FrSky Horus HW and FrTX OS discussion - RC Groups
Sep 02, 2016, 07:51 AM
Discussion

FrSky Horus HW and FrTX OS discussion

This thread is dedicated to FrSky Horus HW and FrTX OS questions and updates. Here is the public github for bug/issue reports, as well as suggestions: https://github.com/FrSky-OS/HORUS-X1...12S-bug-report

We will maintain the first several posts with useful index, update information and links.
Last edited by FrSky RC; Jan 23, 2018 at 09:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2016, 07:53 AM
https://www.frsky-rc.com/horus-x12s/
Horus X12S Version History
Ver1.2.25
1. fix the issue of wrong channel output when channel speed is changed
2. fix the issue of celsMin data display
3. fix the issue about logic sw
4. fix the issue of the cut

Ver1.3.01(Beta)
1. Timer is added as a source of LSW.
2. Fix the bug of trim values can not be saved when flight mode is changed.
3. Fix the bug of minRSSI is always 0 when the model is changed.
4. Add the Center trim in Spec Function.
5. S6R/S8R can be configured in Horus.
6. Telemetry data can work as input sources.
7. SW warning can be set to active separately.
8. Fix the bug of values can not be saved in airbrake page.
9. Fix the bug of switch setting does not work in Thr curve page.

Ver1.4.02(Beta)
1. FW increases to 9 flight modes, and all model types support flight mode control (except for the multicopter);
2. Put part of the icons into the flash;
3. When copying the model file, the suffix ď_copyĒ is changed to the front ď_Ē;
4. External module will set telemetry mode in bind mode;
5. Add external RF module S.Port switch, to avoid data conflicts on RFSystem interface;
6. Added R9M module power settings in RF System;
7. The distance between the model and the GPS sensor stops the calculation without receiving data;
8. Fix the problems of GPS sensor parameters DIST_Gno data;
9. Optimize model file switching speed;
10. Optimize curve editing to avoid data confusion;
11. Add the wireless tele transmission setting interface for the users on IOS side to send TELE data;
12. Fix the issue of high-precision variometer sensor display;
13. Optimize the model change speed;
14. Fix the issue of Flight Mode not working after the transfer of the old version Airplane model file.
File placement:
1. Config file all updated, copy Flash/CONFIG/*.* to the CONFIG directory;
2. Add some icons, copy FLASH/IMAGES/bitmap to the IMAGE directory;
3. Provide the complete documentation required for FLASH.

Ver1.4.03
1. Add RB param to log File;
2. Ignore the case of file suffixes;
3. Add STK CAL quick access on Main2.
4. Fix the issue of Tele interface returns
5. Fix the issue of WL trainer
6. Fix the issue of L1 / L2 did not respond on main page2
7. Fix the issue of the sort of J1/J2/J3/J4 on main page2 and stkCal(Copy main2.dta and stickCal.dta from 1.4.03 Beta1010\FLASH\IMAGES\bitmap to radio Flash\IMAGES\bitmap)

Ver1.4.04
1. Fix the issue of S6R/S8R setup
2. Fix the issue of f.mode invalid under RATES/EXPO( RATES/EXPO should reset without points)
3. Model pictures can be placed in the same directory as flash under SD

Ver1.5.03
1. The sw for #1 can not be changed in AILDIFF page
2. Fix the bug of time goes slow in SYS/TIME page
3. S.Port will be OFF when internal RF module is active
4. Fix the issue that timer does not stop under Glider mode
5. Fix the issue that THR. related options can not be actived in TIMER under glider mode
6. Fix the issue of mode page under molticoptor
7. Fix the issue of display of the telemetry value does not change in TeleCal
8. Fix the issue that canít set min value in TeleCal
9. Donít save value before stick calibration done
10. Fix the bug of X12 SWEXL / SWEXR opposite
11. Optimize the display of the STK dir interface
12. Optimize the warning of low battery warning

https://www.frsky-rc.com/x10/
Horus X10 X10S Version History
Ver1.1.03
1. Prohibit the PWM / ADC button to get the focus on Infomation
2. Fix the issue of Tele interface returns
3. Fix the issue of WL trainer
4. Fix the issue of PGUP is not available on teleSetup

