Oct 14, 2016, 04:48 AM
@FrSky
Why are „FLIGHT MODES“ not listed in the MDL Menue if i create a new „AIRPLANE“? I can find „FLIGHT MODES“ only in Custom, Gliders and Helikopters (Software: 1.2.14).
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2016, 07:43 PM
Thread OP
Here is the public github for bug/issue reports, as well as suggestions: https://github.com/FrSky-OS/X12S-bug-report
Oct 18, 2016, 11:13 PM
IN 1.2.18, can i overide a selected channel through SPEC FUN ?
Oct 19, 2016, 12:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxliao View Post
IN 1.2.18, can i overide a selected channel through SPEC FUN ?
Not yet, but you can do it through EX MIXER.
Oct 19, 2016, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I just move from opentx to frOS to try. Am using D4R with 1s lipos.
On telemetry screen ... why is the RxBattery showing 1v while the voltage A1 is showing 4.1V.
I set the ratio for both to be 4.0...

How to get RxBattery to show receiver voltage ?

Jonathan
Oct 19, 2016, 09:46 AM

Stick Mode Change....

On my beautiful new X12S there doesn't seem to be a "Stick Mode" item any longer on the System Menu - as seen in some of the review vids. Has this been moved (secret menu?), or is stick mode change now disabled?
Oct 19, 2016, 12:47 PM
Happy FPV flyer
I believe it's been in the model menu for quite a while.
Oct 19, 2016, 01:48 PM
Long press rtn and it will show up.
Oct 19, 2016, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the replies, but 'Stick Mode' isn't on my Model menu. Long press of RTN seems always to give me Channel Monitor.
Oct 19, 2016, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH106 View Post
Thanks for the replies, but 'Stick Mode' isn't on my Model menu. Long press of RTN seems always to give me Channel Monitor.
I answered you question where you posted on the other thread. if you keep asking the same question on more than one thread it gets confusing.

Mike
Oct 19, 2016, 03:27 PM
Sorry Mike, !'ll check the other thread. Thanks for your help.
Oct 21, 2016, 05:44 PM
Could you tell me ?
How à have rssi on channel, for an osd rssi on miniosd ?
Oct 25, 2016, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_blower View Post
Could you tell me ?
How à have rssi on channel, for an osd rssi on miniosd ?
Are you running opentx ? If so, go to the telemetry screen, do a scan for new sensors and you should see RSSI popping up. Once that is done you can set up a RSSI input, with RSSI source, and subsequently use that input on a channel in the Mixer. Use weight 200 and 100 offset and it should be ok. If you are familiar with doing this on the Taranis it is exactly the same, except the step to scan for new sensors which is new.

I'm sorry I can't help you if you run FrSky OS.
Oct 25, 2016, 09:01 AM
I was under FrTx, when I asked the question, but now I passed under OpenTX because a lot easier.
thank you for your reply.
Oct 29, 2016, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
Becasue not everyone would actually be happy to lose a useful switch for one they don't care about?
Well said I never use a momentary switch the only thing I can think it could be used for is to start a timer but you could use any other switch just the same, plus what's so hard about swooping a switch to whatever type you want.
Oct 29, 2016, 11:33 AM
Everything RC
Where can I find sounds to add to my Horus radio?

Sent fra min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
Oct 29, 2016, 05:32 PM
Three questions:
1.) I have updated the FrTX OS Firmware to 1.2.20 from 1.2.15 which was on my Tx. I was hoping this would correct an error message that comes up when I try to delete a copied model. Maybe I'm just not doing it correctly: I select (from my main screen), SYS>MODEL SELECT>Scroll to copied model>Highlight copied model>scroll to delete>select delete>answer delete warning with OK, and then nothing gets deleted.
2.) I have created a Custom model in an effort to be able to get Flight Modes, but can't figure out where the Flight Mode Trims get set. In the Flight Mode section the Flight Modes have been named but there is no place to set the desired trims. In Trim Setup, F.MODE SEPR has been selected and i can select the flight mode desired on the main screen using the three position switch selected for Flight Modes, and I can set trims using trim switches, but they do not get saved and must be re-adjusted each time the radio is shut down. Is there any way to save the F.Mode trims?
3.) Is there any way to be able to have Flight Modes and DR/Expo? I've
tried to do it in Airplane mode but then there are no F.Modes. In Custom, I get F.Modes but no DR/Expo
Oct 29, 2016, 10:25 PM
Hi!
Is there a bug with the Horus's system time? I noticed it with the stock version and it is still there after I updated the firmware to 1.2.18 beta. The system time always resets to 2065 when you turn the radio off. Is there an internal clock battery that might need replacing? Anyone else seen this. I know it's not a huge deal, but it does bother me. :>)

