Blade Theory Type W FPV Wing - Page 3 - RC Groups
Sep 08, 2016, 12:05 PM
Blade Brand Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow1717
$99 for airframe only. Sprinkle in some of the FPV bits you might have laying around and you've got what appears to be a decent FPV wing to dip your toes in. hmm..5in prop. Wonder if a 2204-2300kv multi-rotor moto would work.
** just read through the actual specs. 2205s used. multirotor motors doable it seems. I bet quite a few of us have a spare 2204/2205 laying around.

Perhaps I can get some clubmates to get some and have some true FPV wing carnage!

Spar
a smaller motor works just fine, just need to prop it correctly.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2016, 10:16 PM
Sky Soldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrotto
These will be available at the end of Sept for sure. They are being Aired in. production is complete.
Thanks bruh can't wait
Sep 09, 2016, 02:07 PM
Quote:
those work
Did you try on 3s at all? I've got a bunch of 3s1500's that could find a home in one of these. Obviously slower than on 4s, but for fun flying I would think they would be ok?
Sep 09, 2016, 05:56 PM
Premium Registered User
Quote:
These will be available at the end of Sept for sure. They are being Aired in. production is complete.
Any news on UK price & release ? I usually have better luck with Horizon products due to AS3X ect so looking forward to this one

I will be buying a Icon A5 this week.
Sep 09, 2016, 10:51 PM
Sky Soldier
I know comes ready to go but is there a build video or any tips on assembly??
Sep 10, 2016, 03:28 PM
Keep Flying
Count me in.this sounds sweet and i love Blade products with safe,very relaxing if you want,click it off and all out war lol,cant wait im pre ordering the non fpv ver,what are the flight times just cruising i see 5min is that for all out pedal to the metal,how bout just cruising seeing the sights,i plan on just running 3s so i guess i can move up to a bigger bat,just want something this size to cruise out front of house after work,or chuck in the car take on a trip ,,no racing for me but im sure i will pop a 4s and check out the speed.Steve i still have my original 350 with a million flights and safe saved that more than i can count,i could flip it roll cartwheel it and after losing it hit safe switch and its upright looking at you saying are u done or ready for more,lol maybe this can be setup with stagility like the 350,that be sweet

Ron
Sep 10, 2016, 04:25 PM
Keep Flying
Alright im counted in,just pre orderd the fpv ready,got it for under 200 with 10 percent coupon,love horizon for there coupons, and support is the best out there,been looking for something this size specially from HH, now get the goodies ready, got a RM600 mw cricket,700 tvl fatshark,mobius to chuck on there if i feel like,really not into the whole video thing just like blasting away live,what else,the batts ,got some 1300 3s but gonna need a few bigger ones maybe steve can chim in and recommend something a bit bigger,i guess a 2200 be to big maybe 15 dunno well see but im ready to test your theory steve LOL cant wait

Ron
Sep 10, 2016, 07:20 PM
Quote:
those work
Niiice, thanks Steve.
I'll definitely keep an eye on this one.
Sep 12, 2016, 09:11 AM
I get this hint of a movement now thats like "well u fly quads now graduate to wings" and yeah and I fly helis and quads mostly as theres no substitute for vtol and after damage repair they can look andfly as new....with the foam planes, I can warp/creep wings just depending on how I hang them in garage, most likely damage them in transport, repairs gonna mess with c.g plus phugoid/oscillations in flight whatever....just general lack of durability and likely to fly and look like ass in short order
Sep 14, 2016, 12:26 PM
Premium Registered User
UK Prices:

BLH03050EU Theory Type W FPV Equipped (25mw) BNF Basic 299.99 (RRP)
BLH03055 Theory Type W FPV Ready BNF Basic 229.99 (RRP)

Sep 15, 2016, 12:23 PM
WOT and going nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMustangOne
I get this hint of a movement now thats like "well u fly quads now graduate to wings" and yeah and I fly helis and quads mostly as theres no substitute for vtol and after damage repair they can look andfly as new....with the foam planes, I can warp/creep wings just depending on how I hang them in garage, most likely damage them in transport, repairs gonna mess with c.g plus phugoid/oscillations in flight whatever....just general lack of durability and likely to fly and look like ass in short order
You've obviously never owned a proper racing wing.
Sep 19, 2016, 06:17 PM
Wow I would have thought for a flying wing the flying time on a 4 cell would be way greater than 5 minutes. I like it, however with anything RC , run time is important especially when it comes to flying... Thats a big negative for me..
Sep 20, 2016, 08:46 PM
Keep Flying
Hey HH or Steve,this thread has been to quiet,starting to scare me,any word on the release date,im chomping at the bit,have something this size i just built but its not a wing but its similar in size and weigh.but that is taking a bit to get it dialed in,i am sooooo looking forward to getting this bad boy and slapping a bat in it,kinda reminds me of the stryker we had over the field. that thing hummed along,this was pre stablizating and before fpv,you actually had to fly it los at 100 mph ,that was awesome,that was z foam,had more glue and tape at the end than z foam but flew as good as new and as fast

Ron
Sep 21, 2016, 01:07 PM
Sky Soldier
Yeah Stevo to quiet we also need video on tips ,tricks , & kicks
Sep 22, 2016, 02:41 PM
Horizon shows them in stock. Has anyone received their preorder ?