Lobster games. - RC Groups
Sep 04, 2016, 06:30 PM
No ! Your other left !

Lobster games.

Hello all, some of you know me as Al and some as the Lobstah guy.
Last year I dropped lobster 'Beanie Babies' from my Alpha 450 with a lobster roll prize for whomever grabbed one. This year I'm gonna step it up but make it fair for them who can't run to the prize.
Cut the streamer !
I'll tow a crepe streamer, complete with air release, anybody cutting it gets a lobster roll at my site. Hopefully if it's long enough, more than one person can cut same streamer. Try not to cut the tow-plane ! I will prob drop the beanies too since I like my bomb drop! This could get interesting with 4 or 5 crazies swarming it.

Anybody in?

I plan on doing it Tues,W,Thurs.

Al
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2016, 11:04 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Is that warm with butter or cold with mayo??
Last edited by Foxhillag1; Sep 05, 2016 at 07:06 AM.
Sep 05, 2016, 06:59 AM
Sounds fun Al!
Sep 05, 2016, 03:24 PM
I'll play!
Sep 06, 2016, 03:19 PM
I'll definitely be watching! Unfortunately I'm allergic to lobster otherwise I'd be in the middle of the scrum

Rob
Sep 08, 2016, 10:28 AM
Won a Lobster Roll for my wife last year and she said it was Great !!
Sep 08, 2016, 08:25 PM
No ! Your other left !
Warm roll,cold lobstah with mayo.

Rob you could just take the roll......
Sep 11, 2016, 07:45 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
MUMMM Lobster
Sep 18, 2016, 08:17 PM
No ! Your other left !
What a great time this NEAT was.
The Lobster Combat was Awesome and I was just pulling the streamer!
Thanks to all who participated. Look for video clips from various people here in the next week or so. Sat I got some great aerial footage from the towplane, of you wackos chasing the streamer.

Note of special recognition to DAN LANDIS who ate most of my lobster.....also thanks to him for volunteering and towing the second round on one day after I was mid-aired in half by a T28. (Duct tape, smores stick,foam,popsicle sticks,epoxy,packing tape and markers repaired the mess and it flies better than ever!)

Great Thanks to HOBBYKING who donated a brand new 9 ch radio and Dan Landis/FUTABA who donated Futaba cold cups and coozies, for the Saturday edition of LOBSTER COMBAT .

I want to thank TOM HUNT for allowing me to do this event again this year. Tom has said next year is a go if I want. Going to get it in the structure of events so it doesn't interfere with the swapshop raffle. IE immediately following the Mass Warbird Launches. Bring two planes or batteries to that so you are ready. I don't want to tie up the flightline too much.

Tom, didn't cut the streamer with his FPV quad although he said he would.......

The radio was won by Adam Lilley. he wins everything,,,,,

Maybe I can round up some more prizes for next year but given the interest from you guys looks like no prize would still have you chasing the streamers !

Now remember The TOWPLANE is Sacred !
Last edited by aramsdell; Sep 18, 2016 at 08:40 PM.
Sep 18, 2016, 10:42 PM
Al,

I had a great time trying (but ultimately failing) to cut your ribbon. Tom C. and Adam kicked butt though - I think Tom made four cuts in the contests he participated in. And yes, Adam does win a lot

Rob
Sep 18, 2016, 11:32 PM
Al,
Thanks for running this event, I got a cut and enjoyed the fresh lobster on a toasted New England style roll. Ab Fab all the way!

Ed
Sep 19, 2016, 08:14 AM
AMA 1242

Lobsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell
What a great time this NEAT was.
The Lobster Combat was Awesome and I was just pulling the streamer!
Thanks to all who participated. Look for video clips from various people here in the next week or so. Sat I got some great aerial footage from the towplane, of you wackos chasing the streamer.

Note of special recognition to DAN LANDIS who ate most of my lobster.....also thanks to him for volunteering and towing the second round on one day after I was mid-aired in half by a T28. (Duct tape, smores stick,foam,popsicle sticks,epoxy,packing tape and markers repaired the mess and it flies better than ever!)

Great Thanks to HOBBYKING who donated a brand new 9 ch radio and Dan Landis/FUTABA who donated Futaba cold cups and coozies, for the Saturday edition of LOBSTER COMBAT .

I want to thank TOM HUNT for allowing me to do this event again this year. Tom has said next year is a go if I want. Going to get it in the structure of events so it doesn't interfere with the swapshop raffle. IE immediately following the Mass Warbird Launches. Bring two planes or batteries to that so you are ready. I don't want to tie up the flightline too much.

Tom, didn't cut the streamer with his FPV quad although he said he would.......

The radio was won by Adam Lilley. he wins everything,,,,,

Maybe I can round up some more prizes for next year but given the interest from you guys looks like no prize would still have you chasing the streamers !

Looks like they foregot about the SACRED tow plane part!!! Great fun just to watch!!!!!!!!
Sep 19, 2016, 10:15 AM

Love the New Streamer Format and Video from the tow plane

Loved the Lobstah Combat, it was a great addition to the the event and perfect for the crowd after the War Bird Challenge. I have never heard so many oohs and ahhhs except at fireworks. I hope he/NEAT get's more prizes sponsored for the event next year; I believe this event has mega potential.

Great job Al!!!!

Below is the link to the video:

Lobster Combat (12 min 47 sec)
Sep 19, 2016, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell
after I was mid-aired in half by a T28 ..

.. nothing is sacred

Ask Tom next year about the front half of my Terry sticking out of his towplane a few decades ago - he didn't seem to have a problem landing his in one piece although (my) the T-28 in question had a lot more mass than your balsa stix did.

Is there vid of that round to vindicate my claim of you pulling dead up into me ?

.. BTW, the repaired T-28 in question flew like crap during the Mass warbird launch the next day and self-destructed before I had a chance at Towplane Destuction Part Deux. You are very lucky my friend ..

Maybe Next year I'll offer King Crab Legs for the first to take down the TowVehicle

Last edited by Alan W; Sep 19, 2016 at 10:45 AM.
Sep 19, 2016, 10:49 AM
No ! Your other left !
Alan W the vid only on Sat sorry all decisions of the sole judge are final.
Judgement: you hit me , failure to yield, (ask a cop). LOL