Scotty

Fixed! I don't think it was in the instructions I had, but to set the system time you have to turn the power off instead of using the "Return" button. This is inconsistent with the rest of the programming and hopefully can be fixed in a future firmware. Also, holding down the "PageUP" button will lock the screen and you will be unable to get out of the screen until you hold down the "PageUp" button again. It takes a lot of clicking the "PageUp" button to go from 2065 to 2016 since each click only takes you to the previous month. It would have been nice if the default year was more like 2015. Anyway, it's not a big deal but would add a bit of polish to the OS.
Last edited by wsmorton; Oct 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Fixed issue.
Oct 30, 2016, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briant740 View Post
1.) I have updated the FrTX OS Firmware to 1.2.20 from 1.2.15 which was on my Tx. I was hoping this would correct an error message that comes up when I try to delete a copied model. Maybe I'm just not doing it correctly: I select (from my main screen), SYS>MODEL SELECT>Scroll to copied model>Highlight copied model>scroll to delete>select delete>answer delete warning with OK, and then nothing gets deleted.
Sorry Briant, following your instructions I can delete a copied model without problems.
The wheel around the SELECT Button is very sensitiv, are you sure that you didn´t touched the wheel in the very last moment...
Oct 30, 2016, 12:08 PM
Hans S
The attempted deletion of the copied model happened the first day I got the Horus. It came with Firmware version 1.2.15. after I figured out that that was a known problem fixed in the newer Firmware, I then updated to the new 1.2.20 version. The problem is I can't get rid of that particular model. I believe I can delete models entered after the update just not the one Created before the update.
Oct 30, 2016, 01:21 PM
Just delete the bad model from the SD card by using a PC then, if the Horus is having trouble with it. Then all should be good.
Oct 30, 2016, 04:09 PM
DH106,
That did it!
Thank You
Brian
Oct 30, 2016, 05:40 PM
Great - all sorted.
Oct 31, 2016, 05:50 AM
Everything RC
Tried to add the amber sound pack to my Horus today and had to copy the files in the track folder to get the Horus to list the sound in the special function meny...

But my problem is that it will only list the first 101 sounds in the folder, the last sound file it will select is the ele2flp sound...

any clue on why this is?
Oct 31, 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypilot View Post
Tried to add the amber sound pack to my Horus today and had to copy the files in the track folder to get the Horus to list the sound in the special function meny...

But my problem is that it will only list the first 101 sounds in the folder, the last sound file it will select is the ele2flp sound...

any clue on why this is?
The last I new the FROS was limited to 100 sounds.
My info is old by a couple of months, I have not tried on 1.20.
Oct 31, 2016, 04:27 PM
Everything RC
Thanks. Solved it by removing all the sound files I will never use.. I find it strange though that there are a limit on the number of sound files allowed..hopefully this limit will be removed in a future update..

Sent fra min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
Oct 31, 2016, 05:01 PM
FrSky is aware that a few people feel that way.
Oct 31, 2016, 06:48 PM
I have decided to stick with FrTX OS until Open TX matures. I'm running 1.2.15. I'm hoping they make it so you can put a tracks/model folder on an SD card and it will just pick them up from there.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Remove the tracks folder entirely from the internal flash drive when I turn off then back on the transmitter I get horrible loud static noise coming from the speakers until I add the sound back and turn it off/on then its fine. Now i'm not sure if that has anything with removing that folder or pluggin/unpluggin a usb cable. At first I thought the battery went too low and caused it but when I charged it up, it was still doing it the next day until I added the sound folder back..
Oct 31, 2016, 08:36 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrefusedx
I have decided to stick with FrTX OS until Open TX matures.
Hmmm. I thought Open was the more matured and developed of the two...
Oct 31, 2016, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrefusedx
I have decided to stick with FrTX OS until Open TX matures. I'm running 1.2.15. I'm hoping they make it so you can put a tracks/model folder on an SD card and it will just pick them up from there.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Remove the tracks folder entirely from the internal flash drive when I turn off then back on the transmitter I get horrible loud static noise coming from the speakers until I add the sound back and turn it off/on then its fine. Now i'm not sure if that has anything with removing that folder or pluggin/unpluggin a usb cable. At first I thought the battery went too low and caused it but when I charged it up, it was still doing it the next day until I added the sound folder back..
You can use your sd card. Mp3 in Music folder and audio tracks for alarms in tracks folder (not sure if thats the correct name) and they will appear in the system.
Oct 31, 2016, 08:57 PM
What I mean is until Open TX is past pre-release, not stating that FrTX OS was more matured.
Oct 31, 2016, 09:10 PM
Closed Account
Hi Pilots, have a question ...where do i find documentation on installing FRSKY OS on my Horus, a few months ago when i first got it i loaded OpenTX which i dont like since it isnt mature enough, please show me a site for beginners on how to install the Frsky os on to the horus.
any info greatly thanked
Oct 31, 2016, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovrin
Hi Pilots, have a question ...where do i find documentation on installing FRSKY OS on my Horus, a few months ago when i first got it i loaded OpenTX which i dont like since it isnt mature enough, please show me a site for beginners on how to install the Frsky os on to the horus.
any info greatly thanked
Why not load a current version of OpenTx first. It's a lot more mature and functional than the FRSKYOS.

