Sep 07, 2016, 07:21 AM
dear Frsky

just a little update of the post above it seems the Horus doesn't like long range aftermarket modules

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1465

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRS Varmint View Post
Ugh, same issue here. The Horus is buzzing like mad with my crossfire installed, whereas my Taranis didn't. WHY isn't the speaker shielded?

Does anyone else use a crossfire and get this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterisk View Post
My crossfire fits fine. Sadly the speaker still picks up noise from it like the taranis.
Last edited by Radikal; Sep 07, 2016 at 03:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2016, 12:22 AM
Anybody know if the native FrTX o/s will run LUA scripts - or will that require the OpenTX 2.2 to be installed?
Couldn't find it explicitly stated anywhere.
Sep 09, 2016, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH106 View Post
Anybody know if the native FrTX o/s will run LUA scripts - or will that require the OpenTX 2.2 to be installed?
I have not seen it explicitly stated, but I'm very confident that FrTX os will not run LUA scripts.
Sep 09, 2016, 02:59 AM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you will need OpenTX.
Tom
Sep 09, 2016, 04:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quim_Boda View Post
Is it possible to flash receivers from the frskyOS???

Enviado do meu D6503 através de Tapatalk
Flashing the receivers via S.Port from FrOS will be implemented first and wireless upgrade will follow later.
Sep 09, 2016, 04:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1 View Post
This should be a high priority addition and implemented in a manner similar to OpenTX......even my DX9 and Taranis can do this.
The function to setting the cycle time of tetemetry will be implemented in the future FW later.
Sep 09, 2016, 09:05 AM
aka KF7DS
Appreciate that Frsky is participating in this forum. Should be interesting to see how the OS evolves through late Fall and Winter into next flying season, Quite a few in our Club would like to buy Frsky but are overwhelmed by OpenTX....a solid menu driven OS would sell a lot more XMTRs, RXs and sensors.

Going to fly the rest of this season with my Taranis and OpenTX and will leave the Horus stock for a while to see how this evolves.
Sep 09, 2016, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
I have not seen it explicitly stated, but I'm very confident that FrTX os will not run LUA scripts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly View Post
I'm pretty sure you will need OpenTX.
Tom
Thanks for the input guys.

Next question - will a stick mode change require a service, or is it user do-able?
Taranis was a doddle, and the photos of the Horus gimbals I've seen look easy enough to enable/disable the spring/ratchet system - so I guess it depends on whether the firmware will allow it. Hope FrSky don't get all propriatory - hidden 'service only' menus, a la JR 9X I used to have
Sep 09, 2016, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the input guys.

Next question - will a stick mode change require a service, or is it user do-able?
Taranis was a doddle, and the photos of the Horus gimbals I've seen look easy enough to enable/disable the spring/ratchet system - so I guess it depends on whether the firmware will allow it. Hope FrSky don't get all propriatory - hidden 'service only' menus, a la JR 9X I used to have
Looks to me like the most difficult part will be the wires connecting the back - two antenna cables with very delicate U.fl connectors,not much play in the wires. I think it was Horusrs.com that had a youtube video on opening the back.
Sep 09, 2016, 02:52 PM
Removing the back is a PITA. You can save some pain by removing the ext antenna RPSMA connector with a 8mm or 5/16 socket. that only leaves the GPS coax an a couple of plugs
Sep 09, 2016, 03:03 PM
finally you assume it's a bad design. you have the following items on the back half: 2 antennas, 2 sliders and 1 vibrator
Sep 09, 2016, 03:39 PM
Can somebody give me a quick hand setting up flaperons in FRTX? I had no problems setting it on my Taranis with OpenTX but I'm giving the FRTX a shot before i probably make the switch to OpenTX..

Thanks!!
Sep 09, 2016, 04:16 PM
You know about the downloadable manual ?
http://frsky-rc.com/download/view.ph...l-Horus%20X12S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky120 View Post
Can somebody give me a quick hand setting up flaperons in FRTX? I had no problems setting it on my Taranis with OpenTX but I'm giving the FRTX a shot before i probably make the switch to OpenTX..

Thanks!!
Sep 09, 2016, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal View Post
finally you assume it's a bad design. you have the following items on the back half: 2 antennas, 2 sliders and 1 vibrator
Who said it's a bad design?
Sep 09, 2016, 07:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal View Post
dear Frsky

just a little update of the post above it seems the Horus doesn't like long range aftermarket modules

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1465
High power transmitter modules have impact on the Horus. We will take a closer look for the reason and the solution.

Quick Reply