Blade Theory Type W FPV Wing - Page 32 - RC Groups
Jun 17, 2017, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheerider
Do you have any pics of your setup?
I'll happily post some when the build is done. I'm in the process of adding a phoenix lite 50 ESC and the thrust 2650KV motor
:-)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2017, 08:36 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karawak
Has anyone laminated their Theory yet. I'm halfway through the Lam process and so far the wing sturdiness and difference is incredibly impressive. Albeit, the laminate job I did leaves a lot to be desired, even after I spent so much time on a beautiful paint job lol. I would love to see others build/laminate pics. I'll post some up tonight :-)
I laminated and painted mine last year and it is tough. I have hit gates and the ground and the only thing that gets dented is the nose, but a dip in some boiling water and some fresh laminate fixes those bumps.
I used 5mil and 3mil laminate.
Jun 18, 2017, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
I laminated and painted mine last year and it is tough. I have hit gates and the ground and the only thing that gets dented is the nose, but a dip in some boiling water and some fresh laminate fixes those bumps.
I used 5mil and 3mil laminate.
That looks great! Mine didn't turn out as well considering how much effort I put into the paint

One more question. Did you permanently laminate the wings to the fuselage or did you maintain the removable wing feature? There is quite a bit of play in these wings and I was thinking about just laminating them to keep them tight and flush.

Heres a picture of mine about halfway through the laminating process so far. Paint is plastidip with a color shifting effect depending on light and angle. The rough lam job ruins the paint effects but you can see the other un-laminated wing at least.
Jun 18, 2017, 06:19 AM
I originally left the wings removable but my fears of breaking that plastic wing retainer tab were realized this year so I screwed the tabs in place and then laminated the wing joints.
Jun 18, 2017, 07:47 AM
I used Vinyl.
Definitely helps when landing on hard surfaces.
Jun 18, 2017, 11:10 AM

Programming all three modes in DX-6i

I found this with a search and it works for setting all three modes with a DX-6I. My DX is the older version that doesn't have the same screen as the video, but the programming instructions are correct. The hard part is testing for the intermediate mode. It acts like the advanced mode. To test, briefly advance the throttle to active stabilization. Put in full right aileron and hold it there. Roll the plane right to 90 degrees. When you get to the 90, the elevons will snap back to zero.
all 3 SAFE modes on dx6i (6 min 14 sec)
Last edited by PoorDad57; Jun 18, 2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Add Title
Jun 18, 2017, 05:28 PM
Quote:
I originally left the wings removable but my fears of breaking that plastic wing retainer tab were realized this year so I screwed the tabs in place and then laminated the wing joints.
Good to know! Do you mind if I asked how you screwed the wing tabs in? I'm going to laminate over the wings too now after hearing your advice.
Jun 18, 2017, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karawak
Good to know! Do you mind if I asked how you screwed the wing tabs in? I'm going to laminate over the wings too now after hearing your advice.
Well, after the locking tabs(the "U-shaped" part that snaps into the socket) broke off I drilled a hole in the remaining flat part and inserted a heavy screw through it and into the socket. Then I laminated over the seam.
If I ever need to replace a servo or a wing I can still separate it.
Jun 18, 2017, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Well, after the locking tabs(the "U-shaped" part that snaps into the socket) broke off I drilled a hole in the remaining flat part and inserted a heavy screw through it and into the socket. Then I laminated over the seam.
If I ever need to replace a servo or a wing I can still separate it.
Perfect. I guess that's pretty straight forward lol. Mine aren't broken yet but I think I'll just glue them in there and laminate the seams for now. Thanks again! I can't wait to get this thing flying.
Last edited by Karawak; Jun 19, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
Jun 26, 2017, 07:43 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Maidened my wing yesterday. 1st flight was good until I did a roll and then as3x (guessing) appeared to get confused and tried to loop me into the ground! I recovered by pulling back the throttle, but it was a scary 10 seconds! 2nd flight went good, until BRRRPPPAPPP! I coast it to the field and come to find out, the motor mount melted. Why would they advertise it for 3 *OR* 4s, when it gets too hot for 4s??
Luckily I shut down the motor before it did any damage to the wing. Looks like I'll be making a new mount outta wood!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Jun 26, 2017, 09:15 AM
Fly the Big Sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolei Zinsli
Maidened my wing yesterday. 1st flight was good until I did a roll and then as3x (guessing) appeared to get confused and tried to loop me into the ground! I recovered by pulling back the throttle, but it was a scary 10 seconds! 2nd flight went good, until BRRRPPPAPPP! I coast it to the field and come to find out, the motor mount melted. Why would they advertise it for 3 *OR* 4s, when it gets too hot for 4s??
Luckily I shut down the motor before it did any damage to the wing. Looks like I'll be making a new mount outta wood!
Were you WOT the whole time? I fly on 4s too and haven't experienced this.
Jun 26, 2017, 12:08 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
I might have been, don't recall. But still...
Jun 26, 2017, 08:22 PM
I have flown this since it came out on 4s full throttle for most of the flight.

You have a bad motor or you over-propped it.
Jun 27, 2017, 09:56 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Thanks for your info. Just using the prop that came with it. I'll call HH and see what they wanna do.
Jun 28, 2017, 03:37 PM
I have a ts5823 mini 5.8 200mw vtx. and a vas clover for the vtx.
Just what I have laying in my toy box.

I don't have a camera. Any suggestions ?

I have been flying line of site over a week now.
My first with flite stabilization. Funny
time to start testing fpv setup.