Sep 19, 2016, 10:51 AM
Team Futaba
Al, thank you for hosting the games and the great Lobstahhh!! I had an absolute blast!!!

Here are a few pics dad took while we were all flying.

Oh and it was my pleasure to tow the one afternoon.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2016, 06:52 PM
No ! Your other left !
For those who don't yet know this is a lobster roll on a NEW ENGLAND STYLE bun.

Lots of good comments here. Me thinks the lobster gods will smile upon you yet again next year. Hope to spice it up with vendor prizes thrown into the mix. Grand prize on Saturday works good!
Sep 19, 2016, 07:23 PM
No ! Your other left !
Dan and Dad! Awesome combat photos.

I enjoyed the heck out of the entire week. Some cameraderie with you and your dad was special for me. You flying my six there for one flight was great too, fighter cover for the bomber!
Sep 19, 2016, 09:52 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell View Post
For those who don't yet know this is a lobster roll on a NEW ENGLAND STYLE bun.

Lots of good comments here. Me thinks the lobster gods will smile upon you yet again next year. Hope to spice it up with vendor prizes thrown into the mix. Grand prize on Saturday works good!
Contact me a month before and maybe we can provide a prize or two fitting of the Lobstah theme. i have some ideas but jog my memory before the event so i have time to execute
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 20, 2016, 08:50 AM
Ooh I'd love a flying lobster Jim! It would fit right it with the weird planes demo I organized this year.
Sep 20, 2016, 08:57 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
Ooh I'd love a flying lobster Jim! It would fit right it with the weird planes demo I organized this year.
Maybe not a lobstah itself but certainly well themed. i will let it percolate in my brain over the winter and do something next year
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 20, 2016, 09:03 AM
@ 4:10

2016 NEAT Fair Highlights - HobbyKing Live (13 min 22 sec)
Sep 20, 2016, 09:14 AM
HobbyKing US Promotions Mgr
Quote:
What a great time this NEAT was.
The Lobster Combat was Awesome and I was just pulling the streamer!
Thanks to all who participated. Look for video clips from various people here in the next week or so. Sat I got some great aerial footage from the towplane, of you wackos chasing the streamer.

Note of special recognition to DAN LANDIS who ate most of my lobster.....also thanks to him for volunteering and towing the second round on one day after I was mid-aired in half by a T28. (Duct tape, smores stick,foam,popsicle sticks,epoxy,packing tape and markers repaired the mess and it flies better than ever!)

Great Thanks to HOBBYKING who donated a brand new 9 ch radio and Dan Landis/FUTABA who donated Futaba cold cups and coozies, for the Saturday edition of LOBSTER COMBAT .

I want to thank TOM HUNT for allowing me to do this event again this year. Tom has said next year is a go if I want. Going to get it in the structure of events so it doesn't interfere with the swapshop raffle. IE immediately following the Mass Warbird Launches. Bring two planes or batteries to that so you are ready. I don't want to tie up the flightline too much.

Tom, didn't cut the streamer with his FPV quad although he said he would.......

The radio was won by Adam Lilley. he wins everything,,,,,

Maybe I can round up some more prizes for next year but given the interest from you guys looks like no prize would still have you chasing the streamers !

Now remember The TOWPLANE is Sacred !
Your very welcome Al! It was a pleasure meeting and hanging with you. Looking forward to next year!
Sep 20, 2016, 09:24 AM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Tom, didn't cut the streamer with his FPV quad although he said he would......
I needed about 1 more MPH and I would have! I had it dangling in front of me a few times like a carrot on a stick in front of the donkey!

I'll post my vid in a few days, have to decompress a bit.
Sep 21, 2016, 10:59 AM
No ! Your other left !
Will do Jim! Contact you after I gat the little Yak 55 built, talk then about next year.
Sep 21, 2016, 09:23 PM

Post neat sale

It figures now that lobstah is on sale ramsdell is back in his cave by the ocean
Sep 24, 2016, 06:05 PM
No ! Your other left !
What state is that lobstah in?

It's always on sale when it has been cooked and it has been cooked 'cause it was about to die.

How much was that cold lobster anyway?

I brought 1 1/4 lb softshells at 4.99 per lb. Hardshells are much fuller and pricier!