This thread is privately moderated by gunradd, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 31, 2016, 09:26 AM
KingtechUSA
Thread OP
Discussion

My blog F15E

This is my latest creation. This is a 1/7th scale F15E built from a FBjets kit. A little over a year ago after Topgun I decided my F22 was not the best aircraft for scale competition. So I sold the F22 and bought the F15E.

On the maiden flight it had a flameout and went into some trees. I rebuilt it and I have had a great flying year with it. Florida jets was great and received a special recognition award. Then came topgun and I accomplished my goal and got first place in sportsman scale class.

The F15E is powerd by a single Kingtech K210 turbine and weighs 75lbs ready to fly. It is complete with moving pilots, functioning inlets, Canopy function , airbrake and hidden linkages on the rudders. I painted the aircraft to be sure it was the right color since the ARFs are never correct color for scale competition.

It has truly been a fantastic year with the F15E
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2016, 10:11 PM
Just curious, but what is that supposed to be that is mounted to the CFT? I worked on the F-15 for over 40 years at McDonnell-Douglas, now Boeing, and never saw that kind of carriage equipment on an F-15.
Feb 03, 2017, 10:41 PM
You sold your f22? Wish I new. Are you aware of a edf f22 for sale? Lee
Feb 23, 2017, 07:28 AM
KingtechUSA
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr
Just curious, but what is that supposed to be that is mounted to the CFT? I worked on the F-15 for over 40 years at McDonnell-Douglas, now Boeing, and never saw that kind of carriage equipment on an F-15.
Just now saw this post sorry for the delay. I think you are talking about the rail for the bombs. I had droppable bombs on the F15.
Feb 23, 2017, 07:28 AM
KingtechUSA
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap
You sold your f22? Wish I new. Are you aware of a edf f22 for sale? Lee
Hello Lee. I dont know any for sale sorry.
Feb 23, 2017, 07:35 AM
KingtechUSA
Thread OP

Skymaster extreme Cougar build

Built my son his first jet. It is the little skymaster/extreme cougar. Fantastic little plane. We powered it with a Kingtech K45. It could use a little more engine but this engine is great for learning how to fly scale and not be overpowered. The maiden went well and its a very easy plane to build. It took about 2 weeks to have her ready to go of just casual work.

Short video of my son flying. I dropped my phone near the end lol so I missed the end of the flight.
Skymaster cougar powered by Kingtech K45 (4 min 48 sec)

Quick Reply