to 5V+ did you? It should go to BAT+
Feb 26, 2018, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogshome
Something far more serious? USB only provides 500mA (USB3 more, but still limited) so I'm guessing you had a lipo or high powered 5V regulator. You didn't connect your supply to 5V+ did you? It should go to BAT+
Nah I definitely just connected the board to the laptop and smelled burning traces. It's ok. It still works. It's weird that an F7 board can't run higher than 10.67k/10.67k. Will that ever change?
Feb 28, 2018, 12:18 AM
fly. fail. fix. repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazebraFPV
... It's weird that an F7 board can't run higher than 10.67k/10.67k. Will that ever change?
Yes

More details in facebook group, in a nutshell, not in master yet, probably v3.4.
Feb 28, 2018, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by si618
Yes

More details in facebook group, in a nutshell, not in master yet, probably v3.4.
Sweet!

Quick Reply