Sep 01, 2016, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart
I'm thinking the FMS 580kv motor on 4S and the 15" 4 blade from the Airfield 1400mm Corsair. The FMS 1400mm Corsair prop would also be a nice slightly smaller option at 14". I have a 16" 4 blade ready to drop on the Bearcat .
Yup, I looked into it on my E-flite Corsair. I literally had to LOL, when I saw how out of scale the prop adaptor and spinner from the FMS 1.4 was on the Eflite. The Prop and Dia look great, but the adaptor and spinner/nut are WAY oversized, and looks flat out silly. Then I figured in how much bigger the motor was and threw in the towel for the time being.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2016, 01:49 PM
Hence why it would be nice for HH to do a scale upgrade kit. Even if it was just the prop/spinner. Unfortunately, the FMS and Airfield props are pretty much the only options and that diameter.
Sep 01, 2016, 02:08 PM
Suspended Account
Just buy it and do all your mods. That's what I do. People out there with 3d machines make a retractable tail wheel that works and sell them.
Sep 01, 2016, 02:17 PM
I don't know why people care about retractable tail wheels. I'd much prefer live rockets and real cannon fire.
Sep 01, 2016, 03:12 PM
Luke A.F.B., AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I don't know why people care about retractable tail wheels. I'd much prefer live rockets and real cannon fire.
Now we're talking!!
Sep 01, 2016, 03:18 PM
Chris - GREAT looking plane. Question on the size class HH seems to be focusing on..... are the 280 class on the way out? Viking just discontinued, Inverza 280 as well, Edge540 gone for a while now. Only the Adagio remains. Would personally love to see some revitalization in this 280 class. A Spitfire ... man I'd be all over that.

The 180 class warbirds are really sweet too, but small. 1.2m class is just too big for where I fly, so I like the 280 class the best.

Anything you can share on that subject?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Puckett
The P-47 was sized to be in the 1.2m class. Aircraft are not always the same scale. To run a larger 4 blade prop, this would require a larger motor, ESC and battery. This drives the cost up. We have found that 2200-3000mah 3 cell seems to be the most common battery, so that is what we aimed for on this project. The good thing is, there is plenty of room for larger batteries and I am sure larger motors would mount with out much work. The wing handles weight very well.

To answer the question about the blue being off. Here is a picture I just took showing the blue on the Star and Bar. You can see it is much darker than what shows up on the website.
Sep 01, 2016, 03:36 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubyDude
Now we're talking!!
And full metal airframe.
Sep 01, 2016, 03:59 PM
Hi Chris, I have both the Parkzone Snorting Bull and the Eflite green model P-47 with the black checkered cowling. I love both of these planes but only because I put Power 15 motors with a 50 amp ESC, and run 4S-3000mah batteries on them. Why doesn't Horizon make these planes stock with a Power 15-25 motor setup that can run off of a 4 cell battery? When the replacement motors are barley $15 less than a Power 15 I just don't get it.

The 4 cell system lets you fly these planes with much more authority and flying at 75mph is a lot more fun than at 40mph. I would rather pay an extra $50 for the better motor and ESC to start with and beginners who learn on this plane can just choose not to use full power until they are ready for it.

Come on guys you can compete with FMS and the others.....Retracts, Flaps, LIGHTS... and 4 cell power systems are what we really want.

I have one more wish...I have the Parkzone Archer, its one of my best looking little planes. It always gets compliments and everyone wants me to sell or trade it. I wont.... Now can you tell someone at Horizon if they made a 48" wingspan Archer, running off of a Power 15-25 motor using a 4 cell 3000, with lights, flaps, and retracts.....I will sell the first 1000 for them.

Thanks for reading all of this,

Nick
Sep 01, 2016, 04:02 PM
Can't the stock 1200mm Power 15 motor run 4s with an upgraded ESC?
Swap out the ESC, run 4s...sounds simple enough..
Sep 01, 2016, 04:11 PM
Cloud, The stock motors are not Power 15's and the motor they have in it uses a 3s battery using a 40 amp ESC. Even with a larger ESC like my 50 amp ones the motor won't take 4s power for too long.

The sad thing is all of their Warbirds in the 40" - 48" wingspans (2-3 lbs) have that Parkzone "15 size motor" that uses a 30 amp ESC and a 3s-2200. Once you fly them on 4s power you will hate flying them on 3s.
Sep 01, 2016, 04:17 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
Motors will take higher voltage as long as you don't exceed their current limit. Assuming that the current limit is 40A, as long as you prop down so that you don't exceed 40A, the stock motor will be fine.
Sep 01, 2016, 04:31 PM
Horizon Hobby Development
To be honest. I have done a lot of testing with all of the 1.2m warbirds and 4S packs. Stock motors, ESCs and props. I have not had any issues with shutting down in flight. This set up does put the ESC at risk as it is pulling over the 40amps that the ESC is rated to. If you opt to do this it would not be covered under warranty but I have heard of customers doing it and being successful as well.
Sep 01, 2016, 04:36 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrnick116
Hi Chris, I have both the Parkzone Snorting Bull and the Eflite green model P-47 with the black checkered cowling. I love both of these planes but only because I put Power 15 motors with a 50 amp ESC, and run 4S-3000mah batteries on them. Why doesn't Horizon make these planes stock with a Power 15-25 motor setup that can run off of a 4 cell battery? When the replacement motors are barley $15 less than a Power 15 I just don't get it.

The 4 cell system lets you fly these planes with much more authority and flying at 75mph is a lot more fun than at 40mph. I would rather pay an extra $50 for the better motor and ESC to start with and beginners who learn on this plane can just choose not to use full power until they are ready for it.

Come on guys you can compete with FMS and the others.....Retracts, Flaps, LIGHTS... and 4 cell power systems are what we really want.

I have one more wish...I have the Parkzone Archer, its one of my best looking little planes. It always gets compliments and everyone wants me to sell or trade it. I wont.... Now can you tell someone at Horizon if they made a 48" wingspan Archer, running off of a Power 15-25 motor using a 4 cell 3000, with lights, flaps, and retracts.....I will sell the first 1000 for them.

Thanks for reading all of this,

Nick
The plane is a FMS with the Eflite name
Sep 01, 2016, 04:39 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9000
Can't the stock 1200mm Power 15 motor run 4s with an upgraded ESC?
Swap out the ESC, run 4s...sounds simple enough..
Yes it can and also the 1100mm Eflite with stock everything works well on 4s. People burn up stuff when they fly them WOT the whole time.
Sep 01, 2016, 04:58 PM
RvE
RvE
WOW, Great looking razorback with very nice scale touches with the ordinance and 4 blade prop. These 1.2 m planes are the perfect size for me, and the quality and features are hard to beat. Great job on this HH.

Regards RvE

Quick Reply