Ver1.1.04
1. Fix the issue of S6R/S8R setup
2. Fix the issue of f.mode invalid under RATES/EXPO( RATES/EXPO should reset without points)
3. Model pictures can be placed in the same directory as flash under SD

Ver1.2.02
1. Add delay for logical switches;
2. Add delay and fade in/out for mixer under the custom model;
3. Add delay and fade in/out for exMixer under AIRPLANE / GLIDER / HELICOPTOR/MULTICOPTER models;
4. Add supports for extendable stick end;
5. Fix the bug of incorrect calibration of battery voltage;
6. Improve the accuracy of telemetry data ALTI_V(0.01m);
7. R9M fully supported;
8. Fix the bug of SWASH RING;
9. Fix the bug of L12R mode, L9R receiver without SWR warning;
10. Flight Mode only use logic sw 1-8 except custom model;
11. Fix the bug of date;
12. Fix the bug of blink after wakeup.

Ver1.2.03
1. The sw for #1 can not be changed in AILDIFF page
2. Fix the bug of time goes slow in SYS/TIME page
3. S.Port will be OFF when internal RF module is active
4. Fix the issue that timer does not stop under Glider mode
5. Fix the issue that THR. related options can not be actived in TIMER under glider mode
6. Fix the issue of mode page under molticoptor
7. Fix the issue of display of the telemetry value does not change in TeleCal
8. Fix the issue that canít set min value in TeleCal
9. Donít save value before stick calibration done
10. Optimize the display of the STK dir interface
11. Optimize the warning of low battery
Last edited by FrSky RC; Feb 12, 2018 at 03:54 AM.
Sep 02, 2016, 08:03 AM
How-To Horus X12S Flashing Instructions: https://www.frsky-rc.com/horus-x12s/
Credits go to Mike Dailey and Jan Urbanek with support from the OpenTX team members Bertrand Songis and Andre Bernet. FrSky website will be in sync if edits are made by Mike Dailey on RCG.

Updated on Feb. 7th, 2018
1. Updated OpenTX Companion screens and weblinks.
2. Added FrOS firmware file compatibility section.

How-To Horus X10 X10S Flashing Instructions: https://www.frsky-rc.com/x10/
Updated on Jan. 30th, 2018
Added stick end connection information.

Configuring a Simple Fixed Wing Model by Mike Dailey
Overview: This document is a step-by-step guide to configuring a simple fixed wing model in the FrSky Horus X12S using the FrTX OS. The sample model is fixed wing 65Ē span classic pattern competition aircraft called Tiporare. The FrTX OS has very powerful advanced programming options including Logical Switches and Free Mixers, but for this exercise we will use just simple basic configurations through the menu options.
FrSky-Horus-X12S---Fixed-...

Landing Gear Retraction Automation by Mike Dailey
Overview: This document is a step-by-step guide to configure a simple automated function using the FrSky Horus X12S with FrTX OS. FrTX OS is a menu driven system that provides the ability to quickly configure models using the built in functions, but FrTX also includes advanced features including Logical Switches and Free Mixers. The logic is programed so at a set altitude the landing gear is retracted and extends below the set altitude. The example provided can be used to configure other advanced functions, e.g. control throttle above set altitude or with a speed sensor control wing sweep on an F-14 Tomcat.
FrSky-Horus-X12S---Functi...

Configuring a Critical RSSI Level Alarm function to augment the built in RSSI Warning Alarm by Mike Dailey
Overview: This document is a step-by-step guide to configure a simple Critical RSSI Level Alarm function to augment the built in RSSI Warning Alarm with the FrSky Horus X12S FrTX OS using the Logic Switches. FrTX has a built in adjustable warning alarm setting for low RSSI and then the normal Telemetry Lost alert when the RF link is lost. It is sometimes helpful to have a second RSSI warning that can be set below the low RSSI warning, but before the Telemetry Lost alert. Using the Logic Switches and Special Functions a second adjustable RSSI Critical warning feature can be created.
FrSky Horus X12S - RSSI C...