The instructions to install FRSKYOS seem to be here

http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/vie...20Instructions
Oct 31, 2016, 09:33 PM
OpenTx is very much more mature than FrSkyOS. The currently available version of OpenTx for the Horus is not supported by Companion....yet.
But FrSkyOS has no Pc/Linux/Mac programm to help you for FrSkyOS and FrSky has not shown any intention of ever doing so, at least publicly.

But using OpenTx over FrSkyOS or visa versa, is more about what you are comfortable with.

FrSkyOS gives you a fairly conventional menu driven system. It has some extensions which take it beyond what I experienced back in my JR days,

OpenTx is very,...well, Open...It allows you to do things that menu systems do not approach. It requires a shift in your way of thinking. But it is a very logical system.

I prefer OpenTx, but you have the choice. My way, OpenTx, is right for me, but may not be for everyone.

YMMV
Oct 31, 2016, 09:37 PM
Closed Account
Thanks guys for the info, will take it to heart if i keep Opentx
Nov 01, 2016, 01:54 AM
Everything RC
Deleted by admin
Last edited by flypilot; Nov 03, 2016 at 06:57 AM.
Nov 01, 2016, 06:01 AM
Everything RC
Deleted by admin
Last edited by flypilot; Nov 03, 2016 at 06:58 AM.
Nov 03, 2016, 11:10 PM

System Time Issue

Hi!
I previously posted that the system time on my Horus would always reset to 2065 after I turned it off. I seemed to have gotten it to save the time so I posted that it wasn't an issue. Now it seems to be an issue again. The time is now reset back to 2065. I did see a video where the Horus was taken apart and noticed one of the boards had a watch battery on it. I can only assume that this is for the system time. Since I don't want to void my warranty, how do I get the battery replaced? If I do it myself, will I void the warranty or do I have to send it somewhere to get the battery replaced?

Scotty
Nov 04, 2016, 03:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmorton
Hi!
I previously posted that the system time on my Horus would always reset to 2065 after I turned it off. I seemed to have gotten it to save the time so I posted that it wasn't an issue. Now it seems to be an issue again. The time is now reset back to 2065. I did see a video where the Horus was taken apart and noticed one of the boards had a watch battery on it. I can only assume that this is for the system time. Since I don't want to void my warranty, how do I get the battery replaced? If I do it myself, will I void the warranty or do I have to send it somewhere to get the battery replaced?

Scotty
Horus does not use GPS to set the time. It seems like your system time issue is RTC data lost. Under what circumstance did this happen?
Nov 04, 2016, 03:49 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
FrTx does not use GPS for setting TX -time, OpemTX does it with Horus. At least my experience.
Nov 04, 2016, 06:13 AM
First of all I am sorry for my "terrible" English
In my Horus I have the following problems:
(firmware FRSKY 1.2.15 and Beta 1.2.20)
in mode1 Glider normal tail, the rudder trim is not working.
In mode1 Glider V-tail, does not work the elevator trim.
Important note: you need to check on the MONITOR screen or with a receiver and servos because in the main screen trim seems to work.
Have you any suggestions?
Another important note: In mode1 Airplane V-tail and normal tail the trims the work regularly.
So I think that the hardware is working properly, it is a software bug?
Thanks for your attention.
Nov 04, 2016, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Salvatico
First of all I am sorry for my "terrible" English
In my Horus I have the following problems:
(firmware FRSKY 1.2.15 and Beta 1.2.20)
in mode1 Glider normal tail, the rudder trim is not working.
In mode1 Glider V-tail, does not work the elevator trim.
Important note: you need to check on the MONITOR screen or with a receiver and servos because in the main screen trim seems to work.
Have you any suggestions?
Another important note: In mode1 Airplane V-tail and normal tail the trims the work regularly.
So I think that the hardware is working properly, it is a software bug?
Thanks for your attention.
My advice would be to report your concerns here

