NERO - STM32F7 based FC - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by blckmn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 06, 2016, 07:26 PM
Did you see that....
New Product

NERO - STM32F7 based FC

Looking for an F4? Then the BlueJayF4 is for you - see BlueJayF4 thread

NERO is now available for purchase at:

electricwingman.com
fpvgame.eu
readytoflyquads.com

More details on the boards here:
nerofc.com
Betaflight Wiki

Name: nerorev1.jpg
Views: 37
Size: 35.4 KB
Description:

Moving to the next generation of processor speed, prototypes are being built for the using the F7 chip. Support for F7s has been added in BetaFlight 3.1 (thanks Sambas).

So far the Features / Specification is:
  • Runs Betaflight (from v3.1)
  • 3s-6s Lipo battery input - requires a piggy backed POLOLU (500ma or higher)
  • Buzzer output
  • Voltage Sensor (off battery input)
  • Has outputs for up to 8 ESCs (Remapping will allow clean builds - as outputs 7 and 8 are on the other side of the board)
  • Serial or PPM input (does not support individual PWM channel input)
  • MicroSD Card support for BlackBox
  • Three available hardware UART ports
  • Tactile button for booting to STM boot loader
  • Standard pin headers for the majority of connections
  • SWD via JST (on the base of the board - connector not fitted)
  • i2c available
  • SPI available via through hole micro pin header
  • CAN transceiver capable (will be fitted on initial batch - continued if desired)
  • Current sensor input via through hole micro pin header
  • STM32F722RE 32-bit processor at 216MHz, 512kb flash, 256kb ram (NEW from STM)
  • ICM-20602 MPU connected via SPI (https://www.invensense.com/wp-conten...Brief-v1.0.pdf)
  • Micro USB connectivity using STM Virtual Communications Port
  • 36mm x 36mm (standard 30.5mm square mounting holes - to centre of hole)

A F7 mini version (without the SD Card, or Baro, but with a flash chip) will also be available (in a 20x20mm mounting format).
Last edited by blckmn; Jun 13, 2017 at 06:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2016, 07:28 PM
Did you see that....
Latest blog entry: NERO - STM32F7 based FC
Sep 06, 2016, 07:28 PM
Did you see that....
Sep 06, 2016, 08:53 PM
So you are the man behind the Bluejays
Can still increment the batch size of one unit?
What are the conditions to get on-board?
Last edited by Maxzor; Sep 06, 2016 at 08:58 PM.
Sep 07, 2016, 12:09 AM
Rgietsered Uesr
Congrats.

A couple suggestions:

Please use solder pads. Don't think anybody uses pins nor need thru holes anymore.

Do you need extra inverters for the UARTs or does the F7 handle the signal invertion? If you need extra inverters please add 1 for Smart Port telemetry.
Sep 07, 2016, 12:16 AM
Did you see that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by velez
Congrats.

A couple suggestions:

Please use solder pads. Don't think anybody uses pins nor need thru holes anymore.

Do you need extra inverters for the UARTs or does the F7 handle the signal invertion? If you need extra inverters please add 1 for Smart Port telemetry.
No - the F7 operates like the F3, it has the ability to invert itself, hence I think this will become the processor of choice.

The mini will use solder pads, but the full will utilise through hole still so there will be a choice.
Sep 07, 2016, 04:45 AM
By the way, one of the great features of F7 is the ability to multi boot (I would LOVE to have to choose between Betaflight, Arducopter, INavflight and Raceflight before taking-off ), thus a 2MB flash could be handy : consider in further batches the f767?

(I need through holes, I own many more flight controllers than quads, I often swap them )
Sep 17, 2016, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Congrats.

A couple suggestions:

Disagree about the solder pads. You can direct solder to through hole boards easy. Keep the options open.
Sep 23, 2016, 02:54 PM
Do you have a rough time frame of when this will be released? I'll be picking up one as soon as they're available.
Oct 07, 2016, 09:06 AM
Hi there, and nice to find this thread
I have just one suggestion for the moment.
As i own both rev2 and rev3 BluejayF4s, i prefere how the boot button is placed on the rev2, close to the side of the board.
I like tight low profile quads, and with the rev3, i have to remove my top plate every time i want to access the boot button which is not ideal...
My 2 cents, and keep the great job
Oct 08, 2016, 08:50 AM
So cool!
Nov 01, 2016, 03:28 PM
Through holes definitely get my vote. Nothing worse than wrecking a board because you inadvertently lift off a solder pad. Ok, it may not be a right off, but certainly makes things difficult if you don't have an alternative pad to use. As mentioned above, i have more boards than i do quads so through holes will certainly be easier to work with if i want to swap a fc from one frame to another.

I will definitely be getting one. If the quality and performance of the bluejay f4 is anything to go by, an f7 is going to be sex on a stick. I love my rev3 bluejay, best board I've owned by a country mile.

I want one now! Lol
Last edited by mrmurder19.75; Nov 01, 2016 at 04:52 PM.
Nov 01, 2016, 07:07 PM
Just out of curiosity: have you considered having OSD built it? And if decided not to have it - why?
Nov 01, 2016, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Congrats.

A couple suggestions:

Wow, no. Through holes please. Soo much better... I mean it won't prevent me from buying a board, but it's definitely a huge bonus having through holes for their strength, reusability, small size, and high current capabilities. Yes, they take ever so slightly longer to solder, but the advantages far outweigh any cons. I've never had a through-hole pop off a board before. lol That's good there's going to be options.
Nov 01, 2016, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klizmatron4ik
Just out of curiosity: have you considered having OSD built it? And if decided not to have it - why?
imho an OSD detracts from a quality FC. I'd rather have a buggy OSD sitting on my camera, VTx, or by its lonesome.