Blade Theory Type W FPV Wing - Page 4 - RC Groups
Sep 22, 2016, 06:16 PM
Sky Soldier
No i don't think anyone has? If so please let us know
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2016, 09:00 PM
I read the manual and it says you need a transmitter with a 3 position switch. I have a dx6i, any way to make this work? Also, does anyone know if the included camera and video transmitter is worth it?
Sep 22, 2016, 09:57 PM
Sky Soldier
^ i also have a dx6i darn
don't wanna have to get a new radio :/ i'm gonna cancel my order
Sep 23, 2016, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugger
Horizon shows them in stock. Has anyone received their preorder ?
I will get mine delivered on Saturday.
Sep 23, 2016, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndRCFLYER
^ i also have a dx6i darn
don't wanna have to get a new radio :/ i'm gonna cancel my order
Look up on how to set up a mix. That's what i had to do when i still had a dx6i to work on my quads.
Sep 23, 2016, 09:58 PM
Sky Soldier
^ ok where on youtube?
Sep 24, 2016, 12:23 AM
Mastering the basics
Finally, Finally, Finally. A grab and go FPV wing. The only downside is their foam choice. Doesn't matter though. I'll swap out the hardware to something better once I trash this one. I just put my order in tonight. Hopefully I can keep it in the air longer than my mini-quads.
Sep 24, 2016, 09:38 AM
If you have never flown a moderately fast FPV fixed wing I suggest a few tips. Probably in reverse order...
  1. Planes tend to fly out of range rather quickly. When you turn around to head back the screen breaks up even worse. You tend to lose your signal turning as the pattern from the VTX antenna is now diminished. Losing your plane sucks so keep it well within its vtx limits. Don't fly it over stuff you can't get to. If you don't have Return to Home GPS then don't push the VTX limit.
  2. Have someone there to launch. The two hand over head launch or side arm launches. Practice with no FPV first.
  3. Fly it without FPV and trim it out and get the feel for the plane. Seems obvious but everyone wants to rush to the fun and overlook the obvious.

I started FPV fixed wing with the Delta Ray. The Safe mode helps with FPV as I can let the limits of the beginner mode help me keep the plane from going into a plunge to the ground. Leverage this feature. I really enjoy to this day the Delta Ray with its low power VTX that came with my Attitude goggles. I enjoy its landing gear for take offs and landings with it.
Sep 24, 2016, 12:39 PM
Just received my Theory this morning (yea one day shipping to Indiana)! Just flew the first flight non-fpv. It flies great! Super smooth in the 10-15 mph wind I'm expierencing right now. The big advantage of this is plane and setup, 5 min from box to flying. As3x was great out of the box, Heading home to get my goggles right now then heading back out to the field to try it out Fpv
Sep 24, 2016, 02:21 PM
2-3 flights completed fpv... nearly every flight I had to hand off the tax due to the video signal dropping out. I'm not sure but I think the vtx is over heating. If you don't launch it within a min or two of plugging in the flight pack it will get really hot and stop sending video. We had two different ground stations running for "passengers" and losing signal was consistent across the board.

I will try opening up the front air hole tonight to see if it helps at all.

Besides the video issues, I really do enjoy flying this thing! Taking off is very easy with safe mode on!
Sep 24, 2016, 05:10 PM
Premium Registered User
Discover RC put up this excellent video earlier:

Blade Theory Type W FPV Equipped | Unboxed at HT + Specs (5 min 52 sec)
Sep 24, 2016, 08:40 PM
@ Nadalwannabe..what battery are you running and what are your flight times ? Also, is there anyway to get air to the vtx ? It looks buried in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sep 24, 2016, 09:37 PM
So I'm using glacier 1300 mah 4s packs 75c. After a 6 min flight with approx 40% of the time at full throttle I was putting back on average 750 mah.

As for airflow to the vtx... there is a small hole approx 1/8 inch in the nose leading back to where the vtx is buried. I'm going to increase this hole size tonight and see if it helps tomorrow.
Sep 24, 2016, 11:51 PM
Keep Flying
Hey Nadalwannabe

Glad to see someone got theirs and is having some fun,i just got my email and fedx wont have mine here til next friday ...IL, to NJ..i could have walked it here faster,shipping from China is faster,LOL.
Are you using the camera and tx that comes with it or did you get the fpv ready and using your own,keep the info coming let us know how she goes

Ron
Sep 25, 2016, 09:14 AM
z33
z33
Subscribed. Been FPVing quads, this plane caught my eye.