https://github.com/FrSky-OS/X12S-bug-report
Nov 04, 2016, 11:00 AM

adding to FrTX Menu's

Is there any way to add F.Modes to the Custom model menu, or does something like that require a new Firmware update?
I need to have both DR/Expo and F.Modes. While both can be had in Helicopter mode, the F.Modes are not customizable in Heli mode
Last edited by briant740; Nov 04, 2016 at 11:07 AM.
Nov 04, 2016, 03:46 PM
It occurs every time I turn off the TX. I'll turn on the TX, set the time and turn it off. When I turn the TX back on, the time is reset to 2065. there's been a few times when the time is correct after I turn the TX back on, but most of the time, it is reset when I turn on the TX.

Scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrSky RC
Horus does not use GPS to set the time. It seems like your system time issue is RTC data lost. Under what circumstance did this happen?
Nov 04, 2016, 07:03 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
Back to the future?
Nov 04, 2016, 07:07 PM
Quote:
It occurs every time I turn off the TX. I'll turn on the TX, set the time and turn it off. When I turn the TX back on, the time is reset to 2065. there's been a few times when the time is correct after I turn the TX back on, but most of the time, it is reset when I turn on the TX.

Scotty
If it was a Taranis I would advise replacing the RTC battery on the mainboard. Not sure if Horus has one or if it does the same job but it might be worth a look.
Nov 04, 2016, 10:04 PM
I saw a YouTube video where the Horus was opened up and it showed a small battery on one of the boards that looks just like a watch battery. I am thinking that the battery is dead, but I am not sure if I open it up to change the battery will it void any kind of warranty I might have.

Scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
If it was a Taranis I would advise replacing the RTC battery on the mainboard. Not sure if Horus has one or if it does the same job but it might be worth a look.
Nov 04, 2016, 10:06 PM
It would have been really funny if the time was resetting to Nov. 5, 1955 instead.

Scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg
Back to the future?
Nov 04, 2016, 10:24 PM
Quote:
I saw a YouTube video where the Horus was opened up and it showed a small battery on one of the boards that looks just like a watch battery. I am thinking that the battery is dead, but I am not sure if I open it up to change the battery will it void any kind of warranty I might have.

Scotty
Opening the radio can't void the warrantly, it's necessary for normal user functions like mode change and some stick adjustments. It does need to be done with care as its easy to pull cables from their connectors. There's a video somewhere I think I recall showing the procedure, can't find it with a quick look though. Someone might know where it is.

Be aware that the battery should not be flat in a new radio and if it is it might be an indicator of a more serious issue with the radio that needs attention. Have you contacted your dealer about the matter?
Nov 04, 2016, 11:13 PM
All other functions seem to work fine. I will check the RTC battery to see if it is dead or not. Either way, I'll contact the vendor that I purchased from to see what they can do.

Thank you for the information. I haven't used it yet with a plane, but I have been setting up an Open class sailplane with it when I noticed the RTC issue.

Scotty

Quote:
Opening the radio can't void the warrantly, it's necessary for normal user functions like mode change and some stick adjustments. It does need to be done with care as its easy to pull cables from their connectors. There's a video somewhere I think I recall showing the procedure, can't find it with a quick look though. Someone might know where it is.

Be aware that the battery should not be flat in a new radio and if it is it might be an indicator of a more serious issue with the radio that needs attention. Have you contacted your dealer about the matter?
Nov 05, 2016, 10:46 AM

Motor control in Glider Option

I’m trying to program the Horus with the FrTX OS in Glider Mode. Does anyone know how to operate a motor using a switch rather than the throttle stick? The manual does not explain anything about this under the Motor Menu. I can do it in OpenTX with my Taranis but so far I can’t find the equivalent of an offset setting for motor.