FrSky XJT RF Module - 32 Channels by Mike Dailey
Overview: This document is a step-by-step guide for configuring the X12S FrTX OS and the external FrSky XJT RF module to add 16 channels to the X12S base 16 channel RF system. The configurations can be used as 32 individual channels (16 on internal IXJT and 16 on the XJT) or 16 redundant channels. There are many different combinations that can be created with the redundant RF links and this document covers the most common.
XJT 32 Channels

FrOS Landing Gear Door Sequencer by Mike Dailey
Overview: This document is a step-by-step "how to" guide to configure a simple landing gear door sequence function using the FrSky Horus with FrOS firmware. The logic switch delay function used is currently in FrOS 1.2.02 for the X10S/X10 and will be in the soon to be released 1.5.0X for the X12S. The doors open as the gear starts to retract and close after the gear is fully retracted. When the gear is extended the doors open and then close after the gear is fully extended. The gear door open time can be adjusted individually for gear up or gear down.
FrSky Horus FrOS - Gear D...
Last edited by FrSky RC; Feb 07, 2018 at 07:53 PM.
Sep 02, 2016, 02:45 PM
It will be good to follow this thread. Thanks for starting it.
Sep 02, 2016, 03:13 PM
what's the goal of this thread ?

you have had over 100 beta testers around the world (they had to pay $$$ for samples) and you didn't even consider many of their important suggestions
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=692

now that the Horus is been released it's time to start collecting all the hardware defects of the first batch LOL
Sep 02, 2016, 03:18 PM
my question is: when are the Taranis V3, Horus X12 and X12D gonna be available ? https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=3115467

thanks Frsky
Sep 02, 2016, 04:33 PM
Great thread hopefully that provides direct manufacturers customer support, well played Frsky.
Sep 02, 2016, 08:26 PM
Noob
*subscribed*
Sep 02, 2016, 08:53 PM
I am pleased to see this thread. While I have had a Taranis since it came out, I never felt all that comfortable with Open TX. I am more used to the menu system on my old Futaba 9C. I "think" in those terms. I think I am going to like Frsky OS, though I have already discovered a few features that I think should be added, and of course have a few questions.

It looks like it is designed to "speak" the name of the model if the user adds a folder of wav files of their model names. I have created such a file but don't see a name or location for it on the internal flash memory. I did add images and tracks to the memory.

How do I do the model name sounds that get "spoken" when I select a model?
Sep 02, 2016, 09:04 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
I am pleased to see this thread. While I have had a Taranis since it came out, I never felt all that comfortable with Open TX. I am more used to the menu system on my old Futaba 9C. I "think" in those terms. I think I am going to like Frsky OS, though I have already discovered a few features that I think should be added, and of course have a few questions.

It looks like it is designed to "speak" the name of the model if the user adds a folder of wav files of their model names. I have created such a file but don't see a name or location for it on the internal flash memory. I did add images and tracks to the memory.

How do I do the model name sounds that get "spoken" when I select a model?
Those model name sound files go in SOUNDS/en/model

Mike
Sep 02, 2016, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
Great thread hopefully that provides direct manufacturers customer support, well played Frsky.
Yes,we will.
Sep 02, 2016, 10:27 PM
When will the support start?
Sep 02, 2016, 11:51 PM
This support costs money.

It is not the free ( and fantastic ) support the OpenTx Devs provide just for the love of it. . .

Your Horus price is high because you obviously plan to recover your OS development costs.

Will this support cost be reflected in higher prices of your forthcoming receivers/sensors etc ? Or is it that you have factored it in on anticipation of higher sales of your products.
Sep 03, 2016, 12:04 AM
I'm in.... subscribed
Sep 03, 2016, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andytransonic
This support costs money.

It is not the free ( and fantastic ) support the OpenTx Devs provide just for the love of it. . .

Your Horus price is high because you obviously plan to recover your OS development costs.

Will this support cost be reflected in higher prices of your forthcoming receivers/sensors etc ? Or is it that you have factored it in on anticipation of higher sales of your products.
I suggest to you that the jury's still out on what support will be provided here. FRSKY could be hoping that other users will provide the answers to questions asked, if so there would be no cost or effort involved. Already happened with the first question asked here.

Someone with user name Frsky RC and representing FRSKY started this thread with the intent to provide information about their Horus firmware, how to use it, to collect bug reports (presumably) and notify fixes etc. I would love it if that someone could be left to do that, I want to see how well and how quickly FRSKY actually provides user support.

To that end, I think that it would be great, as an experiment, if other people who may know the answers to questions asked here refrained from answering them and left it to Frsky RC.

Quick Reply