Sep 05, 2016, 02:19 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Ah, yeah, meant \ but in any case Windows does allow this in a "file name" so how you create a "folder" on the flash drive called "Sounds\en\model" I am just not real computer savvy. Once I figure out how to create that folder I have all the model names in WAV format ready to be pasted in.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2016, 02:33 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
.. "Sounds\en\model"..
That is just showing you the path, not the file name.

Folder named: "Sounds".....inside there is a folder named "en"....inside there is a folder named "model".... inside there you put the sound files
Sep 05, 2016, 02:36 PM
Happy FPV flyer
I would recommend reading/watching some "computer 101" resources as that's as basic as it can get.

Hint: You have a "model" folder inside an "en" folder, which is in a "sounds" folder on the card.
Sep 05, 2016, 02:58 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
I would recommend reading/watching some "computer 101" resources as that's as basic as it can get.

Hint: You have a "model" folder inside an "en" folder, which is in a "sounds" folder on the card.
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. Somehow I missed that class!
50 years ago I was submitting Fortran Programs written line by line and punched out on cardboard to the computer center. 35 years ago I bought my first PC, an IBM 8088, for about 4 or 5 K. We programmed in Basic back then. I remember the 120K floppy drives cost $600 each. Yesterday I bought a 32 GB SD card for $10. Files and folders were things in metal cabinets. Flashing involved removing certain items of clothes.

Back to the problem at hand, since my flash drive has a folder called Sounds/En/Tracks is it correct that I put a Model folder into the En folder?.

Is there any workaround to get FrskyOS to annunciation certain telemetry values, such as voltage, on a regular interval throughout a flight. I suspect not, and maybe I will have to try to install Open TX, which, given my currency on computers, is understandably intimidating. But to me it is most important.
Last edited by u2builder; Sep 05, 2016 at 03:05 PM.
Sep 05, 2016, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Becasue not everyone would actually be happy to lose a useful switch for one they don't care about?
Using Sticky the momentary has the same functionality as a simple toggle. No?
Sep 06, 2016, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Using Sticky the momentary has the same functionality as a simple toggle. No?
Yes!
Tom
Sep 06, 2016, 04:40 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Yes, but having to look at the screen to know which state your virtual switch is in is certainly not the same than being able to feel it by putting your finger on it and simply "force" it where you know it is...
Sep 06, 2016, 05:31 AM
^^^^... Ditto
Sep 06, 2016, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Yes, but having to look at the screen to know which state your virtual switch is in is certainly not the same than being able to feel it by putting your finger on it and simply "force" it where you know it is...
True that.
Sep 06, 2016, 04:34 PM
In the users manual, there is the usual warning to not point the antenna at the model. It pretty obvious with my Taranis which way the antenna is pointing but in the Horus it is not so obvious. I assume the antenna is pointing to either left or right but which is it?
Sep 06, 2016, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
In the users manual, there is the usual warning to not point the antenna at the model. It pretty obvious with my Taranis which way the antenna is pointing but in the Horus it is not so obvious. I assume the antenna is pointing to either left or right but which is it?
It doesn't matter, as there is a null point at both ends.
Tom
Sep 06, 2016, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
It doesn't matter, as there is a null point at both ends.
Tom
It's a Patch antenna.
Last edited by scott page; Sep 07, 2016 at 11:07 AM.
Sep 07, 2016, 03:37 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
It's a Patch antenna.
No.
Sep 07, 2016, 06:35 AM
Are there plans by Frsky to fix the Haptic strength.

If so, will it be a software or hardware fix ?
Sep 07, 2016, 07:19 AM
dear Frsky

you forgot to fix the haptic issue that has been pointed out repeatedly by the beta team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSS
Haptic on my BETA Horus is very poor. Take in to consideration it is a small unit under a thick rubber grip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier
Being a Beta tester, did you ever mention this to FrSky or anyone else on the Beta team?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSS
It was mentioned many time`s on the Beta reporting forum.

I have today loaded Open TX and the Haptic is much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
The Haptic is very poor, I'm sure this must have been mentioned by the Beta test team, so I can't understand why Fr'Sky didn't fix it.
-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
In the hardware department the only issue I've found is that the haptic is essentially non-existent with FrOS. I have the strength turned up all the way and can barely feel anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac D
I've noticed that the haptic vibration on my Horus is very close to what I am used to on my Taranis. That was the first thing I noticed when I fired it up this afternoon!
Quote:
With the Taranis I can feel vibration in the gimbals and tray - it's excellent - can even be heard. The Haptic in the Taranis feels similar to the Futaba 14MZ. With the Horus I can barely feel it at all - certainly not enough to get my attention

Quick Reply