Ian
Nov 05, 2016, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, I normally run a dsmx hack module in my teranis for my bind n fly stuff and noticed in FrOS dsm2 dsmx is not there but there is a + ppm and a -ppm. Should I be using one of these or is it only going to work in opentx?
Nov 05, 2016, 10:32 PM
I opened the Horus up today and checked the RTC battery and got 3.08 volts, which is where it should be. I put the battery back in the radio and put the radio back together. I turned on the radio and the time was reset to 2015 and not 2065. So I set the system time to the current date and time and turned off the radio. I waited all day and turned the radio back on and the time is still correct! It looks like the battery was not properly installed or not making good contact.

Scotty

Quote:

Nov 05, 2016, 10:52 PM
Quote:
I opened the Horus up today and checked the RTC battery and got 3.08 volts, which is where it should be. I put the battery back in the radio and put the radio back together. I turned on the radio and the time was reset to 2015 and not 2065. So I set the system time to the current date and time and turned off the radio. I waited all day and turned the radio back on and the time is still correct! It looks like the battery was not properly installed or not making good contact.

Scotty
Glad it's fixed. Someone reported the same issue on another thread.
Nov 06, 2016, 01:56 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy S
Hey guys, I normally run a dsmx hack module in my teranis for my bind n fly stuff and noticed in FrOS dsm2 dsmx is not there but there is a + ppm and a -ppm. Should I be using one of these or is it only going to work in opentx?
Hack module won't work in FrTx.
Nov 07, 2016, 09:12 AM
I thought the new release was supposed to be able to use both internal and external antenna at the same time? I tried to set it to do so, but there wasn't such an option the the system or model menu.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

chewy
Nov 07, 2016, 09:22 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
I believe when you select external, both are active.
Nov 08, 2016, 12:01 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Got my Horus this afternoon, and am playing with it tonight. One thing I cannot figure out for the life of me is how to see the time for the timers..I want to set up a countdown timer, starting at 10 minutes, and counting down to 0:00, but I cannot get the "time" field to highlight no matter what I do.

Coming from OpenTX on the Taranis, I want to give FrSky OS a chance before I flash it over.

I have highlighted timer one from the model screen, and hit enter, where I can select the type of timer, how I want it to start, etc, but I just can't adjust the starting time.. I must be missing something simple.
Latest blog entry: Intro..a few years to late!
Nov 08, 2016, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS View Post
Got my Horus this afternoon, and am playing with it tonight. One thing I cannot figure out for the life of me is how to see the time for the timers..I want to set up a countdown timer, starting at 10 minutes, and counting down to 0:00, but I cannot get the "time" field to highlight no matter what I do.

Coming from OpenTX on the Taranis, I want to give FrSky OS a chance before I flash it over.

I have highlighted timer one from the model screen, and hit enter, where I can select the type of timer, how I want it to start, etc, but I just can't adjust the starting time.. I must be missing something simple.
The FrskyOS was supposed to be simple and compete with the Futabas and Spektrums of this world.

Frsky invested a lot in the software, consequently pushing up the cost of the Horus. A couple of beginners I know are shifting to OpenTX for its sheer power and elegance. I do not have much data, but suspect the FrOS strategy is not paying off.

Time will tell . . .
Nov 08, 2016, 02:28 AM
FrOS looks like a bad futaba rip-off. I tried it quickly but did not like the looks and the structure. Comparing to OpenTX with widgets it really lacks a lot. I think a beginner can get used to OpenTX rather quickly and it would be better to fully learn how to setup mixers themselves rather then through black-box predefined model configs....
Nov 08, 2016, 04:08 AM
If I were a new guy looking to buy a decent transmitter, I would go the following way : ( of course I am an old fox steeped in OpenTX and the Frsky ecosystem. .)

For the price of a competing brand, I would buy a Horus AND a Taranis Plus.

Would buy a bunch of receivers and sensors. All would work with both Txs.

Load OpenTX on the Taranis, visit OpenTX university, read Mike Shellim's excellent tutorial. . . and lots of stuff available online.

Use Companion to program a foamy or expendable craft. Test out thoroughly on Companion and the model and then go fly.

Load OpenTX on Horus and program the same craft on Horus and again fly.

Spend some time on these forums. Contribute to the Devs at OpenTX.

