Sep 05, 2016, 11:39 AM
Trader Rating: 52
Rangers Lead the Way
Thread OP
Rant

"martyapo" bad-faith buyer- avoid

Sold this guy a Aurora 9 + extra battery for $125 that was in excellent working condition (it was of course used) and he gives a poor rating because it was "not quite as perfect as he had hoped". He even admits he rated it before even bothering to turn it on. Wow.

Another frequent seller who saw him post to my ad warned me he would try to screw me, based on past dealings. PayPal showed a record of an attempted return of funds right after they we're sent. Unfortunately for Marty, I had a bad feeling and transferred the funds as soon as I got them. I suspect he intended to get his $$$ back just as I shipped.

Beware of this guy.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2016, 12:03 PM
Trader Rating: 13
If he was worried about scratches, he could have asked for more photos. He'll be asking you to change the rating, when nobody sells to him.
Sep 05, 2016, 01:34 PM
Trader Rating: 103
You're only as old as you feel
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Dec 24, 2016 at 11:10 PM.
Sep 05, 2016, 07:42 PM
Trader Rating: 22
I kill throttle servos
"Also TMI, don't tell everyone you're itinerary in a sale. Juss saying....(another phrase that doesn't mean anything, but illustrated the point.)"

Actually this isn't true. Some people like a reason for selling of the item, especially a expensive item.
Sep 05, 2016, 07:49 PM
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d-Chris
"Also TMI, don't tell everyone you're itinerary in a sale. Juss saying....(another phrase that doesn't mean anything, but illustrated the point.)"

Actually this isn't true. Some people like a reason for selling of the item, especially a expensive item.
That is true. No need to say more than necessary. Main concern is everything works, no broken switches. Stating condition is debatable, unless it was never removed from the packaging. Even then, I've had problematic stuff right out of the box.
Sep 05, 2016, 07:53 PM
Trader Rating: 59
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
I do wish the ignore list had a short place for comments. I would like to remember how people ended up there. This is a great example of a proactive assignment.
Sep 05, 2016, 08:18 PM
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Dec 24, 2016 at 11:11 PM.
Sep 05, 2016, 08:58 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Thread OP
CH3N, you are confused about the rationale for citing departure date. My leaving never presented an opportunity that not leaving didn't, since any buyer can attempt to recall funds in paypal at any time. Something to be aware of, by the way. I just wanted to make sure I did not get funds Friday morning after it was too late to properly pack and ship the item.

Though I do appreciate your concern.

As for the item - it was photographed as it was. Nothing hidden, and the display, which is touchscreen and literally runs this radio, does not have a single scratch on it. And, Marty could have asked for more pictures if he felt unsure about condition.

I NEVER sell an item I would not use myself without hesitation, and do not use the trader section to unload junk on others. Marty got a good radio, but apparently had other plans in mind than actually paying for it or using it.
Sep 05, 2016, 09:46 PM
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Dec 24, 2016 at 11:12 PM.
Sep 07, 2016, 09:54 AM
Rangers Lead the Way
Thread OP
Comments duly noted on photo size. I did this only because I have to email them to myself from the iPhone and I like to send them all at once. But I see what you mean where they can't be enlarged.
Sep 07, 2016, 10:20 AM
Trader Rating: 171
Build a scale plane already!!!
Yeah, I can enlarge those photos on my PC and phone just fine,, and when I do,, I think you using the term "Excellent condition" might have been a mistake,, they look well used you can see wear and even a little rust on one of the gimble bolts,, maybe "good condition" would have been more accurate.

I think leaving the negative is wrong since it's just a difference of opinion thing,,,, maybe a neutral would have been more appropriate.

good luck
Sep 07, 2016, 10:40 AM
Trader Rating: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM
I do wish the ignore list had a short place for comments. I would like to remember how people ended up there. This is a great example of a proactive assignment.
Well said Jim!....me too....It SHOULD be n option I think as well....Maybe...sumpim for them to think about...

Billy
Sep 07, 2016, 11:33 AM
Trader Rating: 99
[QUOTE=3d-Chris;35655713]"Also TMI, don't tell everyone you're itinerary in a sale. Juss saying....(another phrase that doesn't mean anything, but illustrated the point.)"

Actually this isn't true. Some people like a reason for selling of the item, especially a expensive item.[/QUOTE

Yes or maybe it helps to explain why you are selling something NIB. I might wonder why if there were not some sort of explanation.
Last edited by Stanbur; Sep 07, 2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: grammar
Sep 08, 2016, 10:15 AM
Trader Rating: 34
Marc,
I'm sorry you are so hurt over the rating I gave you that you feel the need to post lies and slander me. Lets address two things here.
First, I have never ever tried to cheat or steal from anyone here. Your accusations are baseless and show a futal attempt to make me out to be the bad guy here. If you had a "feeling" I was being dishonest in some way it was most likely a reflection of your own unscrupulous behavior in your dealings here. I have never had any intention to wrong you or somehow get back the funds I sent you. I wouldn't do that to anyone and I wouldn't even know how if I wanted too.

Secondly, I rated you negatively based on your own description of the radio which, by anyones standards, were dishonest at best. When you advertise something as being in "excellent condition" it's the expectation of the buyer that the item be such. What I received would have been best described as "good condition". The radio you sold was well worn, had deep tool marks around the module and antennae, had rusted screws, missing screws and other wear and tear. I didn't expect a brand new radio of course but I did expect an honest depiction of its condition. For your dishonesty I gave you the negative rating.

I'm sorry you didn't like the rating but like I said in the original rating comments, it is my opinion and I believe a fair one of this transaction. You slandering me and attempting to depict me as a "bad faith buyer" is complete horse crap. I will gladly post pictures of the radio for all to see and let them judge you for your dishonesty and lack of integrity. You're also welcome to message any and all individuals with whom I've delt with here and let them speak as to my integrity.

If you want to try to dig up dirt and post lies, I won't stoop to your level but I will defend myself and let the truth be known. I will post pictures soon and let these folks judge us based on facts and not your butt hurt feelings.

Marty

Quick Reply