2s Battery repair - 2 balance leads are disconnected - RC Groups
Sep 01, 2016, 12:00 AM
Question

2s Battery repair - 2 balance leads are disconnected

Is this battery worth trying to repair?

It's not clear at all where the broken balance leads connect to so I won't risk trying to repair it unless someone has a very good idea where they go.

I tried charging and using it without the balance leads and it didn't seem to have much power so it might be damaged already.

So I won't risk repairing it unless I can get a very good idea how to.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2016, 06:54 AM
Just match the colours - red balance wire goes to the same pad as the red main wire, black balance wire to the same pad as the black main wire.

When done, check the connections as follows:
  • Set your multimeter to DC volts range. Connect meter black wire to battery black main wire.
  • Touch meter red wire to balance connector black wire. The meter should show zero volts.
  • Touch meter red wire to balance connector gray wire. The voltage should be close to 4V (plus/minus few tenths, depending on the charge state of the battery)
  • Touch meter red wire to balance connector red wire. The reading should be something around 8V.
Sep 01, 2016, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Aerobat
Is this battery worth trying to repair?

It's not clear at all where the broken balance leads connect to so I won't risk trying to repair it unless someone has a very good idea where they go.

I tried charging and using it without the balance leads and it didn't seem to have much power so it might be damaged already.

For me that would pretty much end the whole conversation right there. Unless this is a $50 battery let it go.

So I won't risk repairing it unless I can get a very good idea how to.

Thanks
As mentioned in post #2 the repair is very straightforward but if the power is marginal why mess with it.

Glen

Quick Reply