Again fly. Build confidence. Start converting fellow flyers to this new religion . . .
Nov 08, 2016, 04:22 AM
Deffo +1
Nov 08, 2016, 02:05 PM
Hi,
Quote:
very simple: you have to go back to Home Screen - then highlight timer - enter - ... thats it. (Look at page 14 of Horus User Guide)
Nov 08, 2016, 02:16 PM
RC Geeky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyAnn View Post
Well said I never use a momentary switch the only thing I can think it could be used for is to start a timer but you could use any other switch just the same, plus what's so hard about swooping a switch to whatever type you want.
I use it it for momentary RSSI values rather than have it sounding at predefined intervals, so from that standpoint find it very useful...
Nov 08, 2016, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans S View Post
Hi,
very simple: you have to go back to Home Screen - then highlight timer - enter - ... thats it. (Look at page 14 of Horus User Guide)
When I do that, it goes to the setup screen, where I can change my trigger for the timer and such..that's why I am lost. I may just flash OpenTX and get back to something that makes sense.

Setting up a plane wasn't to bad, though I do miss the power of OpenTX
Nov 08, 2016, 02:26 PM
Quote:
When I do that, it goes to the setup screen, where I can change my trigger for the timer and such..that's why I am lost. I may just flash OpenTX and get back to something that makes sense.

Setting up a plane wasn't to bad, though I do miss the power of OpenTX
The manual is your friend on that. It describes all the modes and how to set them.
Nov 08, 2016, 05:10 PM
Ok, so I sat down and figured out what was going on. Unlike OpenTX (and most every radio I have had since my first computer radio with a timer, JR 10S, MANY years ago) instead of actually adjusting the time in the upper left corner of the countdown timer screen, you adjust it in the right hand "Alarm" column.

I was expecting to adjust the display time in the upper right, and then have the ability to set an alarm prior to it expiring. For example, have a 10:00 minute countdown, with an alarm at 1:00 minute to go, like I can in OpenTX.

The manual is sadly lacking, though I understand it was written when the hardware and software were both in an early beta, and will (hopefully) be improved as time goes on.
Nov 09, 2016, 12:21 AM
Thread OP
Set a switch to reset the timer-alarm setting (to adjust the time), refer to the picture below
Nov 09, 2016, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobed View Post
I believe when you select external, both are active.
Thanks for the info
Nov 09, 2016, 06:47 PM

track files

I am able to set up models just fine in FrSky Os, but can't get .wav files to announce switch positions. All my wav files are well under 100k and are in the tracks folder. I have assigned their names to switches on the special functions page. I have turned on various sounds on the sounds page. The speaker works for various beeps.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any pointers you can give this newbe.
Nov 09, 2016, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymac
I am able to set up models just fine in FrSky Os, but can't get .wav files to announce switch positions. All my wav files are well under 100k and are in the tracks folder. I have assigned their names to switches on the special functions page. I have turned on various sounds on the sounds page. The speaker works for various beeps.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any pointers you can give this newbe.
In Special Functions is there a check mark in the box after the SF line number?

Mike
Nov 10, 2016, 07:52 AM
Yes, Mike. The box is checked. I suspect that there is something wrong with my track files. They are .wav, but are 16000 and not 32000 whatever's, and I saw somewhere that they needed to be the higher number. I created the files with Audacity, first at 32000, but the files were all over 100k, so I went to 16000 to get them smaller.

Should I use another method of producing track .wav files, perhaps text to speech?
Nov 10, 2016, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Yes, Mike. The box is checked. I suspect that there is something wrong with my track files. They are .wav, but are 16000 and not 32000 whatever's, and I saw somewhere that they needed to be the higher number. I created the files with Audacity, first at 32000, but the files were all over 100k, so I went to 16000 to get them smaller.

Should I use another method of producing track .wav files, perhaps text to speech?
Try this example that is a known good working FrTX OS track sound file example. You will need to unzip it. Also see sample Special Function screen.

Mike
Nov 10, 2016, 09:31 AM
All my Horus .wav files seem to be 16K, which might explain the slightly 'muffled' tone when compared to the 32K samples of the Taranis. If there's no reason not to (renaming?), I might copy over the Taranis files and use those.
Nov 10, 2016, 05:37 PM
Mike,
None of those .win files are in either the main memory or the chip of my new Horus.
I have spent about 20 hours trying, so figured that I had messed up the system. Though it works to make models, so I tried to flash the latest firmware. - couldn't make that work either.

I then ditched my downloads and tried to download firmware again from frsky, but the download now doesn't contain the .bin file.

