Parrot Swing - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2016, 11:15 AM
Really?
dll932's Avatar
Looks pretty impressive. Would be fairly easy to make it resemble an X-wing fighter.
Aug 31, 2016, 06:07 PM
Registered User
chulian1819's Avatar
simplest vtol design, no tilt, just make it brushless!
Sep 01, 2016, 11:29 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
derk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819
simplest vtol design, no tilt, just make it brushless!
it would have to be larger to be brushless, also looks like its targeting the younger crowd, so brushed is safer for indoors
Nov 09, 2016, 12:19 PM
Flyin' Ryan
theimacman's Avatar
Can't believe there isn't more talk about this thing, because it's awesome!

Here is my review:

Parrot - Swing (VTOL/Quadcopter) - Review and Flight (20 min 3 sec)
Nov 09, 2016, 03:31 PM
Registered User
RCvertt's Avatar
Nice review. Does it have a barometer for height hold? I saw a micro quad at Target that had height hold but it looked to small to have a barometer on board.
Nov 09, 2016, 06:04 PM
Flyin' Ryan
theimacman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
Nice review. Does it have a barometer for height hold? I saw a micro quad at Target that had height hold but it looked to small to have a barometer on board.
Yes it does. And there are a lot of nano quads out with barometers, so I wouldn't be surprised if that one at Target does too.
Nov 09, 2016, 07:58 PM
Registered User
RCvertt's Avatar
Oh cool! Didn't know the baro had gotten small like the gyro and accel are. Thanks for the info. Looks like a fun ship to fly.
Nov 16, 2016, 11:30 AM
Registered User

Hybrid quads


The future of quads? I would like to see the availability of stand alone controllers programed with this type of transitional flight modes for use with our own aircraft and our own radio (DSMX et al) receivers. Just like are now available for quads.
(see also; AeroVironment's new Quantix hybrid quadcopter)
Nov 16, 2016, 11:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondido
The future of quads? I would like to see the availability of stand alone controllers programed with this type of transitional flight modes for use with our own aircraft and our own radio (DSMX et al) receivers. Just like are now available for quads.
(see also; AeroVironment's new Quantix hybrid quadcopter)
A flight controller that can handle these sorts of aircraft is readily available. It is called OpenAero-VTOL and runs on a KK2 board.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1972686

The firmware is free, but you can also buy the board pre-flashed at Altitude Hobbies

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/fligh...ol-pre-flashed
Nov 16, 2016, 12:26 PM
Registered User
Thank you!
Nov 20, 2016, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Clever but when you consider that the Convergence is only $100 more, not clever enough.

Though a 2s brushless with 180 size motors would interest be MORE than the Convergence.
never expect Parrot to do that as they're into clever toys and much more expensive hobby grade stuff, with
essentially nothing in between.
Last edited by speakertoanimals; Dec 05, 2016 at 08:50 PM.
Nov 28, 2016, 06:04 AM
Intermediate Multi
Trisquire's Avatar
I'd paint the tops of the wings white to help distinguish top from bottom.
Dec 02, 2016, 01:06 PM
Flyin' Ryan
theimacman's Avatar
Now the Swing can do loops and rolls!

Parrot - Swing - Flight with Stunts! (4 min 54 sec)
Dec 07, 2016, 11:11 AM
Nicholas Jacobs
njacobs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ran.st.clair@int
A flight controller that can handle these sorts of aircraft is readily available. It is called OpenAero-VTOL and runs on a KK2 board.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1972686

The firmware is free, but you can also buy the board pre-flashed at Altitude Hobbies

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/fligh...ol-pre-flashed

YES, and check out Bob P's tail sitter (scroll down the page a bit) and notice how similar it is to the Parrot machine.... flies like a dream.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...46&postcount=1

Cheers
Nicholas
p.s. BTW - Not meant to down play all the other AWESOME VTOLS (some of em are Ran's ) , just sayin'


Thread Tools