Maybe it is down for upstate....
Or maybe I am too old for this...
Nov 10, 2016, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Mike,
None of those .win files are in either the main memory or the chip of my new Horus.
I have spent about 20 hours trying, so figured that I had messed up the system. Though it works to make models, so I tried to flash the latest firmware. - couldn't make that work either.

I then ditched my downloads and tried to download firmware again from frsky, but the download now doesn't contain the .bin file.

Maybe it is down for upstate....
Or maybe I am too old for this...
You lost me.

The zip file I provided contains a sample known good wav file to put in your SOUNDS/en/TRACK folder on the Flash Memory drive. You need to unzip it first.

The Sample Special Functions screen was just so you had a example of how the Special Functions are used and how the RateHigh.wav file was used on SF4. Just something for you to use to test your sounds.

Mike
Nov 10, 2016, 07:40 PM
Sorry, Mike. I see your file now.
I tried it and it works, so something is wrong with my .wav files.
I created them wits Audacity on my Mac and though I had it right. There s not much to do wrong.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Also, I have seen conflicting info about whether to flash with .bin or the other format. Which is correct? I can't find ?ib in the firmware folder on the frsky site.

Heyward in Virginia
Nov 10, 2016, 07:42 PM
Oops, make that .bin and not ?ib in my last post. I have one arm in a cast and it cramps my typing.

H
Nov 10, 2016, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Sorry, Mike. I see your file now.
I tried it and it works, so something is wrong with my .wav files.
I created them wits Audacity on my Mac and though I had it right. There s not much to do wrong.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Also, I have seen conflicting info about whether to flash with .bin or the other format. Which is correct? I can't find ?ib in the firmware folder on the frsky site.

Heyward in Virginia
The firmware flashing instructions are on the FrSky website http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/vie...g Instructions

Mike
Nov 11, 2016, 05:56 AM
I want S1 to have values 0..100 ( Gain for S6 receiver) on CH 9.
How to set Curve on chanell?

If I set end points then S1 to half nothing then other half goes 0..100,
by default I have -100..100.

I need smooth from 0..100 all S1 travel.
Nov 11, 2016, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srepfler
I want S1 to have values 0..100 ( Gain for S6 receiver) on CH 9.
How to set Curve on chanell?

If I set end points then S1 to half nothing then other half goes 0..100,
by default I have -100..100.

I need smooth from 0..100 all S1 travel.
Two point curve. Point one X= -100, y= 0. Point two X= 100, y=100.
Tom
Nov 11, 2016, 09:07 AM
Mike,
This morning, I downloaded Audacity to my PC laptop, thinking tht doing it on a Mac and transferring to the PC was causing the .wav files to be corrupted for the Horus. I made new .wav files and loaded them to the removable chip. The radio still plays your file but none of mine.

Are there settings for Audacity that I don't know about? I used both 32 and 16 khz.

And I shall look at the flash instructions. Thanks.

Heyward
Nov 11, 2016, 09:19 AM
I've used a fairly old version of Audacity to produce both 16K & 32K wav files and both work fine for me on the Horus. So I suspect that you're correct and that there's some setting somewhere that's making them incompatible.
I'm not sure if there are any filename length or character restrictions, but you could try renaming them to something short & simple e.g. 'xxxx.wav'
Failing that - if you upload one of you .wav files for me to have a look at I'll try determine why it isn't working.
Nov 11, 2016, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Mike,
This morning, I downloaded Audacity to my PC laptop, thinking tht doing it on a Mac and transferring to the PC was causing the .wav files to be corrupted for the Horus. I made new .wav files and loaded them to the removable chip. The radio still plays your file but none of mine.

Are there settings for Audacity that I don't know about? I used both 32 and 16 khz.

And I shall look at the flash instructions. Thanks.

Heyward
I don't use Audacity, but you know that sounds go on the Flash Memory drive in SOUNDS/en/TRACK right?

Mike
Nov 11, 2016, 09:30 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
Quote:
Mono, 16bit and PCM are the defaults.
Nov 11, 2016, 09:31 AM
Thanks, Mike;

I found the .bin file this time and successfully updated my OS on my Horus.
But nothing I try gets my .wav files to speak. I am encouraged that your file works, however.

So, i would like to send you one of my files, created by a fresh version of Audacity for Windows. I run Win 10 on a Toshiba laptop.

But I don't see how to do that. When I drag it to the attached files pane I get an error - invalid file notice.

h
Nov 11, 2016, 09:49 AM
I do put the .wav files in the Sounds/en/track folder on the removable chip, and the .wav that Mike sent me is in with mine and works just fine.

I use 16khz and mono, but don't know what PCM is. I don't see any such setting or preference for that. Could that be the problem?

I have an appointment now, so will check back in a few hours.

Thanks, everyone.

heyward
Nov 11, 2016, 10:08 AM
Quote:
I do put the .wav files in the Sounds/en/track folder on the removable chip, and the .wav that Mike sent me is in with mine and works just fine.

I use 16khz and mono, but don't know what PCM is. I don't see any such setting or preference for that. Could that be the problem?

I have an appointment now, so will check back in a few hours.

Thanks, everyone.

heyward
Use Export Audio and in the Save as type drop down you should see "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM". Select that and save..
Tom
Nov 11, 2016, 10:49 AM
Thanks, Tom;
but that is what I use.
Still no sound from my files.

I will re-visit after a luncheon honoring Veterans - I am a VietNam Vet.

Heyward
Nov 12, 2016, 01:11 AM

Switch to read current time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrSky RC
Set a switch to reset the timer-alarm setting (to adjust the time), refer to the picture below
Hi FrSky RC and Everyone.
just got the Horus and love it.
Currently running FrOS and don't really want to change it.
BUT, From looking in the menu and the manual,
I understand there is no way to set a switch that reads the current time.
When setting voice in the timer, it reads every round minute but
sometimes I want to know the current time when flicking a switch,
i.e that radio will read with voice "Four minutes and 20 seconds remaining" - instead of me needing to look in the radio screen.

even looked in Special Function menu, when choosing play value and assigning a button to it, there is no option to choose Timer1 or Timer2 - Like OpenTX have.

Can this be added? Am I missing this somewhere?

Thanks,
Guy.
Nov 12, 2016, 08:31 PM

.wav in track

DH,

I would appreciate your taking a look at one of my .wav files to see what I am doing wrong. I have tried for three days to get one to play on my Horus. The .wav Jet Flier sent works fine.

Can you tell me how to send you a file?

Thanks.

Heyward
Nov 13, 2016, 03:03 AM
Quote:
DH,

I would appreciate your taking a look at one of my .wav files to see what I am doing wrong. I have tried for three days to get one to play on my Horus. The .wav Jet Flier sent works fine.

Can you tell me how to send you a file?

Thanks.

Heyward
.wav files are not supported by the forum, so you need to either zip them or just add a supported file type after the ".wav" so it would look like like "some sounds.wav.txt" you need to be in advanced mode and you will see a box below the reply box with the text "+ Drag Files Here or Click to Browse". Click the box and browse for the file. Double click or select "open" and your file will be attached to your post.
Tom
Nov 13, 2016, 04:40 AM
heymac
Happy to look at a file for you.
As Tomkfly says, you need to rename the file so that it doesn't end in '.wav' - the simplest way being to add '.txt' to the end of the existing name. Then click the [Go Advanced] button at the bottom right, then use the 'paperclip' button to add the file renamed as an attachment to a reply.
Nov 13, 2016, 09:10 AM
Thank you DH and Tom;
Here is the .wav file titled, FlapsUp.wav with txt on the end.
I look forward to what you discover, boy do I look forward to it!

Heyward
Nov 13, 2016, 09:34 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
Format is fine, save the files in audacity without any metadata and try again.
Nov 13, 2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks, Allerhopp,

I usually clear the metadata before saving, but I cleared this one again. Still, it does not play.
On the other hand, the .wav file Mike sent me works just fine, so the Horus is ok. In the special functions menu line, I just substituted one for the other to minimize other possible issues I have tried three programs and two computers. I can't understand this. Any ideas?

Heyward
Nov 13, 2016, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Thank you DH and Tom;
Here is the .wav file titled, FlapsUp.wav with txt on the end.
I look forward to what you discover, boy do I look forward to it!

Heyward
You have seven characters in the name, I believe 2.2 only allows 6.
Tom
Nov 13, 2016, 01:06 PM
That's an OpenTx 2.2 restriction though, not FrTx?
Nov 13, 2016, 01:26 PM
FRTX allows 9 plus the .wav, according to the manual, and the names of the sounds do show up in the TX, just not the sound.

I will reduce the size anyhow, just to be sure.

That will be later, I am going out to fly on a beautiful fall day.

heyward
Nov 13, 2016, 01:30 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
You have seven characters in the name, I believe 2.2 only allows 6.
This is the FrTX thread.

Quick Reply